So... I just picked up again after about 9 months hiatus

I just reached level 80 on my Shadow (assassin spec atm) and getting used to how things are now. It's quite a bit different, actually a LOT different, and I pretty much only have an iota of a clue what's going on and how to deal with it, a.k.a. my gear is shit and my skill tree probably makes no sense. I'm sitting at about 3450 HP with 434 unbuffed ES, my resistances are OK but I still die on higher level maps and such.

I'm wondering what kind of advice I can pick up from more experienced players, should I join a guild? How should I go about gearing? What kind of spec should I follow? Any dank gameplay advice? I know it's all about preference but I need something fun that has a lot of DPS once the gear happens.

My old build was a Spectral Throw CoC arctic breath build, which worked pretty well but I was squishy as fuck. Right now I'm using Blade Flurry with AOE modifiers and +ele damage. You guys can see all that in my profile though.

If you could let me know what looks awkward / wrong, and how I should go about fixing my char to actually do damage that'd probably be super helpful ;P

Thanks
Last edited by ContraOmnes on Mar 21, 2017, 4:36:36 AM
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2017, 2:59:45 PM
bump
Your chars aren't public, but here are some quick pointers:

- Don't play melee
- Get more life
- Actually, screw life, stack ES instead
- Don't play melee
- Get more crit chance/multi and leech
- Get more ES
- Don't play melee

Also, look up the recent AoE changes, you may want to stack less AoE nowadays.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Your chars aren't public, but here are some quick pointers:

- Don't play melee
- Get more life
- Actually, screw life, stack ES instead
- Don't play melee
- Get more crit chance/multi and leech
- Get more ES
- Don't play melee

Also, look up the recent AoE changes, you may want to stack less AoE nowadays.

I picked up a nice bow the other day. Maybe I'll switch to ranged.

I think I just made my character public, I guess the default was to hide the tab? Weird
Last edited by ContraOmnes on Mar 21, 2017, 5:17:39 PM
bump... still looking for help... I switched to a ranged spec to try it out and I'm not sure I'm a fan. It's mostly due to lack of good gear and not really knowing how to allocate skill points effectively, and I switched from Assassin to Trickster so that cut out a lot of DPS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info