[3.0][Slayer] Dual-sword Crit Flurry - Endgame map cruiser (no bleed/chaos) (Guardian/Shaper/Uber)

I enjoyed reading studying your build. I started trying to use Alkaizer's build which is very similar to this one, apart from some key item differences.

I was wondering what gem setup you would recommend for the best single target dps? I've solo'd some guardians but I'm really struggling deciding what gems would be the best. This build has been great for mapping so far for me, but single target not so much.

This is sort of the idea I'm trying.

Using

Thanks for the guide man. Would appreciate any input. This is the first league I've played endgame so I feel a bit out of dept still.
Last edited by Lazybeer on Mar 27, 2017, 8:28:13 PM
"
Lazybeer wrote:
I enjoyed reading studying your build. I started trying to use Alkaizer's build which is very similar to this one, apart from some key item differences.

I was wondering what gem setup you would recommend for the best single target dps? I've solo'd some guardians but I'm really struggling deciding what gems would be the best. This build has been great for mapping so far for me, but single target not so much.

This is sort of the idea I'm trying.

Using

Thanks for the guide man. Would appreciate any input. This is the first league I've played endgame so I feel a bit out of dept still.

Thank you for your feedback

For single target, why would you place both conc eff and inc aoe gem in your link above instead of Inc crit strikes ?

I checked your gear, here are some of my tips to improve your dps:

- Get more accuracy,i don't think you have more than 90% accuracy. Accuracy is very important for melee crit build, your hits have to be successfully landed first before the game check your crit chance.

- You lack crit chance, your sword base crit is only 5.5, which is pretty low, even if you use Choir of the storm, your crit chance is not stable. You can try my setup with Blasphemy + Assassin mark instead of Hatred, your tooltip will decrease but remember that ele damage won't help much without any penetration in a phys build like this.

- I don't think going all the way to Templar area to get Elementalist + Amplify is optimal. You miss one of the best damage clusters for sword near Marauder area which give you 15% bleed chance, flat acc, range, damage, better than wasting 3 nodes to get Brutal blade with minimal benefits near Ranger area.

- Your overall pathing is not really optimal, you don't need Spirit void for mana leech (save 2 nodes). 0.4 is enough. Check my tree again.

- If you want to go all out for dps, try this
Spoiler

- Other than that, use Vaal lightning trap, Warchief totem, Vinktar to improve your single target.

Good luck with your build.

For damage most important - run a diamond flask if your crit chance is between 40% and 75%.

For example, at 50% this flask ups your crit chance to 75%, at 75% to 95%.

At 30%, it can almost double your crit chance and so almost double your damage. Under 30%, use resolute technique and don't bother with crit and hit values. Respec later, then.

Another method to get power charges is linking PCOC to a counterattack, together with Endurance charge on stun to get automatic power and endurance charges. I used this last season on a similar build, and in breaches the power charges zoomed almost instantly to the max. I used enfeeble as an curse there.

I'd reccomend enfeeble this season, too, if you want to run something like beyond breaches to control damage input a bit. A beyond lord + 3-4 breech rares is a little bit much otherwise - I'm pumping instant potions with enfeeble there, but I'm not that good on equipment at the moment.

Of couase, if you have a lucky corrupt on an amulett or use a curse ring, you can run an offensive curse additional.

Only 10k armor, a little bit on the light side this season.
"
Llyrain wrote:
For damage most important - run a diamond flask if your crit chance is between 40% and 75%.

For example, at 50% this flask ups your crit chance to 75%, at 75% to 95%.

At 30%, it can almost double your crit chance and so almost double your damage. Under 30%, use resolute technique and don't bother with crit and hit values. Respec later, then.

Another method to get power charges is linking PCOC to a counterattack, together with Endurance charge on stun to get automatic power and endurance charges. I used this last season on a similar build, and in breaches the power charges zoomed almost instantly to the max. I used enfeeble as an curse there.

I'd reccomend enfeeble this season, too, if you want to run something like beyond breaches to control damage input a bit. A beyond lord + 3-4 breech rares is a little bit much otherwise - I'm pumping instant potions with enfeeble there, but I'm not that good on equipment at the moment.

Of couase, if you have a lucky corrupt on an amulett or use a curse ring, you can run an offensive curse additional.

