[2.6 LSC] CoC EK Facebreakers Hybrid Unarmed/Crit Shield Charge Assassin

Work
In
Progress

An ethical life build thats crit based using Facebreakers to Shield Charge and Cast on Crit the spell Etheral Knives with unethical poison, burn, and bleed featuring Ancestral Warchief Totem and the"of Blades" gloves enchant. The idea is to use facebreakers to their full potential (crit) with high mobility and good aoe/single target damage using as many tricks as possible.

Concept

This build is enabled by Rigwald's Curse Wereclaw Talisman Amulet, Facebreaker gloves and Lycosidae shield. With Rigwald's Curse, Assassin, and claw nodes from the tree I have 80% crit chance for Shield Charge + Diamond Flask (for some reason the Increased Crit Chance gem doesn't show up in tooltips). Cast on Crit and Ethereal Knives are linked to Shield Charge with Faster Attacks, Added Chaos, and Poison. Right now I've invested heavily into Facebreakers unarmed damage, especially with gear. The idea is to use shield charge's 200% more multiplier at max distance with high unarmed facebrekers damaged scaled even higher with crit then multiplied by poison, burn, and bleed. Etheral Knives is cast on crit with Ring of Blades which gives it the nova effect and is mainly to help clear speed. EK nova covers a large area with little investment even more so now considering the recent AOE nerfs. The "of Blades" Lab glove enchant gives a chaining physical projectile every so often. The enchant projectile has really long range and chains and it makes for a nice bonus. Rallying Cry is used for the damage and mana regen to make shield charging easier. I like the Flame Golem for more generic damage but any one can be used. I use Vulnerability on Blasphemy, Blood Rage for Frenzy charges and Vaal Lighting Trap to further scale the damage and dots. The claw nodes on the tree provide generous life and mana leech so we can reserve most of our mana and leech off Shield Charging. Currently I'm using Hearld of Ash, Vulnerability on Blasphemy, and Arctic Armor and mana isnt an issue. Probably the strongest part of this build is that all this has amazing synergy with Ancestral Warchief Totem which peaks at 160k dps in a 4 Link at Level 80.

Current Gear (WIP)

Abyssus can be substituted for

Tree (WIP)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAO4BCQceB5kN0Q5IEJIRlhUgFf0WvxmKGY4ZtBvIIuomlSoLKk0s6S2DMgEyMjWSNj064T8nR35JE0lRSshLCkyOTeNVS1WFWfBd8mHiYqxjQ2VNaoxsjG1sbqpvV3BSdf14GXvDfXWC5IRvhKKExYTZhrOJ04ngiq-MNo2BkBGSgJMfk5CVLpcGmhebtZ2qotmly6ZXqTSw2LIZtMW1SLXyt9m42bvjvG-9Nr6nwaDDOsSiyBTPes_d037YvdmG3UjjhOZY53To1u968NXxivJF9W_2o_4K_o_-ug==?accountName=p0t&characterName=ShesNotMyCousin

Pros vs Cons

Pros
Fast clearing (shield charge + CoC)
Great single target & AoE
No mana issues
Hits can't be evaded
Synergy especially in scaling
Mostly cheap uniques
Many upgrades/variations due to multiple types of scaling
Can cheese content with totems
Unethical use of poison dipping and shield charge speed

VS

Cons
Life Based/Squishy
Physical Reflect hurts
Not enough gem slots/links
Mandatory uniques for unarmed facebreakers damage can limit diversity in gearing choices
Poison/bleed/burn immune or the map mod with % chance to avoid sucks, as does hexproof
Unethical use of poison dipping and shield charge speed

Variants

Phase Run wasn't amazing when substituted for EK, but I will try everything again at higher levels. Bladefall AoE was tiny, and Blade Vortex didnt feel worth it compared to EK. Vaal spectral throw and Wither totem I will experiment with soon.

Id imagine you could try this setup on most classes, possibly to higher success. Occultist, Elementalist/Inquistor, Pathfinder, Slayer, Berserker . Anything CI/LL will probably feel better as the damage is high and sacrifices can be made to flat damage providing uniques and compensated for with other ascendancy classes.

Video Examples
After I level.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Last edited by p0t on Mar 23, 2017, 9:02:10 PM
Last bumped on Apr 14, 2017, 1:52:04 AM
cocek
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
I am following this build for a character, and looking at the tree I notice so far (following your tree) I use 38 points to pick up %HP, totaling %125 percent so far. I did some theorycrafting and noticed that with a respec, those 38 tree points could pick you up %216 percent ES instead with Chaos Immunity on Chaos Innoculation. Your damage wouldnt suffer, and your survivability goes up substantially with better ES scaling. Guess the real question is if you dislike the CI meta and opted for squishy HP nodes instead.
Facebreakers damage is highly contingent on items like Abyssus and meginord's girdle. That's why it's run as a life build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info