dell

News add, First Kill Xop , Tull and Esh and 0 blesing or any good unnic

IGN: FluttershyYay
Last edited by Demedim on Mar 24, 2017, 12:19:26 AM
"
widardd wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
If they increased the drop rate of currency, you'd have the exact same complaint because the currency would be worth less. If they made it so every 45 hour, there'd be millions more exalts and other currencies floating around. It wouldn't change anything. What you really want is them to change the droprate for you but nobody else. Otherwise it is pointless.

I found 1 exalt all last league. I've already found two this league. I bet you don't complain when you're on the other side of the rng curve and get luckier than average.

This.

OP ask one of your parents to explain (or translate?) this post to you.

Maybe you should ask your parents to explain that post to you, specifically why that post doesn't make much sense. You see, inflation with fiat currency works bit like that (not really, inflation is actually the initial response to suddenly increasing demand (after which supply might also expand due to competition. But given that most of macroeconomics is pure garbage, I'll forgive for people not knowing the concept. After all, the purpose to study macroeconomics is to not be deceived by macroeconomists (a modified quote from Joan Robinson).

Having millions more exalts and other currencies floating around would pretty much result into far better incentives to craft gear. And that would mean a lot more of good crafted gear. Lot more 6l gear. And that would also mean that general purpose uniques (such as Belly of The Beast) would be of far less value as well. That would also mean that CI builds would be far more common.

There would be stellar implications for increasing the rate of which currency flows in. The crucial part here (even from the POV of standard macroeconomics) is that all currency has other uses as well. Fiat money doesn't have much other uses except that you can burn it or maybe use it for insulation in some extreme situations. In economic terms that would apply to real life, this would be equivalent to food magically dropping on your dinner table out of nowhere. That would devalue food, sure, but it would have lot of implications and actually lot of people (who are not involved with food industry) would be pretty happy about it. Also obesity would probably become pandemic.

So try to think next time before you're being witty.
Last edited by Mellowautomata on Mar 22, 2017, 8:39:35 AM
"

OP isn't looking for 5c uniques like Belly of the Beast or trying to get currency for crafting, he's looking for the most expensive and valueable items.

And that's his dilemma. He's looking for that stuff because it is hard to get and therefore valuable, if it wasn't hard to get it wouldn't have that value and he wouldn't be interested.

I wasn't trying to be witty, look at his posts again, I may have been rude but it is my impression that he's either extremely young or unable to communicate in english.

To the point where I am certain no one is be able to get something across.
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Mar 22, 2017, 10:25:27 AM
"
widardd wrote:
"

OP isn't looking for 5c uniques like Belly of the Beast or trying to get currency for crafting, he's looking for the most expensive and valueable items.

And that's his dilemma. He's looking for that stuff because it is hard to get and therefore valuable, if it wasn't hard to get it wouldn't have that value and he wouldn't be interested.

I wasn't trying to be witty, look at his posts again, I may have been rude but it is my impression that he's either extremely young or unable to communicate in english.

To the point where I am certain no one is be able to get something across.

OP has not said anything about his/her goals apart from farming currency. That's the goal of pretty much anyone who doesn't have an endgame build and wants to participate in endgame. Don't make weird assumptions like that. And your attempt "to get something across" was terrible, since it relied on economic concept that doesn't hold in this game even as a terrible generalization (unlike in the real world). If we'd get 10x as many fuses as we do right now, getting 5l or 6l would never be an issue. In fact, it would cost an exalt or two through Vorici craft (depending on whenever ALL sources of fuses are affected or just plain fuse dropss, i.e. Lucky Connections).

If you really wanted to get across a point, you'd rather talk about how this is the nature of RNG games. Or if you wanted to be helpful, you'd explain that farming exalts and rarest divination cards out there isn't exactly reliable or sensible in the first place.
Been playing for about a week. It was pretty rough for the first 3 days, I even made a post about it in the General Help and Discussion forum to ask if there were Loot Drop Nerfs.

Turns out it was just bad RNG and me being somewhat rusty. It happens. In the last 2 days ive found, 3 exalts, a cospris will, 2 tabulas, abyssus, witchfire brew, and a couple of other things. Ive also made at least 3 ex in random other currency.

The first 3 days I wasn't really using the leaguestones as efficiently as I should have because I was on my first character and he wasn't really geared properly, so I forced myself to try to run more of the leaugestones, regardless of the danger, and it ended up paying off.

Ive done some research over my years playing this game, so anyone having trouble, heres some tips:

Legacy League:
Run all 3 League Stone Slots, every time. My preferred Combo in order of importance:
1. Breach (Most Important)
2. Perandus(2nd Most Important)
3. Ambush(3rd)
4. Talisman(4th)
5. Prophecy(4th)
6. Domination(5th)

All the Others I dont really care about, and a combination of these 6 is pretty sustainable

The Idea is to try to have as many mobs as possible. More Mobs = More Drops

General Tips:
1. Alch your maps, The higher the rarity, quantity, pack size, the better.
2. Stop re-rolling your characters. (I used to do this a lot, its very inefficient. The longer you play on maps, and higher maps, the better, this is where money is made)
3. Speed. This is Speed Meta. The faster you can clear through maps the better. This also works better for the leagues that spawn lots of monsters, which is essentially what were going for with the aforementioned combinations.
4. Dont pick everything up, learn whats valuable, get a filter.(I cannot stress this enough, this is huge. The more time you spend dicking around with worthless items to get a few alt shards, the less time you have to smash monsters faces in.)
5. Speed run maps in chunks. Grab 4 maps, designate a dump tab. Run each map as fast as possible. Only come back with 1 inventory full of loot after each map, dump it into the tab, start the next map. Rinse and repeat till all 4 are done. then go identify all your items in your dump tab and sell them as needed.
6. Dont worry about the chaos recipe. Once you get to mid-high level maps, the time you spend trying to put a set together actually takes longer than if you just speed run maps. Also the rares at that level leave you with a regal, not a chaos, so you cant do it anyway.
7. Stop wasting money on small upgrades. Yes if its your first character and you're trying to cap your resists then spending a little to make your self map viable is worth it, but after this, you should be saving for large upgrades. Just this league I put together my character for 1 chaos per item and was easily able to cap resists and make him map viable. So basically map viable characters can come at a price of 10c.

Anyway, I hope that helps some of you, I know a lot of this information helped me start to understand how to make the most efficient use of my time. Now I dont have currency issues and my friends consider me the rich person.
Last edited by TenTonBlue on Mar 23, 2017, 4:10:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info