[2.6] Ngamahu Molten strike / Cyclone combo | Fast Clearing | Deathless Shaper and t16s! | Videos

"
So for the past few days I've been working on an idea that makes sense because I enjoy CI. It will probably be slightly less effective than a Life based Raider version, but not by much.

At work so here's a very quick mockup. I know it's a lot of points but /shrug just subtract damage nodes until the higher levels
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAQcSIACBr-sB0aJA9PihIsSilwYZisM6Kjgi6tsaEHu-OvVLwQDndG1stUjrYxEvNj1VhaXLKwpd8g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_60NBfauwYLL8V14auVmPBxYhCHdlDVPRxf8aTJ76KytO0DGwLIvRtGRFQNbmnKx1P2VsbJUuu6QLqug18NAo3Ziympus3g1fJBfkV8PljVP695qOK7g5W-nfXFHWkwhjbdPGPYG8nmmoj0yFgQKBeE-9OYVKGYCyFWhoirzhTduc6UjJ-DjwUcfjr6hj3MnzZ891oZfsJ9toaj0a302-bJt1GY6cRgX8r_W5-3Xj5jblfcINtPL7Y1RcmeoTQrUHQAAAAAAA=

I understand my leech wont be like a Zerkers. That's what the zerker is based upon, but with some leech from the tree and Warlords mark running, I'll leech just fine with Vaal pact.

I'll have around 12k ES and I'll be able to run Warlords and Flammability in a Heretics Veil and a Discipline all off my mana.

It probably needs a few tweaks and this tree is going from memory rather than the one I've spent more time on at home (remember I'm at work atm), but I'd like to get your thoughts on it anyway.

Cyclone will be run in a 6 link thanks to using a Vaal Regalia instead of a Kaoms and I'm positive the 6L Molten Strike in Ngamahu's will be enough DPS for all bosses.

What do you think @69wanted69 and @krilox ?

Bear in mind this isn't about being better, it's more about it being viable and along the lines of what I like. Def not trying to overthrow anyones build here.

EDIT: Oh yes. I've got like a 20 exalt budget to play with if that matters.

I've modified your tree to make more efficiency. ok
1.why did you take faster start of es recharge when you rely on leech?
2.why did you take so many inefficient es nodes?
3.did you just travel down to rt so you can have 100% hit chance when you couldve just throw so acc on gear since you have so much dex already(nearly 400 dex), that is so inefficient when you can just pick up a 3point acc node and have 90% hit chance.
4.iron grip on a less than 200str build, really dude?(read what it does, i dont even?)
5. there are some unnecessary nodes you took which made no sense (not even needed to connect the tree)
6.hf getting a 5 0ff-color regalia.(not impossible, i spent 10k chrome getting a 6 off regalia)
idk about viable, since es>life right now, but i dont really like it without 100% leech
About stun resis, what are your options? no chayula since xoph's blood, you gimp yourself to be stuck on the crappy unique ring called valyrium(spoiler it doesnt actually stop you from getting stunned)
on cyclone you will be immune to stun, but on molten strike you're still gonna get stunned.
More viable? im not sure. (even if you say to get enchant on boots im still not sold, that enchant is used for kill recently which is mostly on trash clear(cyclone take care of that already).
Last edited by 69wanted69 on Apr 3, 2017, 10:19:46 PM
"
69wanted69 wrote:
"
So for the past few days I've been working on an idea that makes sense because I enjoy CI. It will probably be slightly less effective than a Life based Raider version, but not by much.

At work so here's a very quick mockup. I know it's a lot of points but /shrug just subtract damage nodes until the higher levels
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAQcSIACBr-sB0aJA9PihIsSilwYZisM6Kjgi6tsaEHu-OvVLwQDndG1stUjrYxEvNj1VhaXLKwpd8g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_60NBfauwYLL8V14auVmPBxYhCHdlDVPRxf8aTJ76KytO0DGwLIvRtGRFQNbmnKx1P2VsbJUuu6QLqug18NAo3Ziympus3g1fJBfkV8PljVP695qOK7g5W-nfXFHWkwhjbdPGPYG8nmmoj0yFgQKBeE-9OYVKGYCyFWhoirzhTduc6UjJ-DjwUcfjr6hj3MnzZ891oZfsJ9toaj0a302-bJt1GY6cRgX8r_W5-3Xj5jblfcINtPL7Y1RcmeoTQrUHQAAAAAAA=

I understand my leech wont be like a Zerkers. That's what the zerker is based upon, but with some leech from the tree and Warlords mark running, I'll leech just fine with Vaal pact.

