How about more Ascension classes/trees?

"
1453R wrote:
How would a Templar summoning-focused Ascendancy be different enough from Necromancer to warrant being its own Ascendancy? How would it do so without also being a Heirophant-like thing with a bunch of specific bonuses for different things?

One thing that comes to mind is a class based around weapon manifestation, bonuses for animate weapons and guardian would make for a summon branch. The other branch might be a phys attacker that animates a copy of his weapon under certain conditions, with passive bonuses to you and to minions applying to it. Minor nodes could be a general buff of some kind to summons when you kill an enemy and some defensive buff to yourself while you have X summons nearby.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 23, 2017, 3:18:23 PM
Heh, a'ight then. How would you build a Duelist crit Ascendancy that was distinct and different from Inquisitor and Assassin? Or a summoner that was distinct from Necromancer? I've got my own ideas, but I'm curious to see what yours are.

Heh, a'ight then. How would you build a Duelist crit Ascendancy that was distinct and different from Inquisitor and Assassin? Or a summoner that was distinct from Necromancer? I've got my own ideas, but I'm curious to see what yours are.

Spoiler

Marauder: "Shaman" (Summoner Ascendancy.) Devoted to the ancestors, empowers them with his own flesh. Nodes grant minions the bonuses from active Ancestral totems, then a portion of the damage of the player's own equipped weapon, enabling a hybrid summoner/melee Marauder playstyle. Additional nodes grant the Shaman bonuses when his minions kill and grant the Shaman's minions bonuses when he kills (possibly granting bonuses to both when an Ancestral totem kills), or possibly allows the Shaman to trigger summon skills on melee hit.

Distinct from Necromancer in that the Shaman is intended to wade into battle with a giant axe and fight alongside his minions; Shaman is distinctly inferior to Necromancer as a traditional summoner, but would be fantastic with an SRS/Ancestral Totem/Disfavor-type playstyle or set-up.

Spoiler
Duelist: "Buccaneer" (actual good name pending) (Critical Ascendancy.) Focus is on turning critical hits into momentum, as opposed to enhancing critical strike damage as per Assassin and Inquisitor. Nodes grant increased attack speed/base (non-crit) attack damage per Recent critical hit.
Also offers 'Break the Guard' node, similar to Elemental Overload save for physical rather than elemental damage, to enable a moderate crit playstyle. 2 points can buy ability to inflict stacking 'Off-Balance' debuff on enemies per critical hit applied in last 4s/8s/whatever-is-balanced, reducing enemy movement speed and accuracy, with second node offering increased evasion/dodge chance against off-Balance enemies, or possibly reducing enemy damage resistance when Off-Balance.

Intent is for crits to be defensive and utility in nature rather than pure offense a'la Assassin and Inquisitor. 'Physical Overload'-style node, and support nodes behind Off-Balance, allow moderate crit investment to still pay out, while high attack speed, crit-heavy builds can build stacking buffs/debuffs to swing longer battles or high clearspeed in their favor.

EDIT:

"
Atech2 wrote:

Really you did not seem to understand the 1st post at all if you think it is just about cloning other ascendancies and there would be plenty of ways to make them unique. Look at the Baron helm for example. It's stats could just as well be an ascendancy node for Templar or Marauder class.

So...you'd rather they restrict cool new ideas to a single specific Ascendancy option, rather than release awesome build-defining uniques that can be used with a number of different Ascendancy options?

Last edited by 1453R on Mar 23, 2017, 3:30:01 PM
"
1453R wrote:

I do have some ideas. For Duelist How about a ascendancy node that gives you some crit bonuses if you are wielding single one handed weapon without a shield. Just as Duelist is 1st seen at the class window and how rapiers commonly are used in reality. You could call the ascendancy class swashbuckler and it would be pretty unique.

Other aspects could be run speed and dodge and attack speed etc. Perhaps a node that reduces damage taken and gives damage boost if you have not taken damage recently.

(Edit. Just read your buccaneer stuff. It's very close what I was thinking. Pirate/swashbucler/buccaneer etc. theme. It's almost a crime there is no such thematic ascendancy class for Duelist.
Last edited by Atech2 on Mar 23, 2017, 4:05:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info