GGG said they dont want to make Mystery boxes better and threatened us

I would like to point out that neither of the things said in the title happened in the given quote.
Last edited by Bardharr on Mar 20, 2017, 4:15:37 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
I didn't see Chris' response as a threat, more like a surprised "do you really prefer more expensive boxes?"

sorry if i use the words by their definitions

1 n-var A threatto a person or thing is a danger that something unpleasant might happen to them.

So when the GGG dev answered " Its the current way or you will pay "MASSIVELY" more" its pretty much a threat by definition, paying "MASSIVELY MORE" being the unpleasant thing happening

Forget my previous comment trying to justify what you said.

Never again will try.You have issues.
Bye bye desync!
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

1 n-var A threatto a person or thing is a danger that something unpleasant might happen to them.

So when the GGG dev answered " Its the current way or you will pay "MASSIVELY" more" its pretty much a threat by definition, paying "MASSIVELY MORE" being the unpleasant thing happening

There's no danger in an offer...

"Would you like to buy a Shiny Toy for $199 or an Extra Shiny Toy for $299?"

"STOP THREATENING ME"
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
if they didnt have duplicates, i bet they could make the boxes CHEAPER!!!
because PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY BUY THEM!!!!!

SOOOOO many people have put off boxes because of the duplicates, i dont even consider it a possibility for me to buy one, fuck that dupe crap,

but also, the prices for ALL their mtx are ridiculous, you can buy like entirely different WHOLE GAME for those prices of one item....

they are ONLY chasing whales, which to me seems dumb, but okay....
iam not a whale, so iam not supposed to give you money, sounds fair to me!

Last edited by CaoMengde on Mar 20, 2017, 3:35:57 PM
"
Bardharr wrote:
I would like to point point out that neither of the things said in the title happened in the given quote.

But the clickbait!!

"
CaoMengde wrote:
but also, the prices for ALL their mtx are ridiculous, you can buy like entirely different WHOLE GAME for those prices of one item....

It's a free game and I've logged literally hundreds of hours in it. What other entertainment can be had for like, say, even a dollar per hour? I could spend $30-60 on another game and beat it in 6-8 hours. I like that the devs are actively working to fix bugs, generate new content, and improve the game. It has a ton of replay value (IMO).

Ultimately, I view the MTX as a donation to keep the servers running and the devs fed with a roof over their heads, and in exchange I get a shiny skin, pet, or effect as a thank you. If I want to *choose* the thank you gift, I don't gamble on a mystery box. If I'm feeling adventurous or impatient, I do. If I get a duplicate, I accept that it's an inherent risk of gambling.

It astounds me how many other games have a large sticker price and/or recurring monthly fee, and this one doesn't but people still feel entitled to more just for using their free service. :p
I didn't construe what he said as a threat. Not sure why someone would.
Censored.
I do wish we could have some sort of exchange system for unwanted MTX.
"
adghar wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

There's no danger in an offer...

Uh.. A threat can be an offer and an offer can be a threat

The offer is "STFU about duplicate mtx or pay MASSIVELY MORE"

both offers are quite unpleasant
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
both offers are quite unpleasant

I keep my friends at sword's length and enemies as close as the hilt.

Anyway, I don't really dig the concept of boxes myself but that's the way they have to work so I just don't buy them, problem solved.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 20, 2017, 6:39:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info