Economy breaking bug unfixed for many days - What should happen?

"
I SAW IT ON STREAM U HAS 10 MIRRORS

I don't stream ;_;

Stahp it or I release the meteors
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
CaoMengde wrote:
a blame for a glitch is on the devs, not the players,

"Like, I swear, the bank just left the safe open. It's not my fault they left it open, I just walked in and stole all the money. But blame the bank, not me!"
just so you know, you could reproduce the bug and not even know it exists

in fact, once I think it happened to me as I could've sworn my stones weren't consumed. but I didn't bother to test it.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:

"Like, I swear, the bank just left the safe open. It's not my fault they left it open, I just walked in and stole all the money. But blame the bank, not me!"

As it so happens, bank robberies:
  • Are against law
  • Cause direct loss of wealth from a victom

Yet as far as I can tell, glitch exploits
  • Are not against the Terms of Use
  • Do not cause the direct loss of any wealth from any party

Feel free to prove me wrong though? And don't say "oh, the prices get changed around," because GGG loves a free market economy and prices change all the time in a free market economy.

I scanned through the Terms of Use btw, and the closest we get is this passage:

Spoiler
Restrictions: Under no circumstances, without the prior written approval of Grinding Gear Games, may you:

(a) Adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, publish or create derivative works from any part of the Website, Materials or Services other than in accordance with the Licence.

(b) Modify or adapt (including through third parties and third party tools) the game client or its data, other than in the normal course of POE gameplay as permitted in accordance with the Licence.

(c) Utilise any automated software or ‘bots’ in relation to your access or use of the Website, Materials or Services.

(d) Knowingly perform any actions that may cause the computers used to support the Website, Materials and Services (the “Servers”) to become overloaded or crash.

(e) Connect to the Servers through any software other than the authorised game client software.

(f) Use any data gathering and extraction tools or software to extract information from the Website or utilize framing techniques to enclose any of the contents of the Website.

(g) Use any meta tags or other hidden text which incorporate Grinding Gear Games’ name or any of its intellectual property including trade marks.

(h) Perform in-game services during your use of the Website, Materials or Services for any form of compensation outside of POE.

Which mentions nothing about bug exploits or anything similar :|
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Mar 20, 2017, 5:10:19 PM
ya this is pretty shitty when your one of the thousands of users that cant get a key drop. I really wonder if the average person with a lvl 90 will ever be disappointed by a turd unique. Meanwhile lucky aholes got to exploit this to get basically whatever they want.

So ya...#banhammerparty

Last edited by DuckYourHead321 on Mar 20, 2017, 5:11:23 PM
"
adghar wrote:
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:

As it so happens, bank robberies:
  • Are against law
  • Cause direct loss of wealth from a victom

Yet as far as I can tell, glitch exploits
  • Are not against the Terms of Use
  • Do not cause the direct loss of any wealth from any party

Feel free to prove me wrong though? And don't say "oh, the prices get changed around," because GGG loves a free market economy and prices change all the time in a free market economy.

I scanned through the Terms of Use btw, and the closest we get is this passage:

Spoiler
Restrictions: Under no circumstances, without the prior written approval of Grinding Gear Games, may you:

(a) Adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, publish or create derivative works from any part of the Website, Materials or Services other than in accordance with the Licence.

(b) Modify or adapt (including through third parties and third party tools) the game client or its data, other than in the normal course of POE gameplay as permitted in accordance with the Licence.

(c) Utilise any automated software or ‘bots’ in relation to your access or use of the Website, Materials or Services.

(d) Knowingly perform any actions that may cause the computers used to support the Website, Materials and Services (the “Servers”) to become overloaded or crash.

(e) Connect to the Servers through any software other than the authorised game client software.

(f) Use any data gathering and extraction tools or software to extract information from the Website or utilize framing techniques to enclose any of the contents of the Website.

(g) Use any meta tags or other hidden text which incorporate Grinding Gear Games’ name or any of its intellectual property including trade marks.

(h) Perform in-game services during your use of the Website, Materials or Services for any form of compensation outside of POE.

Which mentions nothing about bug exploits or anything similar :|
abusing instance crash rollbacks is definitely bannable and against their tos
so how do people even discover this stuff in the first place? Beta testing?Data mining? Im not a coder or have any idea of the interworkings of a game such as this. How the hell does one just naturally come across stuff like this.

This kinda feels like we are all gerbils that get our daily coin to go get our daily food pellet. You, the fool, take your coin,get your pellet and you are done. This smart guy, he takes his coin and taps it on the wall, says a prayer to the prince of jupiter and boom he gets 3000 pellets..... feelsbadman

Last edited by DuckYourHead321 on Mar 20, 2017, 5:36:57 PM
Ban the worst offenders and public name and shame them.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Luckily, the true ethical players of SSF remain unaffected.

Spoiler
Apply salt if burned.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Why is it always people the least affected who cry the most about things like this?
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info