Energy From Within

"
Turbodevil wrote:
Where do ppl stick this jewel anyway? The socket next to Conduit? For 21% ES? Seems like a waste of passive points.

Melding.
Last edited by krenderke on Mar 23, 2017, 11:34:56 AM
Excatly my point. Melding - the worst ES related notable there is.

Without energy from within, you are better off picking literally any other ES cluster.

If you use energy from within, the gain from using that jewel is 21% inc es tops. Rare jewel will easily give you 11% and additional stats. So you have to sacrifice additional jewel stats and pick up the worst ES cluster for whooping gain of 10% ES. It's only 'viable' when you pick all the other, better ES notables you have easy access to, still are desperate from moar ES and pick Melding. And if you do that, you basically swim in %inc ES so is another 10% gain any meaningful difference to you? Wouldn't literally anything be better at this point? Like: dropping melding, using socket for something better and picking some notables with intelligence and spell damage or whatever?
Not a signature.
Not everyone likes to screw around with shitty rare jewels, I rarely pick up jewel sockets on my trees, and even then only because it is 1 point reach or I want to slam in a unique jewel.

Melding is the most efficient ES cluster on the tree if you convert it.
Last edited by krenderke on Mar 23, 2017, 12:02:28 PM
If you're already on the highway, Melding offers 8% Increased ES per point, which is pretty great.
We need more rare uniqes in general, prices on average has gone down so much it's so rare to get a unique that pays more then 1c these days. It's a good thing to have some items to work for, these days making currency is alot easier then it was before.

However having some build enabeling unique jewels being alot rarer then other is just stupid, they should have the same rarity. Most is just vendor trash, even though people play them while others is so rare that you probably wont ever see them drop.

Mind over matter is not build enabeling, it's just a bonus, so i don't mind it being rare.

But obvious the drop rate has been nerved by alot.
Hi every1, i droped 1 last weekend on lvling my 1st char. Thinking hmm a mayb few chaos good, did check poe.trade and saw the price didn't believe it! Well posted it for 2ex cos need some currency for start and in mayb 1 hr was sold, didn't believe I've sold it so fast for 2ex lol, last league I've been happy to get few chaos for it.. LOL GL&HF
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
Why does everyone say melding is the best cluster? I get that's it's nice b/c the es in itself is pretty good, but shouldn't the best cluster actually be the blood drinker area combined with nullification? Blood drinker is useful b/c it provides a way to get life leech which is good in itself. 20% from those 3 nodes, then 5% from nullification comes to 25%. Two of those nodes would be required anyway for leech. If it doesn't reach nullification, then I may be wrong. Taking void barrier also gets elemental resistance, faster recharge and more evasin.
it does reach nulification, I use 2 of these jewels on my ci claw cyclone shadow, one in melding and one to get blood drinker as described.
"
KOrchann wrote:
Hi every1, i droped 1 last weekend on lvling my 1st char. Thinking hmm a mayb few chaos good, did check poe.trade and saw the price didn't believe it! Well posted it for 2ex cos need some currency for start and in mayb 1 hr was sold, didn't believe I've sold it so fast for 2ex lol, last league I've been happy to get few chaos for it.. LOL GL&HF

Hey, same thing here almost. I was planning on using the jewel but then priced it and decided to use the mana one instead since I was playing a guardian. Losing like 50-100 es for 179 chaos was definitely worth it.
Energy from Within has 3 optimal jewel socket locations.

The best one is Melding as people have pointed out which converts to 40% ES from Melding Cluster alone.

The next one is the Socket north of the Witch converting Heart and Soul and Cruel Preparation which gives 36% ES

The third and optimal spot is the Jewel Socket Right of the Shadow Area allocating on Blood Drinker and Nullification which gives 25% ES.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info