[2.6 Legacy SC] PF CI Glasscanon Budget Elemental Wander

Very nice build. I can carry a whole team on T14 (with aurabot) using this.

Though without that +2 Barrage helm, my single-target damage will continue to suck for now.
Hey I was making an elemental wander myself and it seems I came up with a similar tree and thunderfist for kb, interesting idea using incandescent heart btw I'm going to give that a try for single target later.

I do have a question for you though. This is my wand, it has 200 edps, 267 dps total.

This is my piscators.

I'm getting almost 3k more dps with my rare wand. So either piscators has another element to it that I'm missing (outside the % pen) or a 200 edps wand is better than it? Only reason I'm asking is that I know that the tooltip doesn't tell the whole story for every weapon/skill.
"
Arruke wrote:
Hey I was making an elemental wander myself and it seems I came up with a similar tree and thunderfist for kb, interesting idea using incandescent heart btw I'm going to give that a try for single target later.

I do have a question for you though. This is my wand, it has 200 edps, 267 dps total.

This is my piscators.

I'm getting almost 3k more dps with my rare wand. So either piscators has another element to it that I'm missing (outside the % pen) or a 200 edps wand is better than it? Only reason I'm asking is that I know that the tooltip doesn't tell the whole story for every weapon/skill.

Have you tried checking the DPS with your various flasks up? Piscator's and Vinktar are best friends 4ever.

Also, if anyone could check my gear and see what upgrades I could make, that'd be swell. Damage is feeling a bit lacking in T8's.
Last edited by ScootaLewis on Apr 12, 2017, 2:30:49 PM
"
Arruke wrote:

This is my piscators.

You're actually right, at the time of my calculations I had worse gear and less %increased damage so Piscator's was outperforming most rare wands. Using Path of Building with my current character, I get those numbers for barrage (all projectiles) fully buffed :

Piscator's :
1,642,855.8 effective DPS
Your rare wand :
1,691,748.1 effective DPS

So your wand is 2.976% superior to a well rolled Piscator's lol

However, if you recraft that attack speed roll to 12%, it will give 1,747,414.8 DPS (6.364% superior to Piscator's)

For people out there who wants to use a rare wand, the WED roll is actually pretty substantial here because without it on that rare wand, it would be 1,645,119.3 DPS which is only 0.138% more damage than a Piscator's even with 12% attack speed roll.

For science, I made up an absolutely perfect 420.2edps mirrored wand divined to the max and got 2,133,858.1 DPS (29.887% more damage)

So yeah, a rare wand is ultimately better but are you ready to spend way more currency for 3%-6% more damage?

Your wand is pretty damn good, just recraft that ugly attack speed if you want to keep using it! ;)
"
ScootaLewis wrote:

Also, if anyone could check my gear and see what upgrades I could make, that'd be swell. Damage is feeling a bit lacking in T8's.

Ok so first of all, you're still missing half of your Ascendancy points at lvl 86?

Gear-wise, your rings give almost no damage, I would upgrade those first. Aim for 35%+ WED, 250+ accuracy and/or %attack speed with some flat added lightning damage. Removing my own rings, I lose like 30% of my damage if I remember well, so that's a pretty big deal.

I see you're not using Enlighten 3 nor the 4% reduced mana reserved Scion node, don't you have some mana problems? If not, then cool for you.

Also, I see so many people who skip the jewel slots in the tree, I have no idea why one would do that because they give like 3k dps each with the right rolls.

If your problem is with single target damage, then save for a +2 barrage hubris, they're around 3ex I think.
"
Austhern wrote:
"
Arruke wrote:

This is my piscators.

You're actually right, at the time of my calculations I had worse gear and less %increased damage so Piscator's was outperforming most rare wands. Using Path of Building with my current character, I get those numbers for barrage (all projectiles) fully buffed :

Piscator's :
1,642,855.8 effective DPS
Your rare wand :
1,691,748.1 effective DPS

So your wand is 2.976% superior to a well rolled Piscator's lol

However, if you recraft that attack speed roll to 12%, it will give 1,747,414.8 DPS (6.364% superior to Piscator's)

For people out there who wants to use a rare wand, the WED roll is actually pretty substantial here because without it on that rare wand, it would be 1,645,119.3 DPS which is only 0.138% more damage than a Piscator's even with 12% attack speed roll.

