[2.6] CI FrostBlades Raider/Pathfinder [Permafreeze T15 bosses, 4:17 Shaper Run, 1:49 Chayula timer]

"
jacynthe wrote:
Thanks for nice build!
Got a question about links. I checked Mathil's FB pathfinder aswell, he doesn't use meleephys cause it doesn't affect second part of FB damage. So i'd like to know is it really so important part of dps or not. Thanks beforehand.
P.S. he uses FB + WED + FA + ColdPen + Multistrike + IncCrit.

Hey, you're welcome! The projectile aspect of Frost Blades is essentially for killing trash mobs, and you don't need a 6L for that. As such, you can afford to sacrifice 2 gem slots to boost your single target DPS, which is effectively the limiting factor in a Frost Blades build anyway. With FB - WED - Multistrike and Incr. Crit you already have a 4L for the projectile component of Frost Blades.

"
Kramerika wrote:
adding on to jacynthe post about mathil's build, how bout using his setup with herald of ice + curse on hit + assassins mark for power charge generation instead of herald of ash?

I know you described herald of ash as better than herald of ice but for poor people like me that cant afford skyforth haha

Or is it really that much better (herald of ash) in order for us to completely skip using assassins mark and just go completely with elemental weakness with power charge on hit and orb of storms?

I think what @tgodoy85 said summed it up very well! Another option of you're willing to forego fortify on Shield Charge is to link Shield Charge with Faster Attacks, Curse on Hit and Assassin's Mark to curse mobs and generate power charges while not compromising on the fast-paced gameplay style of Frost Blades.

"
Tanakeah wrote:
Quick question about Cold Pen as well.

I see that you're not using the Cold Penetration gem at all, but instead you're adding on MFD in its stead. Is that overall better to use that gem compared to Cold Pen, especially in maps where enemies get a boost to their elemental defenses via map mods? Granted, I don't have a pair of gloves with the Ele. Curse On Hit corruption on it. So was wondering if sticking with Cold pen is better overall in my case or would I have better luck recoloring my chest and going for MFD?

Using Path of Building, even if I were to disable elemental weakness and fight a map boss with +extra 40% cold resists (for a total of 70% cold res), MFD still outperforms Cold Pen. Reason is because even without Elemental Weakness, you will already have enough penetration from:

1. 2 x 15% from threshold jewels
2. 20% from Frost Bomb
3. 10% from Pathfinder's Veteran Bowyer
4. Wise Oak (20% if Raider, 30% if PF)

For a total of 90% penetration if Pathfinder or 70% penetration if Raider.

Once you reduce an enemy's cold res to 0%, cold pen becomes effectively a 37% more damage multiplier and loses out to all the other gems that provide higher 'more' danage. It thus becomes the 7th best gem to use in a 6L and is ranked behind:

1. WED
2. Ele Focus
3. MPD and MDFL
5. Multistrike
6. Hypothermia

It is for that reason I don't use Cold Pen.

"
tgodoy85 wrote:

Since we're talking gear... Invalesco, what do you think I need to focus now, really hard to get upgrades atm.

Picture showing buffed DPS (with Hypothermia + Inc Crit Strikes). Thanks again!

Thanks for your 2c input, I fully agree with you!

To be honest, I think your gear is great as it is and is more than sufficient for the game's content. The most significant upgrades you can make at this point (which are purely QOL upgrades) will be a Skyforth and a corrupted Shaper's Touch, both of which will be costly (how in the world has a Shaper's Touch corrupted with ele weakness gone all the way up to 9 Ex?!). Until I get those two items, I probably wouldn't be too willing to splurge on anything else to be honest, as none of the possible upgrades for your other pieces of gear (aside from an even better claw) will have as much of an impact as the SF and a corrupted Shaper's Touch.