I'll have around 12k ES and I'll be able to run Warlords and Flammability in a Heretics Veil and a Discipline all off my mana.

It probably needs a few tweaks and this tree is going from memory rather than the one I've spent more time on at home (remember I'm at work atm), but I'd like to get your thoughts on it anyway.

Cyclone will be run in a 6 link thanks to using a Vaal Regalia instead of a Kaoms and I'm positive the 6L Molten Strike in Ngamahu's will be enough DPS for all bosses.

What do you think @69wanted69 and @krilox ?

Bear in mind this isn't about being better, it's more about it being viable and along the lines of what I like. Def not trying to overthrow anyones build here.

EDIT: Oh yes. I've got like a 20 exalt budget to play with if that matters.

I've modified your tree to make more efficiency. ok
1.why did you take faster start of es recharge when you rely on leech?
2.why did you take so many inefficient es nodes?
3.did you just travel down to rt so you can have 100% hit chance when you couldve just throw so acc on gear since you have so much dex already(nearly 400 dex), that is so inefficient when you can just pick up a 3point acc node and have 90% hit chance.
4.iron grip on a less than 200str build, really dude?(read what it does, i dont even?)
5. there are some unnecessary nodes you took which made no sense (not even needed to connect the tree)
6.hf getting a 5 0ff-color regalia.(not impossible, i spent 10k chrome getting a 6 off regalia)
idk about viable, since es>life right now, but i dont really like it without 100% leech
About stun resis, what are your options? no chayula since xoph's blood, you gimp yourself to be stuck on the crappy unique ring called valyrium(spoiler it doesnt actually stop you from getting stunned)
on cyclone you will be immune to stun, but on molten strike you're still gonna get stunned.
More viable? im not sure. (even if you say to get enchant on boots im still not sold, that enchant is used for kill recently which is mostly on trash clear(cyclone take care of that already).

All very good points and I thank you for writing them out. I will try to answer them.

Everything regarding the tree: This was just off the top of my head from what I had played around with at home last night and by no means a finished product. As you said, you changed many things and some things were very inefficient and I thank you for this feedback, because I knew it needed work on it.

6. I'm not worried about getting 5 off color regalia as I have a bucketload of chroms already to play with. If we're discussing whether it's 'worth it' or not, then the entire build probably isnt but is something I would like to do and make it as good as it can be for my personal use. So I have no problems spending a lot of chroms on it.

For Stun resist I am not worried because I will use a Kiaras flask. It's kind of overkill since it does immune to freeze and chill, and while phasing I'm already immune to status ailments, but it will provide the stun immunity. If it gets too much, I can add a Valyrium ring. 12k ES is still a lot, so I think combined with Kiaras it should cover the times that I am not cycloning.

EDIT: Looking at that tree I see that you removed the ability to use the Molten Strike jewels. Without having 40 str in radius we lose like 4 balls. I'm sure that's a huge DPS loss.
Last edited by RinsBiggestFan on Apr 3, 2017, 11:20:30 PM

"
EDIT: Looking at that tree I see that you removed the ability to use the Molten Strike jewels. Without having 40 str in radius we lose like 4 balls. I'm sure that's a huge DPS loss.

yea i dont think es is doable with that, you waste way too much point if you try to go es.
molten with gmp confirmed
I disagree. You're almost right.

If we change the tree slightly, and lose one frenzy charge (we still have 7) we can get both of the jewels in like so and keep the rest of the tree the same.

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAP0SIAB8r-sB0aJA9PihIsSilwYZisM6Kjgi6tsaEHu-Om1stUjrYxEvKwpd8g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_60NBfauwYLL8V14auVmN_xpMnvorK07QMbAsi9G0ZEVA1uacr2VsbJUuu6QLqug18NAo3ZiymBfkV8PljVP695qOK7g5W-nfXFHWkwhjbdPGPYG8nmmoj0yFgLIVaGvsJ9toaj38r_W5-3Xj5jbmhLw-rFr8ki--I-TfXz0mxpus3g3C7oqNRdBqBppmexKa-VEeMNsMzQzHawS5T02-E76kneHqplITZAdx346luwBpvO19wg208vtjVFyZ6hNCtQdAAAAAAAA==

We only lose a little bit of damage, and we more than make up for it with the damage from the extra support instead of GMP and the 4 increased fire damage from the jewels and the axe nodes we get. And woo, bonus weapon range too.

