[2.6] IMMORTAL MF GOLEMS - Shaper / Uber / ALL Guardians *WHILE DEAD*

thank you for the answer ...
i know they dont proc EE but i was not sure does it matter who will hit first because i cant hit first :D btw im lvl 70 and still dont have the 3th and 4th ascendancy :D
"
Topyk wrote:
thank you for the answer ...
i know they dont proc EE but i was not sure does it matter who will hit first because i cant hit first :D btw im lvl 70 and still dont have the 3th and 4th ascendancy :D

They are nice upgrades to our build go left side of ascendancy when you get them.
You can do almost anytime those 2 labs.just be carefull at uber izaro.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
They are nice upgrades to our build

Care to explain why they are "nice upgrades to our build"?

The damage and cast speed increases from the two minor nodes do not apply to minions (golems).

The damage and AoE increases from Pendulum of Destruction do not apply to minions (golems).

And I doubt that damage penetration from Mastermind of Discord applies to minions (golems). The Wise Oak, which does exactly the same (During Flask Effect, Damage Penetrates 20% Resistance...), certainly has no effect on minions (unless you equip Umbilicus Immortalis in which case it will work for Zombies and Spectres but not for golems) so what makes you believe that golems benefit from Mastermind of Discord?

The only "upgrade" we get is a some cast speed and a bit more AoE for Ball lightning (every 10 seconds) ... nothing to write home about really.

Edit: Actually the question has been discussed here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667910

And the creator of this build (who you claim made you the caretaker of this thread LOL) had this to say:

"
styyled wrote:
None of the other passives in the Elementalist Ascendancy offer any real benefit.
Last edited by tomay on May 12, 2017, 6:28:46 AM
Do not listen to the guy who posted before me. He is trying to spread false information and actually wants other people to play this game worse than they could.
Minion pen. before i use ball lightning:
http://prntscr.com/f6y6tk
After i use ball lightning:
http://prntscr.com/f6y6dg
You really don't get it, now, do you?

What you see in your character sheet refers to your skill only and your skill is to summon a minion (golem) and nothing else. This does in no way reflect the skill set, damage, cast speed, etc. of your minions.

You made the same stupid mistake by adding a source of damage to this spell (which is to summon a flame golem) and then trying to peddle it here as "golem tooltip DPS" when in fact it is not.
"
tomay wrote:
You really don't get it, now, do you?

What you see in your character sheet refers to your skill only and your skill is to summon a minion (golem) and nothing else. This does in no way reflect the skill set, damage, cast speed, etc. of your minions.

You made the same stupid mistake by adding a source of damage to this spell (which is to summon a flame golem) and then trying to peddle it here as "golem tooltip DPS" when in fact it is not.

Show me the source of your information about nothing applies to golems everything we can do is useless.
Edit:nvm nothing applies to golems or minions what a disappoinyment.. Cast speed can increase summoning speed i suppose. I ll try the ascendancy with a clear map boss w\o EE.
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on May 12, 2017, 7:29:26 AM
OK, let's start with a very simple thing, shall we?

By default Summon Flame Golem does not show any DPS/Damage in the tooltip or character sheet, yes?

OK, now I link 21/20 Added Lightning Damage to Summon Flame Golem and all of a sudden I see 603.9 Damage per Second in the character sheet and 603.9 DPS in the tooltip. Now, let's assume for a moment, this damage would reflect the golem damage so I add/remove the Minion Damage Support (49% more damage) but nothing happens to the tooltip DPS. This surely indicates that the damage shown in the character character sheet and tooltip is not related to the actual golem damage... this is not to say the gem has no effect on the golem, sure the golem will deal lightning damage when the gem is linked and even more with Minion Damage Support linked but the actual amount of damage is not shown in the tooltip or character sheet for summoning the golem, that's something entirely different.

Flame Golem is not a skill, our skill is to summon one and all sorts of passives, item modifiers can apply to this skill but do not affect the golem at all.

The character sheet lists a lot of weird things... such as my flame totemer's Summon Lightning Golem's 20% chance to ignite but that only means, the spell to summon had a 20% chance to ignite if it did deal any (fire) damage, which of course it doesn't. The skill to summon something itself cannot deal any damage at all and yet it's listed in the character sheet.
Last edited by tomay on May 12, 2017, 8:09:56 AM
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
Edit:nvm nothing applies to golems or minions what a disappoinyment.. Cast speed can increase summoning speed i suppose. I ll try the ascendancy with a clear map boss w\o EE.

Not quite... IIQ/IIR on gear for example does apply to minions. GGG made it so that summoner MF builds don't have a disadvantage here, vice versa we gain flask charges from their kills.

And I wouldn't be too disappointed... them wee li'l b@$t@rds are stronk as f*ck. ;)
Last edited by tomay on May 12, 2017, 8:06:35 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

Not quite... IIQ/IIR on gear for example does apply to minions. GGG made it so that summoner MF builds don't have a disadvantage here, vice versa we gain flask charges from their kills.

And I wouldn't be too disappointed... them wee li'l b@$t@rds are stronk as f*ck. ;)

U were right. I realized my mistakes after reading some wiki pages and i am sorry about previous arguements.
This realization made me think about our ascendancy class but. I can find clearly no reason to give up on our elemental damage immunity. That shit is dope as f**k.
I was wrong about global damage and that extra ascendancy points although we can benefit from cast speed for convocation, ball lightning and summoning faster our golems (i mean the animation speed should be faster).
One more thing; i really liked ur lightning golem links. I might steal the idea and use it :)
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on May 12, 2017, 8:14:49 AM
I'm glad you've "seen the light" and we can all be friends again. ;)

Sure, Liege of the Primordial is essential for the extra golem and their elemental immunity, this alone beats anything Necromancer has to offer. Paragon is nice insofar as we take reduced elemental damage after the first hit... other than that our ascendancy class hasn't got much to offer.

What's so special about my Lightning Golem? Isn't IIQ, IIR and Culling Strike pretty much standard? (if one can afford IIQ, that is)
Last edited by tomay on May 12, 2017, 8:57:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info