[2.6] Chonkeyy's CI KB Wander | 212/220k KB/Barrage DPS | 9-11k ES | 69% Penetration ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

CHONKEYY'S CI Wander guide for patch 2.6

About 3 leagues ago I started playing Phys/Ele Wander for my Pathfinder in Standard and found out it worked really well as it can clear all content in the game. Unfortunately, recent patches put a severe disadvantage to high phys damage builds vs general mapping: ridiculously high HP bosses and map mods for example, this gives more incentive to go full elemental and stack both multiplier and penetration for a much higher base damage. So here's the build I came up with to offset these new challenges this patch had to offer.

Pros:
- Insane clear speed and single target burst DPS
- 69% Lightning Penetration w/o Lightning Penetration Gem
- Not affected by the AoE nerfs from 2.6
- 9.6 to 11k ES AND 75% Block with Rumi's Flask
- Fully utilizes Vinktar's Flask (legacy or non-legacy)
- Can do almost ALL map mods
- Relatively Cheap to gear

Cons:
- GOOD FLASK MANAGEMENT SKILLS ARE NECESSARY on bossfights.
- You would wish flask macros are legal after a prolonged period of playing

OFFENCE AND DEFENSE STATS:

BARRAGE 6L
Auras Only

Auras AND Flasks Active

Scrolled down~

KINETIC BLAST 4L
Auras Only

Auras AND Flasks Active

DEFENSE
In Hideout

GEAR

MY GEAR

MAIN FLASKS

SITUATIONAL FLASKS

PASSIVE TREE - 121 POINTS LVL 99/100
121 points if level 100 AND took Cruel Kraityn*

BANDITS
POINT - POINT - ALIRA

JEWELS

Mix up the jewel mods for damage/attack speed and %ES, and if needed, STR as well.

Gear Explanation: + ALTERNATIVES
Side Note: Most of my gears are RECYCLED, the Physical affixes there are totally not needed and does not benefit the build at a significant level (including the physical leech on amulet and crown of eyes).

Examples:

WAND: For the Wand slot, its a very easy choice as the only mods you need on a wand are Flat Lightning Damage AND Critical Strike Chance, basically you can get away with something as simple as a magic wand on this slot. Increased Elemental Damage with Weapons, Spell Damage and Flat Cold Damage (in that order) are the next order of priority affixes to look out for.
PS: Rare/Magic Wands with crit chance and flat lightning damage ARE BETTER than Piscator's. Also with Flat Cold Damage you can skip Herald of Ice and just use Herald of Thunder for that added lightning damage.

Examples:

HELM AND SHIELD: Crown of eyes is a great helm for CI attackers, but for a pure elemental build, even though you only benefit from the accuracy, ES and spell damage to attack damage modifier it is still BiS for this build. The shield only further supports the unique mod of CoE, try and look for shields that have spell damage and about 350+ ES. Block chance is a nice addition as well.

Ideal enchantments for your Crown of eyes is any Kinetic Blast/Barrage buff.

Example:

ARMOUR: Standard issue Vaal Regalia or a high ES armor including Atziri's Splendour is the obvious choice here. only 4 off-colours are needed here so no drama on the colouring whatsoever.

Example:

BELT: The BiS belt you can use for this build is definitely a Crystal Belt followed by Heavy Belt in case the need for STR is called for. The following affixes are in order of priority: Reduced Flask Charges Used, Weapon Elemental Damage, Resists/ES.

Example:

GLOVES: For the gloves there are numerous choices that is entirely dependent on the player's preferences. If you want all around balance in DPS? Use Thunderfists or 90% Facebreakers. Need a boost to 11k ES? Use a rare high ES Sorcerer's Glove. Clunky crit chance? There's Maligaro's Virtuosity. Have a look around and try out all of the types of gloves to test whichever suits or fill in the weaker gaps we have in our gears.

Although Elemental Weakness on Hit here is very desirable. I highly recommend getting a glove with +1 level of gems corruption to house your Enlighten AND Empower gems + your auras, this makes it easier to reserve them on mana without firing blanks.

Example:

BOOTS: This part of the build carries the majority of the survivability work as well as your ONLY SOURCE OF POWER CHARGES. Gem sockets are scarce for Wanders as we run a 6L Barrage and a 4L Barrage on the same gear set, so having Skyforth is absolutely needed to get enough crit chance as well as to not die as easy because of stun. This also helps a lot in creating room for the 3rd aura for this build.

Examples:

For the RINGS, this is the order of priority of mods in a ring that you want to look for:

1. WEAPON ELEMENTAL DAMAGE/FLAT LIGHTNING DAMAGE
2. ACCURACY
3. OPEN PREFIX (FOR %ES)
4. RESISTS

Examples:

AMULET: For the amulet, ALWAYS prioritize DPS affixes over defensive ones on this slot, there is a huge DPS potential to be extracted from a well rolled amulet so DO NOT make your amulet a more defensive item than it is offensive. Here is the order of priority for this slot:

1. WEAPON ELEMENTAL DAMAGE/FLAT LIGHTNING DAMAGE
2. CRIT MULTIPLIER
3. ACCURACY
4. SPELL DAMAGE
5. CRIT CHANCE
6. OPEN PREFIX (for ES%)
7. RESISTS

DEALING WITH REFLECT

Reflect becomes a problem at this extreme amounts of base damage DPS, even though we have 45% instant lightning leech, map mods like -max resistances sometimes leave a mark on the ES pool, so to solve this, Rumi's Concoction is used.

