Berserker Meatball Sprinkler

"
AgurBadur wrote:

Thank you for your feedback. I loaded up your path of building and mine and after some testing I was thoroughly disappointed because I can not get the dips numbers come anywhere near half a million that you have. I've spent quite a bit of time trying to figure where the most of your damage comes from but I am just not quite sure.

Thank you for posing your path of building link.

A lot of our damage comes from WED on gear. But even then, it's really interesting seeing just how much the Berserker ascendancy along with Elemental Focus overshadow Chieftain's ascendancy. I'll make a mention of this in the guide. I'm afraid guardians / shaper will prove difficult with this amount of damage.
Last edited by stormcrawler on Mar 22, 2017, 10:56:30 AM
"
Axesor wrote:
So I've spent quite a few hours theorycrafting in Path of Building and agree with trading damage for more survivability... however, instead of investing those points towards life, I tried investing in mana and Mind Over Matter. Found a really sick synergy for the build by using Shaper's Touch gloves and Geofri's Sanctuary. It may sound a bit weird, but Shaper's Touch gives us upwards of 3K mana(around 1K unreserved with auras and enlighten) and a crap ton of ES percent increase. Not to mention the fact that they greatly improve our lackluster accuracy. Paired with Geofri's Sanctuary we get around 3K ES to achieve an insane health pool on par with most CI builds. With all the uniques, it requires a bit of micro managing to deal with resists, but it's still very doable. The synergy with Shaper's Touch and Geofri's Sanctuary is just too cool to pass up. With this set up, I do believe it to be worth it to use Inertia jewels over rare GG jewels. One near Vaal Pact and the other to the top right of the duelist start. These two net around 180 strength which works super well with Shaper's Touch for more ES and Mana. Have yet to try this out in game and forsee some issues with being hybrid and have never gone hybrid with a build before, but I am really looking forward to it and I think it makes a lot of sense here. Leveling my character currently so I'll be back with more info on whether this is worthwhile.

It's a cool idea, I toyed with this myself but I found out that the idea halted the character in many ways.

The wording of MoM is tricky. In short, MoM does not work with ES, at all. If damage is not applied to life, your mana will not absorb it. This sucks, I know.

There's also the problem of maintaining both ES and HP pools, which you probably can't do with Vaal Pact. Having played a hybrid build before in essence league, I can't tell you enough just how difficult it is maintaining both health pools.

You could still make something like a crit inquisitor which tries to make the most out of Geofri's Sanctuary / ES. But you'd run into problems using molten strike and not having vaal pact. Using a skill like spectral throw could be good because it has a more passive playstyle, allowing you to regenerate your ES at times and then leeching your health pool back up. It will be difficult to find leech, however.

"
stormcrawler wrote:
"
AgurBadur wrote:

Thank you for your feedback. I loaded up your path of building and mine and after some testing I was thoroughly disappointed because I can not get the dips numbers come anywhere near half a million that you have. I've spent quite a bit of time trying to figure where the most of your damage comes from but I am just not quite sure.

Thank you for posing your path of building link.

A lot of our damage comes from WED on gear. But even then, it's really interesting seeing just how much the Berserker ascendancy along with Elemental Focus overshadow Chieftain's ascendancy. I'll make a mention of this in the guide. I'm afraid guardians / shaper will prove difficult with this amount of damage.

Thank you for taking a look at my path of building set up. After comparing the setups, I see now myself that gear gives quite a bit as well as the more modifiers from the following three sources: elemental focus, ascendancy and elemental overload.

After playing a bit more with the tree, I can say that the *resolute technique* investment seems to be comparable with the *elemental overload* although it seems that given enough gear accuracy (quite expensive) EO might squeeze out a bit more damage, resolute technique is much cheaper for a bit lower dips. I think you had a similar point in your guide.

Second damage source is the berserker ascendancy. I agree that its amazing how strong berserker is. But playing with the chieftan ascendancy it seems to lend itself to a much more comfortable gameplay with the absolutely insane life regen, combined with minimal life leech, feels similar to vaal pact. In addition berserker feels more defensive against regular monsters but perhaps not as tanky versus bosses. I think it lends to a better strength scaling. I think the most important here is the additional (significant) increase to ignite chance. I am going to look into the taming emberwake combo as a more reliable ignite chance with it's potential 3000% damage increase might overshadow zerker on the non-ignite boss variety. I am not sure if each attack can ignite or each magma ball. I would assume the former but if the latter then it sounds absolutely insane.

Lastly, elemental focus is super nice but again, I am wondering if the taming combo would work as I hope, and if yes, in that case faster attacks is a better option.

At least this is my justification for this ascendancy. Alternatively I need a lot of regret orbs :)
Last edited by AgurBadur on Mar 22, 2017, 12:17:27 PM
have a 91 cyclone but grinding is numbing, so started up this and went fighting.
did cruel lab 2khp and it was touch and go but it was a victory.
great fun as I had the sprinklers already
How rare is the Molten Strike projectiles enchant...
I feel that its pointless on a hubris and that's all I can really find them on looking at poe.trade.

I don't care for Devotos or rats nest for this build.. just the enchant.

i know lab enchants are weighted...but is this even worth farming lab for? If not, Im just going to use my dying sun and deal with the 2 projectiles. i got much better gear than what you have while you killed Shaper so I am not really concerned with the enchant but would like to go for it and finish off the build if its "easy" to acquire (RNG is RNG but you know what I mean).

My only concern about using my Dying sun is that the overlap might be affected by the inc. aoe from the flask use.

Any thoughts?
"
yongsoo wrote:
How rare is the Molten Strike projectiles enchant...
I feel that its pointless on a hubris and that's all I can really find them on looking at poe.trade.

I don't care for Devotos or rats nest for this build.. just the enchant.

i know lab enchants are weighted...but is this even worth farming lab for? If not, Im just going to use my dying sun and deal with the 2 projectiles. i got much better gear than what you have while you killed Shaper so I am not really concerned with the enchant but would like to go for it and finish off the build if its "easy" to acquire (RNG is RNG but you know what I mean).

My only concern about using my Dying sun is that the overlap might be affected by the inc. aoe from the flask use.

Any thoughts?

I wouldn't advice farming lab for any enchant because it could take you anywhere between one or a thousand runs to get it. You'd of course get a lot of valuable enchants in the meanwhile however.

Dying sun's AoE will affect the overlap yes and it's very hard to test this. The flask's use is mainly for easier clearing but for the moment I've decided it definitely has a place in the build and I'm not concerned with pushing the single-target damage any further.
"
skjutengris wrote:
have a 91 cyclone but grinding is numbing, so started up this and went fighting.
did cruel lab 2khp and it was touch and go but it was a victory.
great fun as I had the sprinklers already

Great! I'm happy to see you're trying out the build. Feel free to send me any messages in-game @RedLavaLamp
Can this build reliably farm Uber Lab? Looks like a lot of fun
Hey there !

Can you make a tree for different lvls so it will be easier to stay on track with the tree while lvling ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info