Muting has gone too far?

Yup, got muted because I was stupid enough to have global on, and see Americans complaining about races, and how it affects their lifes. In a way it didnt make sense.

So i basicly told them to shut up, and this is why blacks, and non straight people are taking their jobs (or something like that).

Still no idea why i got muted.

The only problem is, one cant party without pm's, and thats it. Now I have guild, so we can talk without [Removed by Support] checking what are we thinking, and if its fine for their agenda or not.

As Polish person, after so many years of Germans/Russians trying censure and basicly delete our own views, we are strongly for freedom of speech.

People from west will never truly understand. Easy life = commie believes.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Mar 22, 2017, 3:02:41 PM
Personally I think that a well known offender, should get a "3 strike you are out" rule, by that I mean, if you keep getting muted for spam, offensive comments ect, if you reach a certain threshold like for example 128 hours, you would get a warning msg that this is you first strike, 2 more and you get perma muted.

taking strong actions against people thinking its ok to be a d!ck on chat is the way GGG should go, imo.

I'm sure that doing so would reduce the amount of harassment and shit talk on global.

Also this would ofcourse be account wide so whichever char you are on it will counts.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Hates toucans: joins toucan central ok makes sense
Gets triggered by politics: joins global politics 1 ok makes total sense
Etc,then proceeds to mass report ppl cause muh offence like seriously the ppl reporting should be the ones banned.
Like if you cant stand all these things and are offended and triggered by everything then why in godsname join global 1?
Plz for you own sanity stay away,and let the ppl meme and "offend" in peace whitout being banned for ridiculous amounts of time.
And no i dont give 2 fucks that this isn't a populair opinion, but i am getting sick and tired of ppl like the op and others get banned for insane amounts of time.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
You dont get muted for beeing "a dick". You get muted just because.

I remember one of my first mutes. It was something like that:
- bla bla bla, why people cant say [Removed by Support].

I asked
- [Removed by Support]

Mute.

5 people laughting their ass off on global. I asked mod why i got muted, english is not my first language. And nothing. I had few mutes for no reason like this. There was a time when I thought mods are just bots. Had even mute for calling [Removed by Support], or black guy, black. I have no fkcin idea whats the "good way" of calling them. Not every fckin black person in the worls is african-american, or from africa.

Just by writing this i got mad.

It was few years a go i think. Back when my english was alot more retarded than is now.

Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Mar 22, 2017, 3:20:29 PM
"
jackof8lades wrote:
Etc,then proceeds to mass report ppl cause muh offence like seriously the ppl reporting should be the ones banned.
Like if you cant stand all these things and are offended and triggered by everything then why in godsname join global 1?
Plz for you own sanity stay away,and let the ppl meme and "offend" in peace whitout being banned for ridiculous amounts of time.
And no i dont give 2 fucks that this isn't a populair opinion, but i am getting sick and tired of ppl like the op and others get banned for insane amounts of time.

I've never seen anyone muted who didn't deserve it though. It's really not hard: Don't say racist/hate speech stuff and don't spam. If that's too hard for you maybe you should be the one to get out of global chat. Obviously the mods agree because that's how they chose to moderate instead of giving a warning before entering specific chat channels. You're free to spam and say racist things in your own external voice/chat programs.
Go [Removed by Support] somewhere else mr Antifa.

Just because someone is conservative, he needs to get shut down? Soon youll get ban/mute for saying that family is mom + dad + kid, and there are only two genders.

Its like when Trump won in America and every commie was suprised how it did happen. Guess punching people who were open with their believes and torturing them, didnt make people say out loud what do they think.

K im done. Its like talking to the wall, moderators style.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Mar 22, 2017, 3:13:45 PM
"
jackof8lades wrote:

Who are you to tell people which chat they can and cannot join??

I've been playing this game since mid 2012. I've only ever had a single 5 minute mute and that was for giving away an item and asking people to guess the number.

I'm one of those people that chat in G1, because that's where there are going to be people. There are times I turn it off, especially when trying to kill a hard boss.

I don't care about the politics and religion talk. That's normal and sometimes people get heated. But the spam is beyond that.