Reflect cannot crit and can be blocked, therefore if the damage passes through the 75% block chance, the damage is highly mitigated by the high max resists of 84%.

LINKS, COMBOS AND AURAS

6L Barrage (Single Target) G - G - G - R - B - B

Elemental Focus - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added Lightning Damage - Slower Projectiles - Point Blank - Barrage

Why not Point Blank node?

- Simply because Point Blank node will also affect Kinetic Blast and I like to off-screen monsters as much as possible as I cannot afford to run Pierce on this general-cleaning 4L...It is also a number of points away from the general direction of my tree

4L Kinetic Blast (AoE/Clearing) G - G - R - B

Greater Multiple Projectiles - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added Lightning Damage - Kinetic Blast

Why Added Lightning Damage and not Slower Proj/Inc. Critical Damage/Pierce?

- Added Lightning Damage out-deepz all those gems.

Auras are Empowered Wrath AND Discipline + Herald of Ice OR Herald of Thunder

How to choose between Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder?

- If you have no source of cold damage to shatter enemies, use Herald of Ice. Shattering is very important as while you're mapping, its all fun and games till you get to a Vulnerability T15 map with exploding porcupines.

CWDT Immortal call + a curse of your choice.

VIDEOS

T16 Hydra Map Clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3D8YURPyN4

T16 Chimera Map Clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRHjTXjKRLU

T16 Minotaur Map <2 minute run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMlRsYJHY4Y

Shaper Kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ZG6D_PxfY

Uber Atziri Kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF8vlp8Yj-I&t

Thanks for your time and if you have any questions about the build feel free to message me in-game, my IGN is Chonkeyy and KamiQuesoHoundz.

Stay safe and keep breaking the game boyz!

Regards,

OJ8_Graz

Spoiler
MY BUILD STILL OP CHRIS, NEEDS MORE NERF
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Last edited by OJ8_Graz on Mar 27, 2017, 12:05:32 AM
Last bumped on Jun 4, 2017, 10:59:15 AM
Reserved.

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
after years, first time i see that you share your secrets. an important day in poe history. : )

GG guide
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Any way of this build works without skyforth ?

Can you give me a help here ? haha, poor guy
Hey another WanderFinder COE/ele build guide how original....

Where is the +2 barrage helm?
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
"
Rupenus wrote:
after years, first time i see that you share your secrets. an important day in poe history. : )

GG guide

Aye, cheers dude!

"
fieme wrote:
Any way of this build works without skyforth ?

There is, you can use Choir of the Storm and stack a LOT of lightning resist to gain more crit chance. ALthough you'd have to lose dps from losing a rare amulet, mana reserve% will take a hit as well, and you'd miss out on the stun threshold Skyforths give as a bonus.

"
philophil wrote:
Hey another WanderFinder COE/ele build guide how original....

Where is the +2 barrage helm?

Working on it, I'm fine with the 25% KB damage on this hat in the meantime.

what are your resist? and which penetration do you get from oak flask?

btw wands are in a very bad shape atm, i have your same dps using legacy windripper and crappy dps mf gear

i had like 30% with wands than with bows before 2,6 scaling the damage in the same exact way, now it's going to be 40-45% less dmg

good job
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Mar 19, 2017, 3:00:25 PM
sry dude but what u saying is pretty wrong is build is a ok build (all around good dmg/defense) for wander but far from being the best in therm of dmg. Even after the nerf wander are still very good. My LL wander still has over 400K on barrage after the nerf to base crit so u might want to rethink ur estimation.
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Last edited by philophil on Mar 19, 2017, 3:26:23 PM
"
what are your resist? and which penetration do you get from oak flask?

btw wands are in a very bad shape atm, i have your same dps using legacy windripper and crappy dps mf gear

i had like 30% with wands than with bows before 2,6 scaling the damage in the same exact way, now it's going to be 40-45% less dmg

good job

Thanks, I included the resist tab in the defenses I believe, but yea, Resists are all capped w/o flask and Lightning Resist is just slightly higher overcapped than everything else after flasks so generally it gets the 20% pen. bonus from Oak.

you should get point blank on the tree and remove the gem

i was oneshotting everything with KB-GMP-WED-IIQ gem in 2,5 with pointblank on the tree, so a 3link, in guardians maps

also on my windripper running wrath and herald of thunder with 7x 15% light dmg jewels, vinktar attack gives about 12-13% more final dps than penetration, it's expensive but it's worth it :D.
you have 70%spell dmg from shield, 40%spell dmg from wand and 35%wed from amulet more than me, so it could be even 15-16++% more dps since you have 130-140% WED more than me

i have 152k*10arrows dps with 62% penetration with vinktar up(90% of my dmg is light so it's like 2,2/2,3mil dps with mf gear), only using vinktar and dying sun as offensive flasks, not 3

btw there is ass mark curse on hit herald and blue nightmare jewel for charges, i use these 2, blue nightmare to get charges in hexproof maps
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Mar 20, 2017, 4:01:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info