[2.6 Legacy SC] PF CI Glasscanon Budget Elemental Wander

"
madziee wrote:
Hey man! Trying your build right now. From 56 to 65 Dual Obliteration Horns was really helpfull. Now testing piscator and suffering to 67 with 1.5k life on merciless:))

Never thought that Obliteration could deal enough damage on an ele build honestly lol

I also got to a4m with that much life so I know your pain haha #justSCthings
Hey, just wanted to know - how does a mid-tier map (shaped mesa maybe) look without extra barrage proj? No dying sun/barrage helm. I was talking to someone who swears up and down that you can't play the game without them as a wander.

EDIT: I saw your 3 minute Mino run. That looks fantastic. Clearing a t16 with no issues without spending 10ex+ on extra projectiles seems good. Probably the most expensive piece there is the Vinktar, of course, then the Wise Oak - those are almost 20c now.

I'm probably going to drop Inspired Learning, when I get to wanding, and go for more ES nodes. I have a nice 420es shield I'm bringing over from my assassin, as well as some decent boots. Might even use the high-res low-es boots from my zerker.
Last edited by ScootaLewis on Apr 3, 2017, 6:14:48 AM
Hey man, thanks for the guild, looks promising. Can you tell me how do we scale our damage here with so little auras? I went 20 exalts on a wander low life wirh 6-link shavs scaling elemental damage before but feel pretty average, hope this will be better. You think can I get away with not using a 6-link vaal regalia on shaper since I want to run any map mods confrontably?
Also boots enchant with 85% of stun avoidance if you have killed recently, whats your opinion on this?
"
minhha0510 wrote:
Hey man, thanks for the guild, looks promising. Can you tell me how do we scale our damage here with so little auras? I went 20 exalts on a wander low life wirh 6-link shavs scaling elemental damage before but feel pretty average, hope this will be better. You think can I get away with not using a 6-link vaal regalia on shaper since I want to run any map mods confrontably?
Also boots enchant with 85% of stun avoidance if you have killed recently, whats your opinion on this?

We get flat damage from Vinktar + Wrath + Herald and on rings. %increased damage mainly comes from passives + Piscator's and jewels.

Lowlife wander builds with CoE and stuff like that requires a lot of investment before you can see it shine. And a barrage enchanted CoE is so hard to get, so you lose a chunk of singletarget.

As you can from my Shaper video, it is totally doable with just a 5l Incandescent Heart.

About the Stun avoidance enchant, I really don't think it's good enough, at least for my playstyle (I absolutely hate to get stunned, it's the shittiest way to die imo). Because we don't have that much energy shield with Incandescent Heart, we rely completely on the insane leech we have. Stun = no leech = die. That's why I switched from Valyrium to Chayula, immunity is just sooooo good.

I bought myself a pair of Skyforth with the enchant and died to a stun lol
Sold it right away and went back to Chayula <3

PS : I know Skyforth is better overall, but it's not worth it for the price if you don't have gg gear.
Just wanted to say, I'm currently level 59 in Cruel A4 and I'm hitting kind of a wall: anything bigger than a blue enemy presents issues. I have a Chayula - stuns aren't an issue - but the low life pool and damage are killing me. I have a tabula for barrage and those high-tier essence +fire to socketed gems gloves for KB, and that's fine for clearing. But it's getting hard to feel comfortable during the slog to 67-68. It should be possible to see the character I'm playing - name of Fish_Sticks (get it, cause piscators is a stick made of fish bones) - so if you have any suggestions, let me know.
"
ScootaLewis wrote:
Just wanted to say, I'm currently level 59 in Cruel A4 and I'm hitting kind of a wall: anything bigger than a blue enemy presents issues. I have a Chayula - stuns aren't an issue - but the low life pool and damage are killing me. I have a tabula for barrage and those high-tier essence +fire to socketed gems gloves for KB, and that's fine for clearing. But it's getting hard to feel comfortable during the slog to 67-68. It should be possible to see the character I'm playing - name of Fish_Sticks (get it, cause piscators is a stick made of fish bones) - so if you have any suggestions, let me know.

