Question about Gearing and Cast on Damage Taken

So prior to my query I shall say this is my first "real" character. I have been following the Lazy Paladin build, which I know is not optimal in terms of end game solo ladder destroying builds, but fills the role(s) I wish to have when playing with my friend. Those roles being, a melee fighter who can take a ton of punishment (occasionally taunt with warcry), and being an easy to play character... As I am not familiar with POE, but played Diablo 2/3 so I know a little about the genre.

With all that being said, where should I head with my gearing(aside from filling out resistances to the 75% cap), I am currently attempting to build the "premium" setup from the guide, but as I am lvl 63 yet most of the items are either out of my price range (very few chaos orbs drop and the selling of rare sets for chaos orbs hasn't really started), or above my current level. (Looking at you Bino's Kitchen knife!)

Second question is why my molten shield never procs/is cast... Did I do something wrong with the links/gems used? Molten shield resides in my gloves (first item below). Immortal cry never is cast as I don't currently have a means of generating endurance charges... Working on fixing that next, but need a solid 3-4 link helmet.

Current Equiped gear

Gear I have and will use as soon as I meet level requirements.

Thanks to any who respond with help in advance!
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2017, 8:26:14 PM
Your Molten Shell is too high level for the CWDT. Read the CWDT gem carefully.

Immortal Cry doesn't need Endurance Charges to cast. It just extends the duration.

You need to improve your gear. Rush to Dried Lake asap and start farming for Chaos Recipes. Also, go grab a non legacy Bringer of Rain. They're really cheap right now, and it'll improve your performance. You can also just grab most generic unique 1 handers and it'll be stronger than your current weapon.

So yeah, just level up and gear up for now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info