Will GGG Nerf EXP past lvl95+?

What is this thread ROFL you're nearly bad as GGG wtf lol the .1% get 100 THEREFOR LETS SCREW THE OTHER PLAYERS.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Nah man, it's up in the air as to what is easier for you in the quest to 100.

Before, say Baker days, you had Piety. The game was simple. You could hit 100 it was just slower than the pace of today.

Then they introduce the remaining Act 3 and maps. Total mind blown, you could get higher monster level areas meant lower xp penalty meant easier time leveling. You combated this with map sustainability and monster capabilities.

Blah blah blah they introduce newer map tiers, redo the map system itself twice, all with exp boosts and penalties employed throughout. With the expansion of challenges in leagues, they started pushing 90 as a benchmark. Then they tweaked exp for up to 95, and reduced it heavily 96+.

3 Horde Courtyard/Palace maps in 1.x was 1% at 99.

As of 2.x, it was 3 TIER 9 (not 6!) Poorjoy's Asylums per 1% at 99.

With introduction of Atlas, Shaped Strand gives ~4% at 90 on white/common rarity, with no mods to pack size or champion monsters. At 99, this is around ~4-5 maps per 1% depending on mods.

These gains were done just viewing the bar. I never used xp/h or ran in groups for supports. Was all done solo except the most recent stretch from 99@59% to 100.

They've all but abandoned the trek to 100, being satisfied with handing out 90s to 95s rather cheap running on sustainable yellow tiers.

Anyone with a goal to hit 100 will probably be playing the necessary hours to do so either way, regardless of whether they farm some shit zone or play it high baller and roll rippy maps for the pack sizes.

This post probably makes no sense as I'm half asleep but whatever. You won't have to worry. You'll find your path to 100 one way or another, but I'd quit being concerned about it in too much detail. You wait long enough for major revamps, you might just get screwed out of currency and maps.

Lastly anyone who complains about leveling to NINETY FIVE is a fucking shitter. You can run common white and yellow tier maps and hit that no problem. You just want the speed meta and have HC tankiness. Rarely do you get builds like that and more often than not, they're expensive as fuck. PF BV in its prime really gave a nice window for those who wanted to cheese their way to 100. Got to wait for that next best thing.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
"
What is this thread ROFL you're nearly bad as GGG wtf lol the .1% get 100 THEREFOR LETS SCREW THE OTHER PLAYERS.

It's not about wanting nerfs it's about predicting them on previous decisions from GGG. I do think it's not working as intended to have a T11 map be the most efficient way of getting to 100 BY FAR. And it isn't even a question of higher tiers not dropping since you can easily chain T13/14/15 without buying anything and with minimal rolling investment (once you get 120+ on atlas).

I don't know why GGG still hates people hitting 100 when longevity/player retention is more governed by regular patch cycle and challenges; maybe Chris Wilson eternally regrets going one level higher than D2?
"
How many hours should it take to get to level 100? They should pick a number and then use diminishing returns on monsters killed per hour (or day) instead of the current implementation.

They have not really said since beta, which was supposed to take you years or be near impossible, but this shit diminishing returns on exp gain per day...that'll kill peoples drive to even play
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
How many hours should it take to get to level 100? They should pick a number and then use diminishing returns on monsters killed per hour (or day) instead of the current implementation.

They have not really said since beta, which was supposed to take you years or be near impossible, but this shit diminishing returns on exp gain per day...that'll kill peoples drive to even play

Ye this is the issue right now. Obviously this company is way too cowardly to address or do manifesto on their vision of 100 and whether that has changed or not since Chris originally stated that. They've only announced that there would be penalties, with that cringe as fuck line that "players enjoy a harder grind." Even Chris didn't have the spine to say anything further outside of some shit about Frog MTX in that thread.

The thing that is a slap in the face was the 2.4 penalties. I was cool with the 2.3 penalties, that I agreed with. But a very swift *edit* in the patch notes without announcement? Yeah, fuck you.

I think it's odd because if you watch how streamers and the 1% or w/e play, it's a whole different game than a casual player would ever see. You have bitchboys gathering resources for your push, donations, supports (which are broken as fuck), Chayula stone market cornering as the latest thing for XP, and then in the end GGG is like "oh yeah you normal people over there who are playing your t2 builds with no Whirling/Shield Charge, fuck you and your goals."
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

But gameplay back in the early open beta days is not as it was today. This also includes veteran players just being better at the game with all the knowledge being absorbed by the pink sponge.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

If people getting to 100 gets people so triggered, let's just make 99 the max level, since this seems to be the desired outcome.
(Not Intended for TS)

If people will just stop ranting and posting here in forums a lot would be level 100 by now.

I'm on my way to level 98 at 40% now, I took a break for 2 weeks now when I died 3 times to the unknowns.
Good Hunting Exile!
OP your highest lvl Character seems to be 90 am i correct?
So tell me just how much more should they nerf exp?
Considering you cant even get past 90 as it is you REALLY think exp should be nerfed?

Fact of the matter is they can nerf exp all they want and players/streamers who play the game 16-20 hours out of a 24 hour day will STILL lvl to 100 faster than anyone else will. Just like these same players will always seem to have OP gear and lots of currency because they put the most time in so they see the most drops the most exp and the most of everything in the game simply because they are playing the most. Its really as simple as that. Even right now Etup hit 100 really fast this league but he even said himself if the exp drug on anymore than it already does it would become more of a chore and not as fun. Progress is key to keeping players playing. Not to mention the game is more about people playing in the first place NOT players watching streamers play. Thus balancing anything around streams and viewers is moot.

ANYONE can lvl to 100 BTW.. Its simply a matter of do you want to invest the time needed to do such an endeavor and can you do so without getting so bored you give up first before hitting 100. There's a reason my highest lvl is 94 because by the time any build i make hits 90+ it either can do everything in the game or is at the very least finished and can do whatever it can. Some of course could still use some better gear here and there but as far as anymore to gain from lvling it's pretty much very little to nothing to gain for the amount of effort needed to gain more lvls. Id just soon start a new build. And im fine with that. I dont think they should make it easier to lvl nor do i think they should nerf it anymore than it already is.

The ONLY thing i would suggest to be changed with exp gains at this point would be more exp to be gained for doing harder content. Theres a reason people grind the shit out of Shaped Strands to 100.. You put yourself at WAY more risk of losing 10% exp in higher tier maps for little to no better exp for doing so what so ever.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Mar 22, 2017, 7:31:52 PM
"
Demonoz wrote:

The ONLY thing i would suggest to be changed with exp gains at this point would be more exp to be gained for doing harder content. Theres a reason people grind the shit out of Shaped Strands to 100.. You put yourself at WAY more risk of losing 10% exp in higher tier maps for little to no better exp for doing so what so ever.

I dont know why you and alot of others players have this delusion that people who grind 100 only do it Strands, probably because you dont actually grind it yourself but watch Poizn and Ziz do that 24/7. Strands are amazing for Sparkers, Fireballs and Cospris because they must be hitting mobs all the time to be efficient. However they also do Shaped Shore and Atoll because of the same reason and there are plenty of 100s who dont rely on shield charge that venture into places like Shaped Court and Coves.

If you can do Atoll because it drops, you do Atoll, not Strand, if Reef drops you do Reef because its gonna push you ahead further. However its pretty fucking hard to sustain t13s+ while strands are easy to sustain.

Last edited by IMBrewmaster on Mar 22, 2017, 8:25:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info