[3.0][Slayer] Dual-sword Crit Flurry - Endgame map cruiser (no bleed/chaos) (Guardian/Shaper/Uber)

INTRODUCTION:
Build updated for 3.0 patch (check out new vids below). Now using dual swords instead of shield + sword to maximize damage output while utilizing Slayer's high quality of life ascendancy.

SKILL TREE:

BANDITS:
Spoiler
Kill all

PANTHEON:
Spoiler
Soul of Yugul (25% reduced reflect damage) + your favorite

MY GEARS:
Spoiler

GEAR DISCUSSION: [IMPORTANT]
Spoiler

- You DON'T Need to have Atziri Acuity. It was intentionally used to counter Abyssus side effect against reflect mobs (normal mobs are fine), but with the new Pantheon system, choose "Soul of Yugul" for additional 25% reduced reflect damage (total of 75%).

- Don't take Vaal Pact, it makes slayer Endless Hunger & Brutal Fervour useless and therefore, you'll be vulnerable to stun and bleed. Atziri Acuity instant leech is an exception, it synergies very well with our ascendancy.

- For weapons, use 2 swords with at least 300+pdps each and ONE of them must have 7~8 base crit. Vaal rapier/Foils is recommended for superior range and high base crit.

- Try to get some accuracy on your jewelries.

- Belly is not required, any 1k+AR chest with 100+ life is always better (which is an ex or 2)

- Jewels must have life in it, the rest are up to you. (crit and phys damage are recommended)

GEM SETUP:
Spoiler

Main setup: BF - Inc Crit strike - Faster Attack - Melee phys dmg - Maim - Inc AOE/Conc effect. (for 5L, remove Maim)

Aura: Blasphemy - Assassin mark - Herald of Ash - Arctic armour

4L Setup: CWDT - IC - ID - Vaal lightning trap

Movement: Whirling blade/Leap slam - Faster attack - Fortify

Warchief totem: Warchief totem - Conc eff - Melee phys - Faster attack

Buff: Ice golem, Vaal haste, Blood rage.

ALTERNATIVES:
Spoiler

This build is very flexible, if you are bored with BF, you can try other melee skills like: Cyclone, Lacerate, Reave, Sunder...any skills that have melee, attack and AOE tag, adjust support gems respectively

NOTE: Cyclone is the best alternative, with rapier/foils superior range (12 base + 3 from tree) and Slayer high aoe, mapping is very comfortable. Single target damage can get up to ~400k, enough to melt most bosses.

STATS:
Spoiler

Hideout damage with Inc AOE, Ice golem + herald of ash:

Hideout defense, no buffed:

Damage fully buffed:

MAPPING:
Spoiler

- Avoid no leech, phys reflect
- Ele ref is doable (disable Herald of ash)
- For maps with Vulnerability, replace Inc aoe/conc with Phys to lightning to counter Abyssus effect.
- For maps with 40% phys reduction, use phys to lightning gem.

VIDEOS:(updated)
Spoiler

T15 Core with Enfeeble (ft. Chayula):
https://youtu.be/kKqHb49SlVY
Shaper is pretty easy, all phases are pretty much the same so i just record the last one:
https://youtu.be/rtkqkcQWMDI
Uber Atziri:
https://youtu.be/_1Rg6mr0KDM
Notes: My very first atempt in 3.0 patch, been gone since the start of 2.6 so its very sloppy, you can notice that i screw up many times like forgetting to throw vaal lightning trap before the trio and accidentally turn of my herald instead of throwing trap in atziri split phase xD. But you can definitely do it deathless.

OLD VIDS:
Brief gameplay of T15 Dark forest map with hard mods:
https://youtu.be/Y9IMJEPIYfo
Chimera with -max res, ele weakness:
https://youtu.be/9OjiZubIP70
Phoenix with -max res, 60% less regen (Phoenix teleports everywhere):
https://youtu.be/VUhjD136ta0

Contact me in game @ShieldwithaSword

[2.6 Patch]
Spoiler

Slayer vs Gladiator
Spoiler

Gladiator:
_Higher tooltip
_Higher bleed chance
_Easier to cap block/spell block

Slayer:
_Endless leech
_Immune to bleed + stun while leeching
_50% reduced reflected damage
_20% culling strike

Slayer is better for quality of life while Gladitor probably has higher tooltip damage.

SKILL TREE
Spoiler
110 pts: www.poeurl.com/bbxe
118 pts: www.poeurl.com/bbxd (current)
For Ascendancy: Get Headsman first then Brutal Fervour

BANDITS
Spoiler
Kill all

GEM SETUP
Spoiler
Main setup: BF - Inc Crit strike - Faster Attack - Melee phys dmg - Fortify - Inc AOE/Conc effect. (for 5L, remove Faster attack)

Aura: Blasphemy - Assassin mark - Herald of Ash - Arctic armour

CWDT: CWDT - IC - ID - Tempest shield

Movement: Shield charge/Whirling blade/Leap slam - Faster attack

Warchief totem: Warchief totem - Conc eff - Melee phys - Faster attack

Buff: Ice golem, Vaal haste, Blood rage.

