[2.6] Blast Rain Slayer Build Guide. Xoph's Nurture + The Taming + Emberwake

What adjustments will you make to the upcoming Damage over Time changes? Do you believe that it will be too much a Nerf or perhaps even boost your build?

"
Tuadh wrote:

What adjustments will you make to the upcoming Damage over Time changes? Do you believe that it will be too much a Nerf or perhaps even boost your build?

It's still far too early to say, I imagine ignite will still be strong however. With massive changes coming to skills, the skill tree and potentially ascendancies its just not feasible to give you an answer yet. I imagine this build will still work, and once 3.0 hits in several months i'll try to see what I can do in standard. I and many others will be testing ignite builds in the beta in a few weeks however, so I might be able to theory craft a tree earlier on for what this build will look like in 3.0. As for now though, its fairly strong and fun to play.
Nice work man!

Im keeping an eye on this post as im planning on using this build in 3.0, please keep it updated! :D
Much appriciated and thx in advance
RIP Taming and Emberwake. I hope there will be a legacy emberwake. Since they are completely changing emberwake I don't think that will happen.
Hello, u got some nice idea with this build, i'm gonna follow it with an elementalist ! (got a last char lv54 to burn in HC legacy, probably the last ahah)

But got some question:
Does dying sun works on blast rain ? ofc yeah for the increase aoe, but for the additionnal projectile ..? The wiki said no, but if u can tell me :)
How blast rain tooltip work ? For example what is the best: blast rain set up with inc aoe for more projectile hit ennemy/ignite pack or conc aoe for just the %more dmg ?

Also, i choose elementalist with this king of tree probably (https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAQkAByMLAIEfAgQHg9tVxjpYrJjxbCGwNPeXhS6UTLPQH-_rl5VSUz1fNsXYJKcIVkidrgN1kStfBBpsNukkqhZv42rkIilP7DiFe2ZUgpvvfKIAOtgnL5BV8B9o8q9sC2HGrjwtg8y3Pv4K2L1Bh_nogsco-pitga-40No6sQWuPmeb5FGDX1BH7w4UIF8_Gj7yL9SPGS7ZYa2Nz35XDdIh8kGCB3y7xYq8nxiRhmAirzhTducaOMBmBLM8BXrvBS2ezacwAef8SxRNNugaVWEhhO_awXTtLlPTb9-K6QL-s1crvYJtGZf0QzGNfs2Y6mJ1y76nZU29NtQH3I0XpBM1kPrfbUyL70sAAAAAAA==)
=> my reflexion compared to slayer ascendency: u loose the part of overleech/bleed immunity/culling strike . U win more penetration (that make u swap fire penetration gem for a leech life gem), anti reflect, and im not able to calculate atm but probably more dmg/aoe?

With belly of beast, i will probbly not have kaom this league:
6L blast rain, faster attack, WED, Chance to ignite, Inc/Conc AOE, life leech. (Dont know yet if an added fire dmg coulda work instead of life leech or fater attack)
6L Lightning arrow, CoH, flammability, GMP, fortify + ???
4L Herald of Ash, Anger or Hatred (depend of tooltip), 2 golem (flame + nvm)
4L Blink arrow, faster attack, vaal breach + ???
4L CwdT,ball lighting, firestorm, chance to ignite

hope it will work ahah, and sorry for the bad english :s
"
Wekmaa wrote:
Hello, u got some nice idea with this build, i'm gonna follow it with an elementalist ! (got a last char lv54 to burn in HC legacy, probably the last ahah)

But got some question:
Does dying sun works on blast rain ? ofc yeah for the increase aoe, but for the additionnal projectile ..? The wiki said no, but if u can tell me :)
How blast rain tooltip work ? For example what is the best: blast rain set up with inc aoe for more projectile hit ennemy/ignite pack or conc aoe for just the %more dmg ?

