Death Penalty

In my neck of the woods, this case is pretty controversial.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/markeith-loyd-case-florida-prosecutor-removed-from-cop-killing-case-over-death-penalty-decision/

TL;DR - Killed pregnant ex-gf, killed Cop execution style, Prosecutor said she would not seek death penalty, Governor removed her from the case.
anything is everything
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2017, 10:26:53 PM
A case of executive over reach IMO. Your Governor has the authority to just remove judges from cases?
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
A case of executive over reach IMO. Your Governor has the authority to just remove judges from cases?

They do. Had it just been one case, it might have been over reach.

"Florida State Attorney Aramis Ayala announced Thursday that she will not seek the death penalty in any case under her administration."

She signed up for a job in a state that has the death penalty and she knew about it before hand. She's lucky she isn't being forced to resign - Yet.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
But that doesn't answer my question. Does the Gov of FL have the authority to remove her from a case? In some states it would fall to the judiciary, meaning he would have to file a motion or it would take an act of state congress.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Mar 17, 2017, 8:27:33 PM
"
kolyaboo wrote:
But that doesn't answer my question. Does the Gov of FL have the authority to remove her from a case? In some states it would fall to the judiciary, meaning he would have to file a motion or it would take an act of state congress.
What states are you talking about? District attorneys fall under the executive in the same way Sessions falls under Trump.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
They had a lawsuit here in Dallas a couple of years ago, unless I'm much mistaken, to remove a DA. Also in Orange cty CA.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info