Might and Influence - wings of entropy and splash question!

Let's talk about this. Is that buff on your off hand damage will be similair to Slayer's 50% less damage to surround targets Impact nod? If we only hit one weapon from dual strike that means we damage 50% less damage?

And how it works with Wings of entropy that have only one base damage to duals? Is that will damage 100% phys to surround targets and difference only in fire and chaos nodes?

Another question: how good AOE against melee splash?
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2017, 1:30:01 PM
There is inherently no damage penalty on splash effect, that's why Impact and splash gem specify one. That means your off hand will do full damage, which will be a half of your total, as you correctly assumed.

Wings of Entropy count as wielding identical copies of the weapon in each hand, so both hands will have the listed phys damage and differ only in elemental bonus, yes.

Base AoE of splash effect is the same for every instance of it, the gem has some additional bonuses.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 17, 2017, 6:07:15 AM
"
raics wrote:
There is inherently no damage penalty on splash effect, that's why Impact and splash gem specify one. That means your off hand will do full damage, which will be a half of your total, as you correctly assumed.

Wings of Entropy count as wielding identical copies of the weapon in each hand, so both hands will have the listed phys damage and differ only in elemental bonus, yes.

Base AoE of splash effect is the same for every instance of it, the gem has some additional bonuses.

That means, we have 100% damage to main target and 100% damage in splash? But difference only in chaos and fire to surround tagrets?
"
Kursed_one wrote:

That means, we have 100% damage to main target and 100% damage in splash? But difference only in chaos and fire to surround tagrets?

Actually, 208% damage to main target and 104% damage in splash, assuming level 20 Dual Strike. Dual Strike attacks with both weapons, which means that it deals 104% of the listed weapon damage once and 104% of the listed weapon damage once, which ends up being 208% of weapon damage for Wings of Entropy.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Not really related but I would love to know the size of the splash if you fancy spilling the beans OP, I've long wanted to run a dual strike character but could never justify using two skills (one for aoe, one for single target) on a character who by default only gets 1 5/6l.
"
adghar wrote:
"
Kursed_one wrote:

Actually, 208% damage to main target and 104% damage in splash, assuming level 20 Dual Strike. Dual Strike attacks with both weapons, which means that it deals 104% of the listed weapon damage once and 104% of the listed weapon damage once, which ends up being 208% of weapon damage for Wings of Entropy.

Are we gain double damage from wings if we use dual strike?
Ok, that we have point, that this can be better than Impact node from slayer or similair?
And can we boost aoe of this jewel or not?
Last edited by Kursed_one on Mar 17, 2017, 7:02:36 AM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Not really related but I would love to know the size of the splash if you fancy spilling the beans OP, I've long wanted to run a dual strike character but could never justify using two skills (one for aoe, one for single target) on a character who by default only gets 1 5/6l.

Size of splash is pretty low. But we have boost it with this
Ahh so not big enough to be viable on its own but good enough with gladiator/abyssal cry etc?
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Ahh so not big enough to be viable on its own but good enough with gladiator/abyssal cry etc?

I will test this. Right now, I see big nodes from slayer to take two handed dps nodes from ascendancy to stack it with Wings of Entropy. One handed from Glad unfort doesn't work(
Also, will try with this Bul Katos set

Ok friends!
I testing dual strike alot. And I might to answer some questions. Everything was testing with bleed gloves

Testing with WoE. And Dual strike is have pretty low Aoe. But, We can use new jewel for cleave

And use dual strike for single target and cleave for Aoe. What good about WoE, that you can have 2 6links, take Slayer nodes for 2 handed weapons and use only cleave but with Kaoms.

Testing high APS one handed swords. Good - you have Insane APS (11 at my 68 lvl without ascendancy). But bad AOE. You can boost it with Gladiator nodes. If you always bleed enemyes - aoe is ok

That middle from WoE and swords. You have nice DPS and APS. With always bleed AoE is good. Bad thing - you need take only nodes for duals and one handed. Not swords and not axes. Only mixed.

My choice - 3rd Bull Katos set) Because you have nice aoe, frenzy charges an nice flat DPS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info