I'm one of those people that reports every single toucan and spam.

Why? Because I'm not 12.

Toucans, flashbangs, and other spam is meant to be disruptive and troll. If it were up to me, 3rd toucan and you are muted for life.

It's simple really. Don't be a dick in chat. You will not get muted.
"
fryderyknicze wrote:
I remember one of my first mutes. It was something like that:
- bla bla bla, why people cant say [Removed by Support]

I asked
- [Removed by Support]

Mute.

I have noticed a trend when it comes to certain mutes, and that is what i call "Trigger words"; Racist/anti-LGBT words, and "extreme" swear words like [Removed by Support] tend to be a secure mute if you write it uncensored, no matter what the context is.
As an example, a year ago i called myself a [Removed by Support] for whatever reason, and ended up getting muted.
And likewise, as your own experience shows, just being curious what word people are refering to when its one of the trigger words can get you muted, and often people in global chats will try to bait people into saying those words, knowing all this.

A problem here, is that some people don't see the harshness of these words and have incorporated them in their casual vocabulary, without intending the use of their global meaning. Just like the word "cuck" has been bastardized to become an empty insult you fling at people without it providing any meaning, some people use other, more hurtful words in the same manner.
Now, one could say "how have they not realized its a bad word?", but some communities don't see these words as bad; As some may know, for an example, friends in Australia sling the word [Removed by Support] around as if they're calling eachother "dude" or "bro", but here in path of exile you'll get muted for stating it once.

"
Cyzax wrote:
Going from 15 minute to 128 hour ban time is 10(!) infractions. I think that the OP has quite amply demonstrated that (s)he does not have the capability to function civilly in a non-private chat room.

I'll just quickly mention here that i never mentioned that i stated any infractions; i merely used myself as an example where it can start off from, and to which ends it can end up as.

I would also like for this discussion to stay calm and healthy, without insults to anyones person, so if you folks would kindly keep this civil, that would be lovely :)
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Mar 22, 2017, 3:17:43 PM
"
fryderyknicze wrote:
Go [Removed by Support] somewhere else mr Antifa.

Just because someone is conservative, he needs to get shut down? Soon youll get ban/mute for saying that family is mom + dad + kid, and there are only two genders.

Its like when Trump won in America and every commie was suprised how it did happen. Guess punching people who were open with their believes and torturing them, didnt make people say out loud what do they think.

K im done. Its like talking to the wall, moderators style.

Who said anything about censoring political speech or views? Saying racist or offensive things to provoke people is just a shit thing to do, not political. Same goes for saying homophobic things or other derogatory comments. There's no point unless you're just being a shit person and trying to antagonize people for no reason. It seems like you're trying to get at that too with your example. The family thing is not "conservative," it's just factually inaccurate. The gender thing is another factual statement without context. I would expect those to not get you muted without context but if you're trying to be derogatory towards gay or transgender people that's probably a different case. I think you just get warned at first anyway since I've said something that apparently upset someone and got a message warning me about it instead of a mute.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Mar 22, 2017, 3:21:28 PM
"
ewolow wrote:
Who are you to tell people which chat they can and cannot join??...

...Toucans, flashbangs, and other spam is meant to be disruptive and troll. If it were up to me, 3rd toucan and you are muted for life.

I'll fully agree with you that no chat is/should be limited to a certain focus group; There is no "warning" upon joining any chat that certain people act in a particular way in it, and no matter how "infamous" a global chat may be, people still have the option of joining it, and complaining about the general demeanor. Why? Because freedom of speech goes both ways.
Large scale spam like you mentioned are indeed subjects of muting i have no qualms with being without a mute-time limit, since it is fully intentional at all times, and only for the disruption of others; i however am not a fan of permanent muting due to the investment some people add to their account.
Sure, they could just not have done it, but people can have a phase of stupidity wherein they do these trolly acts, which they'll regret when they're done with the phase, and being permamuted could remove their interest in the game.

Silencing these idiots for good may sound appealing, but do remember, that while they may behave like assholes, behind it all they're still a person who just wants to enjoy the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info