what made the inflation?

last time before i left fusings was around 80s per 1ex but after checking it today its now 250

what made fusings a dog shit value?
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Mar 21, 2017 12:54:03 AM
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2017 10:24:57 PM
What league? It is 180 on sc.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
sc, its 250 when buying... god i should have turned in my earnings back before i took a break from the game

still, thats more than doubled than what it used to be
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Mar 21, 2017 1:16:32 AM
They were 40:1 back in 2013.

Main reason is that crafting currency loses value over time as socketed/linked equipment floods the Standard market.

Currency value in leagues are affected by this as well since the rates will always gravitate towards the Standard pricing as the league progresses.
i guess i was a fool thinking that PoEs currency is good solution to inflation because it will always have some sort of value due to it being used for "crafting", compare that to other games that gold is simply just gold and its value goes down the higher the number it gets

i guess i was wrong, it didnt stop it, it just slowed down the inevitable

it feels like im 3 times poorer than i was back then

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Mar 21, 2017 7:24:12 AM
Pretty much in a new league, as soon as people get vorici lvl'ed enough, fuse value goes down bigtime - not so strange, given the power of the crafting table when compared to the potentials of RNG :)

More people with lvl'ed vorici, less fuse value, extrapolate ad nauseum - it's not much different with jewelers, those just deprecate immediately as the crafting table functions that compete with jewelers are earlier accessible.
yes, but like i said in this game currency has a purpose and this one is for making 6 links

so what gives? everyone already has a six link or what??

-Path of Exile
Much easier to get 6-links in the game now.
[2.6] Not So Immortal - view-thread/1840702
Assassination Service Stream - /view-thread/1083796
PermaStun Guide: - /view-thread/1350901
Crit/Block Gladiator - /view-thread/1612701
When I started playing with Perandus a year ago, Exalts were 67c. Now they rarely go below 80.

You could buy an exalt for 50 fus back in the day? Like, holy shit.
"
Completed 40 ChallengesXfing wrote:
When I started playing with Perandus a year ago, Exalts were 67c. Now they rarely go below 80.

You could buy an exalt for 50 fus back in the day? Like, holy shit.

Yeah I recall saving up for a 6L Voll's Protector back in the day.
I did this by buying alterations and just doing the vorici trade. Every 2 days I could trade for 1 exalt for 40-42 fusings.

Kinda makes me sad now that the chest I spent 30 ex on is now worth 3 ex but I don't think I would ever sell that chest as it holds the memory of grinding away for my first ever 6 link.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info