For science, I made up an absolutely perfect 420.2edps mirrored wand divined to the max and got 2,133,858.1 DPS (29.887% more damage)

So yeah, a rare wand is ultimately better but are you ready to spend way more currency for 3%-6% more damage?

Your wand is pretty damn good, just recraft that ugly attack speed if you want to keep using it! ;)

Alright thanks, I didn't run it through path of building or anything but just wanted to make sure. I planned on recrafting it when my tora hits 7 and I understand the wed roll is a pretty good chunk of the dps. I'm going to master craft a wand later after I upgrade all of my other gear now knowing someone else has killed shaper with a similar setup and similar dps wand, just need more accuracy and wed on rings. I'll give incandescent heart a try after I try guardians with a regular regalia first and let you know how it goes.

EDIT: BTW 2 proj barrage enchants are around 8ex right now on legacy standard, which is why I haven't got one yet. They were expensive last league as well but not quite this expensive, seems like there's less people running lab this league.
Last edited by Arruke on Apr 13, 2017, 2:35:09 AM
"
Arruke wrote:

EDIT: BTW 2 proj barrage enchants are around 8ex right now on legacy standard, which is why I haven't got one yet. They were expensive last league as well but not quite this expensive, seems like there's less people running lab this league.

Holy shit I didn't know the price went up so quickly :x
Just last week I was struggling to sell my old +2 Hubris for 3.5ex so I thought the price was still pretty stable. Guess I'll go run some labs and hope for fat profit.

At 8ex, I think it's better to get a Dying Sun first, they're around 400c atm and boost your clear speed too.
Last edited by Austhern on Apr 13, 2017, 12:05:36 PM
Heyho, first of all your build looks solid :)

I've never played CI or Pathfinder so far, so i have a couple questions:

As pathfinder with wise oak nearly up all the time, do i still have to cap my resistances with gear?
Also whats your opinion on chaos wander vs ele wander and witch (occulist) vs ranger (pathfinder/raider)?

Definitely gonna give this build a try ;)
IGN: Evelynn_Liogs or Kinetic_Arrow

GMT +2
I used Obliteration wand since 56 till 70. Pretty good. After 70 I changed into CI. Got only like 1.6k life till 70. It's really good at leveling even with a elemental build. Because while leveling it do all kind of chaos shit and blows things up too. Which is a really really nice clear speed.
Nothing will overcome your Fear !!!
"
sgoil wrote:
Heyho, first of all your build looks solid :)

I've never played CI or Pathfinder so far, so i have a couple questions:

As pathfinder with wise oak nearly up all the time, do i still have to cap my resistances with gear?
Also whats your opinion on chaos wander vs ele wander and witch (occulist) vs ranger (pathfinder/raider)?

Definitely gonna give this build a try ;)

Resistances
Theoretically, yes you can consider The Wise Oak's res as permanent and get less res from gear. That said, I wouldn't recommend doing this as a permanent setup because it can easily kill you if you don't pay attention. Also in long boss fights with no adds, you'll probably end up running out of charges. At the moment, I just bother reaching the standard 75% cap because Wise Oak takes care of the occasional Elemental weakness maps.

Chaos wander
I've seen Demigodking's Chaos wander, it looks great but I think that elemental is still superior especially now that we have a lot of ways to get elemental/lightning penetration.

You get insane leech from Vinktar's and a Vinktar's is much cheaper than a Sin's Rebirth (7ex). Gearing-wise, it is also a lot harder to get damage scaling for chaos damage than for elemental damage. Also, as a chaos wander, you are forced to either use a 6link for both barrage and KB (annoying gems swapping) like Demi's setup or use a +3.5% essence gloves for KB, while there is Thunderfist and +flat fire dmg essence gloves available for ele wanders. In the near future, poison double dipping is going to be removed, so this may have a negative impact on the single target of chaos wanders. So the only real advantage of chaos wander left is reflect immunity, which is not that big of a deal nowadays.

Occultist
About Occultist, she gives more survivability with the extra energy shield and regen on kill and the free power charge generation, which is really great for long boss fights, lets us drop assassin's mark for another curse. All in all, it's not a terrible option, but you'll miss the movement speed from Pathfinder and Raider, which is really important. Also, you don't have elemental status effect immunity, which will greatly limit your flask selection because it forces you to use an anti-shock flask for Vinktar's and an anti-freeze flask. So I feel like Pathfinder/Raider are still the better choices.

Last edited by Austhern on Apr 14, 2017, 10:17:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info