what made the inflation?

last time before i left fusings was around 80s per 1ex but after checking it today its now 250

what made fusings a dog shit value?
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Mar 21, 2017, 12:54:03 AM
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2017, 10:24:57 PM
What league? It is 180 on sc.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
sc, its 250 when buying... god i should have turned in my earnings back before i took a break from the game

still, thats more than doubled than what it used to be
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Mar 21, 2017, 1:16:32 AM
i guess i was a fool thinking that PoEs currency is good solution to inflation because it will always have some sort of value due to it being used for "crafting", compare that to other games that gold is simply just gold and its value goes down the higher the number it gets

i guess i was wrong, it didnt stop it, it just slowed down the inevitable

it feels like im 3 times poorer than i was back then

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Mar 21, 2017, 7:24:12 AM
Pretty much in a new league, as soon as people get vorici lvl'ed enough, fuse value goes down bigtime - not so strange, given the power of the crafting table when compared to the potentials of RNG :)

More people with lvl'ed vorici, less fuse value, extrapolate ad nauseum - it's not much different with jewelers, those just deprecate immediately as the crafting table functions that compete with jewelers are earlier accessible.
yes, but like i said in this game currency has a purpose and this one is for making 6 links

so what gives? everyone already has a six link or what??

-Path of Exile
Much easier to get 6-links in the game now.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
When I started playing with Perandus a year ago, Exalts were 67c. Now they rarely go below 80.

You could buy an exalt for 50 fus back in the day? Like, holy shit.
"
Xfing wrote:
When I started playing with Perandus a year ago, Exalts were 67c. Now they rarely go below 80.

You could buy an exalt for 50 fus back in the day? Like, holy shit.

Yeah I recall saving up for a 6L Voll's Protector back in the day.
I did this by buying alterations and just doing the vorici trade. Every 2 days I could trade for 1 exalt for 40-42 fusings.

Kinda makes me sad now that the chest I spent 30 ex on is now worth 3 ex but I don't think I would ever sell that chest as it holds the memory of grinding away for my first ever 6 link.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
IMOthe real reason is the clear speed meta.

originally the accepted play style was to run with a culler picking up chrome items and rare items to make chaos recipes this slowed down mapping a bit and also drove up the supply of things like chaos and chrome orbs

but this drove down the availability of currency you normally get as drops .. like jeweler orbs , regrets , scours , blessed , fuse and ofc exalt.

what changed was the clear speed meta shifted things toward only picking up very specific things.

and what was the number one thing included in that list? 6 socket items. 6 socket items raw currency of a value at or over an alch , the rare good unique and some good craft bases is all you pick up (also maps).

So since 6 socket items are one of the few things left in the game you are supposed to pick up.. the supply of jeweler orbs and by extension fusing orbs has skyrocketed

where as chaos orbs went down and exa remained about the same.

Ironically the clear speed meta has made the chaos recipe a pretty good deterministic way of farming large amounts of fusing orbs ... which means lots of chances to make 6ls.. just because not many high end players bother with even that any more

as for why exa are so expensive now.. id wager because they were undervalued in the past kind of like how blessed orbs are worthless despite being pretty rare.

now with things like the 5 -20% es mod on jewelry being around any ci build worth its salt is going to be using at minimum 3 - 6 just trying to roll a good % es mod on jewelery.. and considering the number of ci builds and the meta.. that is a fuckload of demand for exa
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 22, 2017, 1:26:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info