MY GEAR
Spoiler

GEAR DISCUSSION [IMPORTANT]
Spoiler

- You need a 20+ Rumi to reach 70+ atk block.
- Since Im using Abyssus, Atziri Acuity is required for instant leech against reflect mobs.
- Don't take Vaal Pact, it makes slayer Endless Hunger & Brutal Fervour useless and you'll be vulnerable to stun and bleed. Atziri Acuity instant leech synergy very well with our ascendancy.
- If you can't afford Atziri acuity then use another Helm like Rats nest or Starkonja. Therfore, you can replace atziri acuity with rare gloves or Maligaro/Shadow and dust/etc..
- Im using sword because 1h weapon has been buffed recently, 15% bleed chance (passives), sword also has superior range: 12 (base) + 3 from passives. An ideal sword would have 300+pdps, which is pretty cheap, bleed on hit is a bonus.
- Belly is not required, any 1k+AR chest with 100+ life is always better (which is an ex or 2)
- Other than that, my gear is pretty cheap.

STATS
Spoiler

Hideout damage with Inc AOE, Ice golem + herald of ash

Hideout defense, no buff

Damage with everything up. Tooltip can go higher if you're using Hatred + herald combo or using Added fire, WED, Phys to light support gem but this is a pure phys build, there's no point in doing that, ele damage won't help much without penetration.

MAPPING
Spoiler

- Avoid no leech, phys reflect
- Ele ref is doable (disable Herald of ash)
- For maps with Vulnerability, replace Inc aoe/conc with Phys to lightning to counter Abyssus effect.
- For maps with 40% phys reduction, use phys to lightning gem.
- If you get bored with BF, you can use Reave, Lacerate, Cyclone, replace Fortify with Added fire or multistrike (depends).
- I have tested this build against Shaper, doable but definitely not enough to farm it comfortably. You can switch to dual wield version with 2x 300pdsp+ Foil + Abysuss (to reach semi-mirrored weapon dps) but you'll have less life/block/armour.

VIDEO
Spoiler

Brief gameplay of T15 Dark forest map with hard mods:
https://youtu.be/Y9IMJEPIYfo
Chimera with -max res, ele weakness:
https://youtu.be/9OjiZubIP70
Phoenix with -max res, 60% less regen (Phoenix teleports everywhere):
https://youtu.be/VUhjD136ta0

Waiting for Minotaur and Hydra drop...
P/s: my internet sucks.

Contact me in game @ShieldwithaSword
Last edited by Brown14 on Sep 7, 2017, 11:33:59 AM
Last bumped on Sep 18, 2017, 11:25:21 AM
Awesome i was looking for something like this, thanks for posting!
"
themalvious wrote:
Awesome i was looking for something like this, thanks for posting!

Thank you for your feedback, just updated some stats and screen shots
Good build
Enjoying it so far in hc at level 60.

Im a bit concerned with the lack of life nodes

Would you build this any different for hc?
"
Csirac wrote:
Good build
Enjoying it so far in hc at level 60.

Im a bit concerned with the lack of life nodes

Would you build this any different for hc?

Thanks for the feedback, you can drop the Strong Arm cluster in Marauder area to get more life in ranger starting point. Don't use Belly, aim for a high armour with 100+ life chest.

I saw your profile, i suggest leaving the crit nodes for later and get life first (once you able to buy a Foil with 300pdps with at least 6.5 crit).

Other than that, dropping any of the damage nodes will make you struggle in high maps.

I've already optimized this char as much as possible (defensive-wise). With Slayer endless leech + maximum life leech per second, you actually have much more effective life pool than mormal. As long as you are leeching something, you are very hard to die, even volatiles mobs (tested on my 6k life char), though you have to watch out on ele weakness or -max res maps or no leech maps.

For HC, i suggest using Writhing jar, pop 1 before engaging bosses and you'll gain 20% overkill damage on the worms as effective life, very useful against 1 shot from sudden boss attack.

OR you can go gladiator and drop some more block nodes to get more life, but thats not the point of this build anymore :D
Last edited by Brown14 on Mar 26, 2017, 10:08:41 AM
Update mapping guide
Thanks for the quick reply!

Would you think it's a good idea to maybe go brutal favour first before headsman since I'm quite far off from uber lab? (haven't done trials this season yet)
"
Csirac wrote:

Would you think it's a good idea to maybe go brutal favour first before headsman since I'm quite far off from uber lab? (haven't done trials this season yet)

You play hc right ? its better to get Headsman first so you don't have to worry about reflect anymore.
"
Brown14 wrote:
"
Csirac wrote:

You play hc right ? its better to get Headsman first so you don't have to worry about reflect anymore.

Cheers thanks again for the guide and advice.
Add new gameplay video

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info