"

Sometimes lucky? Alted Dictator's + a shitty suffix and regaled Merciless? :)

Wow gratz! that %IPD is bonkers! 416 PDPS... It's better than mine, and its a multi-mod craft! That'll be a great candidate for an eternal crafting project if you're willing haha

Man, some people get all the RNG :p

"
XNOTE wrote:
Is everyone going Pathfinder regardless? What if I already have solid T16+ farmer for bosses and want something T15 below and fast? Raider seems to be good option or Pathfinder trivializes it all? (P.S. got nice flasks like taste of hate to spare)

Also, what would your ideal 5L setup be (raider and path)?

If your main aim is to obliterate T15 quickly, its no contest. Raider is way better because of the bonus damage from the Frenzy Charges as well as all the extra move speed and attack speed, which will make for faster-paced gameplay. With all frenzy charges up, Raider will outdps Pathfinder (assuming both have the same flasks up).

My ideal 5L setup would be dependent on the Claw I have. If I have Touch of Anguish, I would also go for a 5L of FB - WED - MS - MPD - MDFL as Touch of Anguish would provide a free 4th link (chain). If I'm using a rare claw, I'd go for a 5L of FB - WED - MS - MPD - Hypothermia, thus maintaining a 4L for the projectile aspect while not losing too much single target damage.

"
Uyuhk wrote:
Hi, first of all nice guide and spot on explanation about resistance. I am kinda new about crit raiders and haven't been playing poe for a while so I just wanted to ask whether picking up a few more power charges (passive tree + losing the frenzy from merciless bandit) would allow me to reach higher crit easily and eventually drop the quartz flask for a better one or make other adjustments on gear/passive. Or is it just better to get as many frenzy as possible as a raider? I hope you understand what I mean.

Hi, thanks! Picking that one extra power charge won't have as much of an impact on your DPS and clear speed compared to getting that extra frenzy charge as raider. I would go for the frenzy charge.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Hey Invalesco, i am currently building your build(is that how to say it?)
I am currently lvl 79 and have gotten most of the important passive nodes damage wise.
And my dps hovers at around 72k unbuffed. Could you look over my gear and tell me what to upgrade as it was already pretty pricy for some pieces. I have no bummer how you got that much dmg.
"
Invalesco wrote:

"
tgodoy85 wrote:

Since we're talking gear... Invalesco, what do you think I need to focus now, really hard to get upgrades atm.

Picture showing buffed DPS (with Hypothermia + Inc Crit Strikes). Thanks again!

Thanks for your 2c input, I fully agree with you!

To be honest, I think your gear is great as it is and is more than sufficient for the game's content. The most significant upgrades you can make at this point (which are purely QOL upgrades) will be a Skyforth and a corrupted Shaper's Touch, both of which will be costly (how in the world has a Shaper's Touch corrupted with ele weakness gone all the way up to 9 Ex?!). Until I get those two items, I probably wouldn't be too willing to splurge on anything else to be honest, as none of the possible upgrades for your other pieces of gear (aside from an even better claw) will have as much of an impact as the SF and a corrupted Shaper's Touch.

Yeah, the problem is that I need SF first in order to use EW Shaper's because I run with HoI + AM for power charges.

About Claws, people are putting absurd prices on less than 400 dps weapons, totally bonkers. I'm actually trying to craft a decent one with multimod only but the amount of alts required to achieve T1 + T1 or T1 + T2 is out of this world. About that, IMperial Claw remains the best base for crafting??

Last edited by tgodoy85 on Apr 4, 2017, 3:14:09 PM
What do you think about using Alchemist's Quicksilver of Adrenaline in place of a Silver flask of Adrenaline on a Pathfinder? Wouldn't this be a huge clear speed boost?
Would you say that im better off saving for skyforth or buying ele weakness shaper's touch for around 9ex?
"
Gamersheim wrote:
I am currently lvl 79 and have gotten most of the important passive nodes damage wise.
And my dps hovers at around 72k unbuffed. Could you look over my gear and tell me what to upgrade as it was already pretty pricy for some pieces. I have no bummer how you got that much dmg.