Only 10k armor, a little bit on the light side this season.

Thank you for your feedback

With assassin mark and 3 pc, my crit chance is over 80%, no need for Diamond flask. Enfeeble is ofcourse always good, but not neccessary, I'd run enfeeble if i had a +1 curse amulet or using Cospri.

Over 10k armour is really not needed unless you are playing Gladiator + Aegis combo. My true defense relies on slayer endless leech + atziri acuity combo, mapping is really comfortable even when im encountering breaches or beyond lords. If you are playing Gladiator and your block failed, you'll be vulnerable to 1 shot damage, with slayer leech, im pretty certain that i can negate most sudden 1 shot attack and leech back to instant with acuity. I can facetank uber izaro and minotaur's slam just fine with Abyssus.
Acuity is no option at the moment - I'm playing this season SSF, so I'm lucky an abyssus dropped a few days ago and a prophecy gave me

I chose gladiator to get a high block without too much investment, and sword for being able to go crit on this side of the tree.

I tried the counterattack+ PCOC last season, and in breaches or overcrowded situation I got my 3 powercharges in short time, with almost no investment.

And I don't know if slayer leech alone is enough, when you have only 60% block and no spellblock - it could be played DW or even 2-Hander with grace as evation aura, too.
"
Llyrain wrote:
Acuity is no option at the moment - I'm playing this season SSF, so I'm lucky an abyssus dropped a few days ago and a prophecy gave me

I chose gladiator to get a high block without too much investment, and sword for being able to go crit on this side of the tree.

I tried the counterattack+ PCOC last season, and in breaches or overcrowded situation I got my 3 powercharges in short time, with almost no investment.

And I don't know if slayer leech alone is enough, when you have only 60% block and no spellblock - it could be played DW or even 2-Hander with grace as evation aura, too.

If you really have read my guide, have 47/0 block non flask, 73/12 with Rumi up, (2% left from jewels but i've replaced with better one) so definitely not 60. I only spend 7 points for block nodes, i don't think that is "too much" investment.

I don't need that much spell block and you really have to tried Slayer leech for yourself, you seem to underestimate Slayer endless leech, I don't think gladiator has superior defense than slayer (not significantly).

I choose slayer for comfortable playstyle, no stun, no bleed (while leeching), 20% culling, endless leech, if these are not defensive enough then i don't know what is.

Last edited by Brown14 on Mar 28, 2017, 9:11:15 AM
"
Brown14 wrote:

For single target, why would you place both conc eff and inc aoe gem in your link above instead of Inc crit strikes ?

- Get more accuracy, i don't think you have more than 90% accuracy. Accuracy is very important for melee crit build, your hits have to be successfully landed first before the game check your crit chance.

- You lack crit chance, your sword base crit is only 5.5, which is pretty low, even if you use Choir of the storm, your crit chance is not stable. You can try my setup with Blasphemy + Assassin mark instead of Hatred, your tooltip will decrease but remember that ele damage won't help much without any penetration in a phys build like this.

- I don't think going all the way to Templar area to get Elementalist + Amplify is optimal. You miss one of the best damage clusters for sword near Marauder area which give you 15% bleed chance, flat acc, range, damage, better than wasting 3 nodes to get Brutal blade with minimal benefits near Ranger area.

- Your overall pathing is not really optimal, you don't need Spirit void for mana leech (save 2 nodes). 0.4 is enough. Check my tree again.

- Other than that, use Vaal lightning trap, Warchief totem, Vinktar to improve your single target.

Thanks for the feedback. I think the website just uses the current gems equipped in the item, and I used conc eff and inc aoe for mapping when you checked it I recon. I'll switch inc aoe with increased crit for single target and see how that goes. Yeah I've had issues with accuracy lately, as well as sufficient mana leech after I tried using inc aoe + conc eff (140+140 mana multiplier). That's why I (yesterday actually) tried to take the mana leech nodes to compensate. What I probably should do is stop using 3 auras combined with a lvl3 Enlighten support. Between hatred+herald of ash+ice armor, I suppose I'll probably drop arctic armor for now and remove the mana leech nodes. My weapon also has 1.97 attacks per second and I have the "16% increased attack speed if you've killed recently" on my boots, so you can imagine that the mana spending goes pretty high because of this.

