We are all agents of the Matrix

Like a freakin' savage.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
The egg is a lie and most probably a [Removed by Support].

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Mar 22, 2017, 7:18:54 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The only things we know with full certainty are the things we sense (hear, see, etc) — but not necessarily why we sense them — and deductive reasoning... and even then, remembering we knew such things can be a challenge. The whole of inductive reasoning — including the Matrix-challenged notion of "the world we perceive is real" — is rooted in faith.

Therefore, it is false that if you believe in morality, it happened because of your past that led you to believe in morality. It is widely considered epistemologically ethical to believe in a thing on the basis of evidence, and for good reason, but no evidence is technically required for belief. Each person's epistemological ethics are their own, and they could believe differently given the exact same inputs as another. It is choice, not determinism.
Determinism does say that everything that you are is a result of the past - it says that every action is a reaction to a previous action. That in itself refutes your bolded argument without needing to enter the mind boggling web of irrelevancy.
I'd say this is a mind-bogglingly stupid argument, but I don't believe it is actually an argument.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Right and wrong are not actually choices based on "personality", it is logical deductions of the world in the moment they are made, as such your current emotion plays a part in logically deducing what is right and wrong. Almost practically no one is able to walk the path and there comes a point they are limited to go beyond, but it is not because they follow logic and understanding, it is actually because they are slaves to their subconsciousness(emotions) which destructively interferes with logic by preventing you from having clarity. Pure logic is used to arrive at this understanding. Your so-called enlightenment is an attempt to throw away entire toolbox and solve all epistemological problems with a screwdriver. Why? In defense of your sacred cow, Determinism.
Logic is useful, but pure logic? Nonsense. The scientific method is not logic, it is inductive reasoning. "Pure logic" means no science. You're throwing out the whole toolbox to solve all epistemological problems with a screwdriver.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
My friend lived for 2 years in an apartment. He lives the life of an escapist, he gets lost in the night, listening to music, staying on computer and whatever he was doing to distract himself from the misery of life. He is a good guy, not trying to hurt anyone and very emphatic, the pain of other people's suffering can make him cry. Just trying to mind his own life.
Reading just this, my impression of your friend was that he's an evil person who can talk in a way that garners sympathy, but will only do right when his feet are put to the fire. I continued reading your story, and wasn't surprised in the slightest.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 21, 2017, 9:17:52 PM
Ahh don't worry, I blame you not for lashing out.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
That removed by support though.

No cake for nobody tonight!

Spoiler
throng but not thrive? Lul.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
...some of us more than others.
Video: How determinism is a tool for making people into sheep (in the middle of a rant on Islamic terrorism)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 23, 2017, 12:02:22 PM
His name is Stefan, that's gotta count for something.

Btw determinism doesn't make people into sheep money does. We are born with the shackles that enslave us and we call this 'society'. Determinism is just a philosophical way to describe this.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Mar 24, 2017, 12:03:36 AM
"
Manocean wrote:
For some reason this post reminds me of a line Charan probably wishes he had used earlier...
Spoiler
Silly rabbits, the Matrix is for kids.
Spoiler
I'm not quite sure why gayness reminds me of rabbits.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 24, 2017, 12:10:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info