First, take Vaal Pact as soon as possible, it should save you from fast hits that cannot one shot you as long as your hitting something. I recommend leveling with other people, they serve as living decoy and meat shields. Also, use a shield instead of a second wand, the block chance alone really helps, and try to get life/res/evasion on it.

I saw that you're using Added Fire support gem in your Barrage setup, you should replace it with Added lightning for better damage.

Against oneshots, I don't really have any advice, maybe try using Arctic armour and basalt flask?

If all of that doesn't work, you're not too far from 67, so maybe get someone to carry you?
Thanks. I was dithering on the idea of Vaal Pact early. I'll swap out a wand for Lycosidae. I don't have an added lightning gem of a decent level, unfortunately.

It seems the most likely way for me to get to a playable level would be to get a carry through the last of a4c and then try to get through act 1-2 of merc myself.
Update: Got carried through cruel belly onwards through malachai. Made it though a1+2 merc eventually. Oversoul took several minutes.

I hit 65 in the Docks after some grinding, and I equipped Piscator's.

Good golly gosh, I have single-target now. I shouldn't have much issue getting through Dominus. Once I can equip my boots and gloves, I'm going to go CI/ghost reaver. After that it's really just getting ES and damage till the cows come home.
Firstly, sorry if i'm not clear enough, english is not my native language (french)
Awesome build!
I was using Icandescent heart some times ago (with aegis aurora) and it worked pretty, sadly a 750+ES vaal regalia was better atm.
With the new buff i think this chest is really powerfull (particulary with dual consuming darks).

I have a few questions :
_Why you don't use auxium ? This belt seems really powerfull for your build and stay pretty cheap (15-20 c)
_Is Inquisitor can be a good alternativ for this build? I was using it for ele wander and it worked really good
_Is vitality void really necessery?. IH + a corrupted chayula (0,2)+ atziri's flask can be enough imo
Last edited by Sarhken on Apr 6, 2017, 9:52:54 AM
"
Sarhken wrote:
Firstly, sorry if i'm not clear enough, english is not my native language (french)
Awesome build!
I was using Icandescent heart some times ago (with aegis aurora) and it worked pretty, sadly a 750+ES vaal regalia was better atm.
With the new buff i think this chest is really powerfull (particulary with dual consuming darks).

I have a few questions :
_Why you don't use auxium ? This belt seems really powerfull for your build and stay pretty cheap (15-20 c)
_Is Inquisitor can be a good alternativ for this build? I was using it for ele wander and it worked really good
_Is vitality void really necessery?. IH + a corrupted chayula (0,2)+ atziri's flask can be enough imo

Auxium is not a very good choice in my opinion because its advantages are not useful with this build :

- "Chill and freeze duration is based on 65% of energy shield"
This is useless because Pathfinder provides status ailment immunity when using a flask. We can't replace the Ascendancy node with Auxium either because a shock-removal flask will be required, and you can still be frozen by big hits and strongboxes.

- "Attack damage leeched as mana per power charge"
My current tree with Vitality Void already gives enough mana leech. Additionally, if you intend to not use Vitality Void and use Auxium, since we don't use Skyforth we run out of power charges sometimes, and we won't be able to run No regen maps because we have no mana leech when we first enter the map with 0 power charges.

The extra mana is useless, and the Weapon elemental damage mod can only go up to 20% (even lower than what you can craft with Tora). So the only real reason you would use it is for the extra energy shield (20-30 more than a well-rolled rare crystal belt). Also a rare belt can have resistances, flask mods, more damage, and most importantly Strength to allow us to wear Incandescent Heart without sacrificing a passive point and/or getting Strength on rings.

I'm sure Inquisitor wanders are good too, but we already have great penetration and Pathfinder provides faster clear speed.

Vitality Void is not necessary, you can skip it and get one mana leech node in the ranger area. I still take it because I enjoy having massive leech.

by the way French is also my first language ;)
so if you have trouble translating, you can talk to me in French.
Last edited by Austhern on Apr 7, 2017, 12:05:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info