[2.6] Ngamahu Molten strike / Cyclone combo | Fast Clearing | Deathless Shaper and t16s! | Videos

*** Work in Progress == Changes made as of 27.03 ***

Been a while since I've shared a build, so i figured I'd show you the Molten Strike/Cyclone hybrid I've been playing around with the last days and had a blast with.

I really like cycloning with Ngamahu's Flame, but i felt the single target damage was lacking, so I merged it with Molten strike. MS being in a great spot now with the new threshold jewels really melts content, and synergises well with the axe.

So far I've done all content deathless, except for Uber atziri where i died twice.
I've recorded a Hydra and Phoenix run so far and I'll add Shaper + other content runs if requested.

*Added an IIQ version - and a Shaped strand video with 111% iiq before Bisco's collar and Divination :)

Disclaimer: I've recently slapped it together, it's still WIP, and I'm sure there is room for improvements! =)

========================================================================================

Recent adjustments

I've started using
Instead of a rare amulet (thanks 69wanted69!). The clear speed is much better, the single target is somewhat better as well.

Rare ammy is still a viable and cheaper alternative, that gives potential resistances, enables sin's rebirth and promise, and adds a bit more life!

Regardless, i now prefer Xoph's due to the smoother gameplay =)

The mechanics behind it

I've condensed the Cyclone proc and Molten Strike gems in the 6linked axe, since MS and Cyclone already utilize 4 of the same support gems. The cyclone itself is in 4-linked insanity gloves. The combo has enough dps to easily clear t16's and do great single target damage, in addition to freeing up the chest slot, enabling us to use Kaom's Heart.

Molten Strike does 94k damage (Fully buffed with flasks), hurls 10 projectiles per attack, and has 6.22 attacks per second, where many overlap.

Hideout with HoA and Flame golem only: 37010 dps Molten Strike
Added flasks: 58027 dps Molten strike
Fully buffed in map with flasks: 124230 dps Molten strike

In addition, I've 75% fire penetration now in total, so you can add x1.65 to that.
Concentrated effect is not taken in the equation either, as it only affects the projectiles themselves (and reducing the AoE helps overlap better).

This is also before Flammability, as the % more increase varies with the fire pen on the mob.

Pros/Cons

Pros

* Tanky! 8k hp is realistically achievable. Combined with VP and Cloaked in Savagery, you're very hard to kill while attacking.
* Not very expensive for the basics, can start out as a regular Nga cycloner and grind the currency to 6l it and buy Kaom's Heart. Only the axe is required really.
* Can kill Shaper/Uber atziri etc very reliably.
* Clears very fast.
* High single target dps.
* Zerker master race. (Cloaked in Savagery <3)
* No double dipping!

Cons
* Getting all the flasks, while not necessary, increases the damage quite a bit, and they can be expensive.
* Even though it's tanky, it's still melee.
* Elemental reflect will hurt without flasks.
* Can only use 3 jewels tops (5 total, two of them being Wildfire)

Quick Stats

- 7820 hp
- 36212 damage molten strike in HO, 174k fully buffed with flasks and curse.
- 9302 average damage Molten Burst (Axe proc)
- 57% Fire penetration
- Chance to hit: 88%
- Movement speed = 77% (97% with onslaught, which is up most of the time)

Bandits and Ascendancy

Zerker master race:

Ascendancy: Pain reaver - Cloaked in Savagery -> Crave the Slaughter -> Ascept of Carnage.
Bandits: Oak -> Kraityn -> Passive (40 hp, 8% ias, passive

Gem links/Auras

6-linked Ngahamu's Flame: Molten strike - WED - PPAD - Conf effect - Multistrike - Fire pen
Drop Fire Penetration in a 5link, note I havent tried a 5linked Molten strike yet, but it should still be great dps.

Insanity gloves: Cyclone - Inc AoE - Faster attacks - Fortify <- This will proc the Axe.

Rest is up to you, my setup is:

Boots: Blasphemy - Flammability - Summon Ice Golem - Ancestral Warcheif (trying it out to boost the single target even more)

Helm: Blood Rage - Herald of Ash - Vaal Cyclone - Faster attacks. I'd highly recommend at least trying out Vaal Cyclone, it's alot of fun!

As for auras, I'm running Blapshemy + Flammability and Herald of Ash.

My Gear

Jewels

We'll be using two of the new Molten strike threshold jewels; Wildfire.
As for the rare jewels, we'll want Attack Speed and Increased maximum life.

Mine arent optimal, but they get the job done:

Note: I'm using Punishment in the videos, which turned out unreliable, flammability will ensure more consistent damage, will redo them when i can. Add 25% or so more damage to most of the situations in the videos.

Videos

Shaper Run

Slower than usual run, and one very avoidable death, i'll upload a new one when i get more sets. :)
https://youtu.be/pe3OKIObvpc

Shaped Strand with 110%+ IIQ

https://youtu.be/gmbDFdRsG4M
4ish minutes run with a breach inbetween.

Shaper kill

IIQ Gear

A special thanks to my guildies Beefalo and Gnada for great help tinkering on the build!
Last edited by krilox on Mar 28, 2017, 2:43:45 PM
Last bumped on Dec 27, 2017, 2:44:26 PM
Added a Hydra and Shaper run, only to realize Punishment isnt very reliable, as it only procs when mobs hit -you-. So much for reading comprehension. The next runs should be faster :)
Last edited by krilox on Mar 21, 2017, 3:06:59 PM
I think I will try, this seems to be a nice build, thanks for share...
Added a Phoenix run, did Gorge in under 2 minutes as well, will add more videos and update with a few tweaks soon.
Hi, it's really nice builde (it's awsome)) can you tell me about Ascendancy Classes and Bandits in this build (ps sorry for bad english)
"
iceberg12311 wrote:
Hi, it's really nice builde (it's awsome)) can you tell me about Ascendancy Classes and Bandits in this build (ps sorry for bad english)

Thanks!

Bandits: Oak -> Kraityn -> Passive (40 hp, 8% ias, passive)

Ascendancy: Pain reaver - Cloaked in Savagery -> Crave the Slaughter -> Ascept of Carnage.

I'll add it to the top =)

Last edited by krilox on Mar 21, 2017, 3:49:48 PM
Could you add some leveling tips? like what gear to pick and weapons?
"
Svettvatten wrote:
Could you add some leveling tips? like what gear to pick and weapons?

Working on it =) Leveling, and gearing up towards a 6linked Ngamahu's Flame and Kaom's Heart will be pretty smooth, as a 6-socket Ngamahu is enough for most content already!
Trying out your build, and I love it. :)

But I wonder if I can use Xoph's blood Amber Amulet? or is that bad for some reason, that im missing.
"
Bzorek wrote:
Trying out your build, and I love it. :)

But I wonder if I can use Xoph's blood Amber Amulet? or is that bad for some reason, that im missing.

Great! =)

I've tried Xoph's blood, and its certanly an option, Ash + the fire pen bumps the damage up quite a bit, but avatar of fire also disables Sin's rebirth and Atziri's promise flasks, and gives less life + some necessary resists i need at the moment.

I've started using Dying sun for clearing, and its great, so that might replace one of the flasks anyway, I'll give xophs an another run when i've balanced the resists. :)
Last edited by krilox on Mar 21, 2017, 6:05:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info