Tone down Malachai

The final fight of Act 4 shouldn't be the hardest because you can't fight due to a graphically intense fight that causes most older graphic cards to stall. It should be the hardest based on mechanics with a learning curve to help players along their play through of the game. As it stands even the final fight between Shaper doesn't come anywhere close to stalling the graphic card as bad as the Malachai fight.

Most of Malachai's mechanics can't be avoided due to the overplay on a poor choice of overwhelming graphics that do little to add any flavor to fight, but only act to hinder older graphic cards.
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2017, 12:26:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The last part of Act 4 is my absolute least favorite. I have to reconfigure my build to get my chaos resist up or figure out how to flash the whole time. And it's just not fun. Same with that stupid Piety battle. I once did it as a group and we are all playing ring around the rosy and we run around her in mass. It was just plain stupid.

You don't have to do things like this for the Dom battle, just about any build can take on that.
"
You don't have to do things like this for the Dom battle, just about any build can take on that.

Hmm...? The Piety battle in Act 4 isn't really hard. Dominus phase 2 is actually a straight gear check because you have to face tank him, he isn't dealing that much damage, but still either you win or you lose, not much to do about it. Piety can be done with pretty much any build just avoid the beam.

And my PC at least handles Malachai better than Dominus.
If you are playing on an old video card, Malachai is nothing lag-wise compared to Shavronne. The lag from her graphics is far worse.

However, there is a bug/flaw with Malachai that I've complained about before, but it's still there: his Tentacle Portal animation is not preloaded for some reason. So when you meet him for the first time in the current session, the game client freezes when he uses that attack for the first time and loads that animation. And if your system is slow enough, you can die while that is going on.
"
Emphasy wrote:
"

Hmm...? The Piety battle in Act 4 isn't really hard. Dominus phase 2 is actually a straight gear check because you have to face tank him

This is a common misconception. You can stand outside his melee range and then move into the bubble when the rain starts. The damage doesn't begin very high and cleanses instantly when you touch the bubble, all while getting to keep out of range of his attacks. It's just a lot of people think you have to stand next to him all the time.
Malachai is a 100% mechanics based fight...
U MAD?
And he was already nerfed like 4 times lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I suspect I'm alone in this, but I hate fighting Kaom more than Malachai. Malachai is a straight mechanical fight with a lot of attacks - He covers a lot of the arena but his attacks are slow and you can generally dodge if you know what you're doing. Kaom just vomits attacks all over the arena, then throws SRS in to boot.
If anything he needs a buff... the first few times facing him was a blast when act 4 released.. but now he is kind of a joke. The mechanics are alright but if you don't really have to dodge them, then it doesn't really mean anything.

I don't think the op is asking for a buff or a nerf to Malachai mechanics, he's asking for a nerf to the visuals during the fight to improve computer performance, so he can actually deal with the mechanics instead of dealing with tech issues. Once upon a time people used to have the same issue with Vaal (back when he was the final boss). Since then performance issues have vastly improved and it isn't an issue with him anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info