I really like the tree you made. This really excites me. I can't wait to get home and get started.
Last edited by RinsBiggestFan on Apr 4, 2017, 2:07:32 AM
"
I disagree. You're almost right.

If we change the tree slightly, and lose one frenzy charge (we still have 7) we can get both of the jewels in like so and keep the rest of the tree the same.

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAP0SIAB8r-sB0aJA9PihIsSilwYZisM6Kjgi6tsaEHu-Om1stUjrYxEvKwpd8g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_60NBfauwYLL8V14auVmN_xpMnvorK07QMbAsi9G0ZEVA1uacr2VsbJUuu6QLqug18NAo3ZiymBfkV8PljVP695qOK7g5W-nfXFHWkwhjbdPGPYG8nmmoj0yFgLIVaGvsJ9toaj38r_W5-3Xj5jbmhLw-rFr8ki--I-TfXz0mxpus3g3C7oqNRdBqBppmexKa-VEeMNsMzQzHawS5T02-E76kneHqplITZAdx346luwBpvO19wg208vtjVFyZ6hNCtQdAAAAAAAA==

We only lose a little bit of damage, and we more than make up for it with the damage from the extra support instead of GMP and the 4 increased fire damage from the jewels and the axe nodes we get. And woo, bonus weapon range too.

I really like the tree you made. This really excites me. I can't wait to get home and get started.

that works too, grab destroyer while you're at it

i think this is doable, while still keeping es at 200%+, throw energy from within in the jewel socket and you should be fine.
Last edited by 69wanted69 on Apr 4, 2017, 2:26:31 AM
Hello, at first nice build, playing with it 2nd day and loving it, so far did highest T15 with no problems, really enjoying it, at moment running 7980 life, ture got 1 jewel slot still Open, looking for GGG jewel to socket it, attack speed, life and some damage nodes. I just dont like one thing in build, it is a bit risky/bad to run Uber lab, because these traps do pretty heavy damage, anu suggestions on running lab or something? This is my gear i currently use. On the passive tree i decided to take RT and did not take Elemental Overload.
Sorry for my bad english! have a nice day.

Gear
Gear

EDIT: Added spoiler for gear.
Working to get +3 Projectiles to Molten Strike.

Grinding Gear Games rock.Path of Exile isn't dying.
Last edited by Timmy91 on Apr 4, 2017, 4:22:45 AM
Hello. "Molten Strike does 94k damage (Fully buffed with flasks), hurls 10 projectiles per attack, and has 6.22 attacks per second, where many overlap."

I have a question. Why 10 projectiles? 3 from molten skill + 2 from wildfire + 2 from wildfire = 7
"
Aquazed wrote:
Hello. "Molten Strike does 94k damage (Fully buffed with flasks), hurls 10 projectiles per attack, and has 6.22 attacks per second, where many overlap."

I have a question. Why 10 projectiles? 3 from molten skill + 2 from wildfire + 2 from wildfire = 7

The axe itself can spawn the same balls, 3 per attack.
"
Aquazed wrote:

You missed +3 from Helmet Enchant.
"
Timmy91 wrote:
Hello, at first nice build, playing with it 2nd day and loving it, so far did highest T15 with no problems, really enjoying it, at moment running 7980 life, ture got 1 jewel slot still Open, looking for GGG jewel to socket it, attack speed, life and some damage nodes. I just dont like one thing in build, it is a bit risky/bad to run Uber lab, because these traps do pretty heavy damage, anu suggestions on running lab or something? This is my gear i currently use. On the passive tree i decided to take RT and did not take Elemental Overload.
Sorry for my bad english! have a nice day.

Gear
Gear

EDIT: Added spoiler for gear.
Working to get +3 Projectiles to Molten Strike.

HI can you or someone share their passive tree for rt? I'm at like 6.5k life lv 85 how did u ret 7.9k life lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info