please change the "lawn mower meta"

Chris said in an interview this is the direction they want the game to move on. They are happy with the state that you get off work, go home and play game to chill and relax. Some aspect of game would be challenging that you need pay attention like high end bosses, but they don't want it to be stressful and that you have to pay attention to every mob pack.
Part of it reflects in essence and breach mechanics where you have to click on them to activate unlike invasion where you have to be careful always cause invasion boss can jump at you randomly.
Nothing stops you from playing a slow paced build on maps rolled with 80% increased monster life.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
nowaday even the poorest build with enough optimizations will be a lawnmower : 0.5 second per pack means 0.25 as/cast and 10K damage per aoe. Most packs dont have more than 20K hp.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Just farm uber atziri without doubledipping.

You have to lure monsters 1by1, then kite around bosses for hours, making every flask charge use meaningful, it is also frustrating and unrewarding, might as well just farm everything else with an unlinked skill, because that's exactly the pace you would have experienced 2-3 years ago on a 5link.
Sounds like you should try the HC league :)
While Lawnmowers also exist there, they are much much harder to attain and much rarer to see.
"
Ludvator wrote:
Or the guy with main skill in basically 2L (and ofc poor life and resists) struggling in T5 maps?
You know what the real problem is? that my templar with 2.3k/1.2k life/es have zero troubles clearing t5-t6 with 4L. And even if I removed 2 supports he'd still have 2x/3x MORE damage than my best build in 1.3. Powercreep is just through the roof.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Nick42 wrote:
This is one of the reasons I often choose magic find builds.

That sounds rather fun, actually. Are the returns big enough that it warrents a playstyle like that?
"
Ludvator wrote:
Sometimes it goes out great, sometimes not that really fun or strong as expected :)

And sometimes both better and worse. Case in point, I've been playing some regen MoM fire caster - flame golem - raging spirits hybrid this league, and the problem is the best fire spell I can fit in there is Magma Orb, and now that we don't have to use multiprojectile gem on it anymore the thing hits like a friggin dump truck even non-crit.

The result is my minions don't have anything to do, MoM is making me tanky enough to skip on meatshield and I don't need their dps anymore. I've also killed myself on reflect rares more times than I'm honestly comfortable with because I haven't expected to push the kind of dps that can kill me with 8k combined pool and now can't fit any defense against it in a finished build. So I've ultimately switched to fireball, there, powercreep forced me to use an inferior skill which goes directly against my finely honed arpg instincts.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 24, 2017, 7:46:25 AM
PLS GOD NO!!!

I hate the time where you need 3groundslam attacks to kill a pack of 3minions and grind the boss down with your heavystrike setup. There was a reason why I leaved the game back in the days... beside /oos sync problem the gameplay was boring as fuck and the loot in the hour was nearly zero so you haveto do the chaos recipe to get the currency some day for a upgrade..

edit:
IMO is one of the reason why poe is now so big. Fixed the desync problem and the boring diablo1 playstyle.
--- TEMPUS FUGIT ---
Last edited by derbund666 on Mar 24, 2017, 9:31:29 AM
"
derbund666 wrote:
PLS GOD NO!!!

Don't worry, it ain't slowing down anytime soon, you probably noticed that whenever they nerf something they buff five other things to compensate.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info