[2.6] Golemancer Elementalist. 4x chaos golem, 1x fire, 1x lightning

After making a golemancer with 4x lvl28 flame golem, 1x ice, 1x lightning in Breach league i decided to try the chaos golems as main damage source for legacy league.
I was expecting a nerf for the "liege of the primordial" keystone but that hasn't happened so far.
For the flame golem version check out my guide @: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1825872
It is still up to date for 2.6

For this version of the elementalist golemancer build we have 4 chaos golems, 1 flame golem and 1 lightning golem.

Currently i am using 13 jewels. With a few more levels even 15 might be possible.
I use:
11x Primordial Harmony
1x Anima stone
1x Primordial Might

I self cast wither linked with cast while channelling, flesh offering and desecrate. This adds a lot to the dps of the chaos golems.

With 11 harmony jewels we will get an additional 660% golem damage. (20% damage per type of golem per jewel)
Wither will give us 7% increased chaos damage taken per stack. It will stack up to 20 times for 140% increased chaos damage taken.
Your chaos golems will wreck bosses once you throw a vaal lightning trap and stack wither up tot 20 stacks.

So far the chaos golems are doing a great job clearing the higher maps. They are not as fast for clearing mobs as the flame golem version but they are great boss killers!
I have to do some more testing (guardians/shaper) but so far the damage against bosses seems better then the flame golem version.

One downside is that your chaos golems aren't elemental golems. This means they will take elemental damage even if you have the "liege of the primordial" keystone.
However at lvl 21 my chaos golems rarely die. And if GGG ever nerfs the keystone you won't be effected with this build.

For auras i use: Haste and Discipline.
Currently i don't use a curse. Temporal chains would be nice if i can somehow fit it in.

My flame golem is linked with: Greater multiple projectiles, Controlled destruction and Spell Echo.
He does ok damage against regular mobs.

My Lightning golem is likes with: Culling strike, Item rarity, Blind.
He will cull and support you with some MF.

My Gear:
Spoiler

Note: The Gull actually works pretty well with this build since mobs keeps dying from a degen effect.
If they do, they will spawn a shrine because the kill will be credited to you.

Skill tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQDuBAcEswj0C2ENfBFQFm8YVho4GyUc3B1PIvQkqij6Kk0s6S2oNZI1uTbpOlg64TwtPydBh0ZxSbFKyEuuTLNSKVXGVeBXyVhaWfNfsGZUZp5oWGh0aPJqQ2vbbAttGW6qbztvnnIPcql4DXvDfRh_xoLHgwmDX4PMg9uExYazidiKr4x2jxqQEZBVkyeUb5u1oS-iAKPvplenK6yqr2yxkLQMtfK3Mbc-uJO-gL6KwBrAVMHFxPbGrspKytPQH9P71AfXltfP2L3ZW9pi3I3fiuNq6QLquuyK74jv6_Af8kX5N_no-tL-Cg==

Bandits:
Spoiler
Oak,skill point, skill point

Flasks:
Spoiler

Ascendancy
Spoiler
Liege of the Primordial. Nothing else is needed. Perfect build for lab haters ;)

I will update the build later with some more info and screenshots of my defences.

Last bumped on May 8, 2017, 10:52:31 PM
Update:

Killed all the guardians and shaper with this build.
The chaos golems do more damage then flame golems BUT the flame golem AOE is much better.
Chaos golems are slower in clearing the map but the boss goes down faster.

I found a claw that i could sell for 10 ex so i decided to go a bit overboard with this build.
I took poison out of my 6l and added empower lvl 4.
I took out 1 clayshaper and replaced it with "United in Dream"
I replaced the haste aura with the envy aura.

This is overkill and not needed. Only do this if you have exalts to spare.

I'm done with the build for now. Next league i might try to go with stone golems.
Last edited by ThorWulf on Mar 30, 2017, 7:30:56 AM
Cheers for the build! I have been thinking of ways to make chaos golems more interesting and I guess using the chest to 7-link them is pretty nifty. I guess the downside is that you can't go CI with it

It makes sense though, this is probably a better build for killing Uber Atziri compared to Flame golems due to their elemental immunity not really helping them aside from the atziri fight any way.
hi!
with united in dreams you have 5 or 6 golems ?
Wow pretty nice I always though Chaos Golems look badass. Anyway, do you have any videos doing end game content that you can post? Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info