You also mention that the pathing to Elementalist + Amplify might not be optimal and I think you're right. I should probably just focus on all physical instead of trying to be too hybrid. Especially with bosses having the resistances they have and me having no penetration, probably better to focus on the left nodes and there's plenty of good ones on the left side. I was very happy with getting this weapon for 1ex but perhaps it's not as good as I thought it was, if the base crit chance is so low. I slammed it and got reduced stun threshold also. Ugh. I'll study your own tree and try to see what would be most beneficial to mine. My effective crit chance is 64% and hit chance is 84% right now (not counting flask) according to path of building. I'll try to increase it. Getting a pair of Atziri's would solve some of my leech problems probably but i'm a couple of ex off atm. Maybe I'll save up. Think I'll also consider dropping some shield nodes but not sure. Using the red nightmare jewel so it's at 65% right + speels with no flask. Hitting diminishing returns.
Last edited by Lazybeer on Mar 28, 2017, 10:56:31 AM
"
Lazybeer wrote:
"
Brown14 wrote:

- Get more accuracy, i don't think you have more than 90% accuracy. Accuracy is very important for melee crit build, your hits have to be successfully landed first before the game check your crit chance.

Thanks for the feedback. I think the website just uses the current gems equipped in the item, and I used conc eff and inc aoe for mapping when you checked it I recon. I'll switch inc aoe with increased crit for single target and see how that goes. Yeah I've had issues with accuracy lately, as well as sufficient mana leech after I tried using inc aoe + conc eff (140+140 mana multiplier). That's why I (yesterday actually) tried to take the mana leech nodes to compensate. What I probably should do is stop using 3 auras combined with a lvl3 Enlighten support. Between hatred+herald of ash+ice armor, I suppose I'll probably drop arctic armor for now and remove the mana leech nodes. My weapon also has 1.97 attacks per second and I have the "16% increased attack speed if you've killed recently" on my boots, so you can imagine that the mana spending goes pretty high because of this.

You also mention that the pathing to Elementalist + Amplify might not be optimal and I think you're right. I should probably just focus on all physical instead of trying to be too hybrid. Especially with bosses having the resistances they have and me having no penetration, probably better to focus on the left nodes and there's plenty of good ones on the left side. I was very happy with getting this weapon for 1ex but perhaps it's not as good as I thought it was, if the base crit chance is so low. I slammed it and got reduced stun threshold also. Ugh. I'll study your own tree and try to see what would be most beneficial to mine. My effective crit chance is 64% and hit chance is 84% right now (not counting flask) according to path of building. I'll try to increase it. Getting a pair of Atziri's would solve some of my leech problems probably but i'm a couple of ex off atm. Maybe I'll save up. Think I'll also consider dropping some shield nodes but not sure. Using the red nightmare jewel so it's at 65% right + speels with no flask. Hitting diminishing returns.

Check this out, here's what i would do with your char : www.poeurl.com/bd8R

Notice the Dirty technique wheel, you'll now poison bleeding enemies, greatly increase your single dps (25% is ok). You'll also gain additional 15% bleed chance from Razor edge, a total of 40% bleed chance (including gladiator ascendancy).

Dropping generic block nodes from duelist/marauder area and spec into damage/block nodes in ranger area. You'll lose 4% block chance but will gain more accuracy/crit/damage.

Again, this is just a reference :D
"
Brown14 wrote:

Check this out, here's what i would do with your char : www.poeurl.com/bd8R

Notice the Dirty technique wheel, you'll now poison bleeding enemies, greatly increase your single dps (25% is ok). You'll also gain additional 15% bleed chance from Razor edge, a total of 40% bleed chance (including gladiator ascendancy).

Dropping generic block nodes from duelist/marauder area and spec into damage/block nodes in ranger area. You'll lose 4% block chance but will gain more accuracy/crit/damage.

Again, this is just a reference :D

Wish I saw this post 10 mins ago, as I already changed a lot of it hehe. Since I still have the node down there for mana leech I'll have to consider going the bottom route again. I wonder if any DoT nodes are worth it with 40% bleed and 15% poison. Then again some of the guardians will be immune to either bleed or poison, and map bosses are fairly quick.

Thanks for the input, I'll check it out.
Have you killed Shaper with this ? :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info