Also, i choose elementalist with this king of tree probably (https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAQkAByMLAIEfAgQHg9tVxjpYrJjxbCGwNPeXhS6UTLPQH-_rl5VSUz1fNsXYJKcIVkidrgN1kStfBBpsNukkqhZv42rkIilP7DiFe2ZUgpvvfKIAOtgnL5BV8B9o8q9sC2HGrjwtg8y3Pv4K2L1Bh_nogsco-pitga-40No6sQWuPmeb5FGDX1BH7w4UIF8_Gj7yL9SPGS7ZYa2Nz35XDdIh8kGCB3y7xYq8nxiRhmAirzhTducaOMBmBLM8BXrvBS2ezacwAef8SxRNNugaVWEhhO_awXTtLlPTb9-K6QL-s1crvYJtGZf0QzGNfs2Y6mJ1y76nZU29NtQH3I0XpBM1kPrfbUyL70sAAAAAAA==)
=> my reflexion compared to slayer ascendency: u loose the part of overleech/bleed immunity/culling strike . U win more penetration (that make u swap fire penetration gem for a leech life gem), anti reflect, and im not able to calculate atm but probably more dmg/aoe?

With belly of beast, i will probbly not have kaom this league:
6L blast rain, faster attack, WED, Chance to ignite, Inc/Conc AOE, life leech. (Dont know yet if an added fire dmg coulda work instead of life leech or fater attack)
6L Lightning arrow, CoH, flammability, GMP, fortify + ???
4L Herald of Ash, Anger or Hatred (depend of tooltip), 2 golem (flame + nvm)
4L Blink arrow, faster attack, vaal breach + ???
4L CwdT,ball lighting, firestorm, chance to ignite

hope it will work ahah, and sorry for the bad english :s

Before I start answering your questions I just want to say that this build is going to massively change once 3.0 hits. On the beta at the moment this build needs to be built very differently and with the changes to emberwake it will no longer work like it used to. 3.0 is still at least a month away though, so if you want to make this character feel free. The currency you invest will likely go to waste on certain items, as with the emberwake change the taming ring will become much, much worse.

Dying sun won't give additional projectiles to blast rain as the skill isn't projectile based, the flask will only provide the AoE for you for this build. The flask isn't really required either, its generally very expensive and more of a luxury item.

The tooltip for dying sun doesn't really give you much information on how much damage you're really do with this build, due to most of our damage being done through ignites. If you really want to know how much damage you're doing then you'd need to either calculate it yourself or use a program such as path of building which will give you a fairly accurate representation of how much damage you'll do with certain items. Inc Aoe and Conc Effect should be swapped when you're doing bosses if possible, as Conc Effect gives a large damage boost but limits AoE making map clearing much slower.

The following is how I would personally make an elementalist version of this build. Its CI based instead of life and uses vaal pact for damage leech.
Old elementalist build guide video
The key uniques his build uses are 'The signal Fire' for physical to fire damage conversion, Emberwake and the Taming for stacking ignites to massively increase damage and Lioneye's Glare for this hits can't be evaded stat which means you don't have to invest into resolute technique meaning that you can still crit and gain damage from elemental overload.
Skill tree from the video
Damage wise the best links for blast rain are in my main post, these are:
Blast rain - Chance to ignite - Fire penetration - Faster attacks - Weapon Elemental Damage - Increased Area of effect/Concentrated effect
If you go CI then you'll also want to run discipline for the massive ES gain along with Anger and Herald of Ash for damage all linked with a Enlighten for the less mana reservation so that you still have mana to cast your skills. If you can't afford an enlighten then i'd drop herald of ash until you can.
I generally wouldn't bother with a curse on hit setup with this build, if you want to run Flammability and self cast it you can.
For your second golem with elementalist i'd probably pick Lightning Golem, so you have that and Flame golem.
Theres a lot of information in that video in a very concise manner, so if you wish to play elementalist i'd watch it all.

Other than that have fun and goodluck with your build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info