Probability of random key will work?

"
NightElfik wrote:
"
Vulpes wrote:
I believe they generate keys based on demand (i.e. current beta members inviting friends and GGG generating some for contests). I seriously doubt there is more than maybe 1,000-10,000 unclaimed keys

I don't know how exactly beta-keys system works but here on forum people are just giving keys even if they are not from GGG. So I thought that every player has 0 - 2 ~ 1 valid beta key + some more from GGG. I don't know how many players are in PoE but it can be tens of thousands? On this is based my guess and I intentionally sad larger number. The real number does not matter because of number of all keys anyways :)
People invited from the timer don't get keys, their accounds just get put straight into the beta. No keys there are all.

People in the beta can receive friend keys given out at random, which they can then pass on to other people. These are only valid until they're used, at which point they're no longer valid.
In addition to friend keys, Chris can just generate some new keys to give away when he has a reason to do so. Again, once used they're no longer valid.

I don't know for sure, but I would be very, very surprised if there are that many currently valid keys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info