Heya, you can say whatever you want haha! Looking at your character atm you have approx 107k DPS in your hideout with just the golem and auras which frankly speaking is very decent DPS for your level and gear. I was doing worse DPS than that at 82 thats for sure!

You've actually still got alot more DPS nodes to grab. Looking at the tree you've still got a bunch of jewel sockets and a dps cluster over at ranger if you wish to for it to try and attain my level of DPS (coz thats the cluster i grabbed).

If you use my tree, and assuming all your sockets have jewels identical to your Kraken Scar, even with your gear, you'll reach 170k DPS in hideout. For reference, my char does about 305k with the same links in hideout. The rest of the difference is then likely due to difference in claw pDPS as well as jewellery.

"
tgodoy85 wrote:

Yeah, the problem is that I need SF first in order to use EW Shaper's because I run with HoI + AM for power charges.

About Claws, people are putting absurd prices on less than 400 dps weapons, totally bonkers. I'm actually trying to craft a decent one with multimod only but the amount of alts required to achieve T1 + T1 or T1 + T2 is out of this world. About that, IMperial Claw remains the best base for crafting??

True, although you may wish to obtain a blue dream as a stop-gap measure in the meantime if you wish. Exalts seem to be dropping so it'll probably be a good time soon. Ya, claw crafting can be tough. You'll want to consult w888u on that. He's already made a 380 pdps claw and then subsequently a 417 pdps claw by alt crafting. Eye Gouger is actually the best base for crafting for this particular build coz of the higher base crit chance.

"
What do you think about using Alchemist's Quicksilver of Adrenaline in place of a Silver flask of Adrenaline on a Pathfinder? Wouldn't this be a huge clear speed boost?

I think you can definitely use that! Its all a case of whether you prefer to run around or shield charge around. I tend to shield charge around so a silver flask is better for that because of the faster attack speed (and also because I like to have all my flasks be dps boosters for boss encounters and having a quicksilver flask doesn't really fulfil that criteria).

"
imSiankO wrote:
Would you say that im better off saving for skyforth or buying ele weakness shaper's touch for around 9ex?

I think you're better off saving for skyforths for the time being as it'll make a larger impact. With 9 ex worth of currency, I imagine you'd have a fair chance of buying and corrupting ele weakness on your own pair of shaper's touch gloves.

edit: on a side note, selling this ammy for 2 ex if anyone's interested:

Its quite similar to my current one
which i got for 4 ex.
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Apr 5, 2017, 10:00:44 AM
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Gamersheim wrote:

Heya, you can say whatever you want haha! Looking at your character atm you have approx 107k DPS in your hideout with just the golem and auras which frankly speaking is very decent DPS for your level and gear. I was doing worse DPS than that at 82 thats for sure!

You've actually still got alot more DPS nodes to grab. Looking at the tree you've still got a bunch of jewel sockets and a dps cluster over at ranger if you wish to for it to try and attain my level of DPS (coz thats the cluster i grabbed).

If you use my tree, and assuming all your sockets have jewels identical to your Kraken Scar, even with your gear, you'll reach 170k DPS in hideout. For reference, my char does about 305k with the same links in hideout. The rest of the difference is then likely due to difference in claw pDPS as well as jewellery.

I almost got the currency for skyforth, you think it is worth it? Then i can grab a new ring instead of valyrium. Or should i buy a 377pDPS claw? I tested a 330pDPS claw and it only gave me about 5k unbuffed dps. A better ring could give me more i think
A few things.

1: What do you think of using Vinktar's with phys conversion to get a ton of leech? I know this would be lower sheet DPS, I'm not sure how much less though. But since you have no source of shock I'm sure it would actually be more total DPS with the 50% more multiplier.

1.5: Why do you have no source of shock such as Vaal Lightning Trap? This wouldn't help with your shaper run but any guardian or chayula would be a huge DPS boost for one socket.

2: What do you think about running Pierce instead of Hypothermia and picking up 3 points worth of pierce chance on the tree to get 100% pierce chance? It would hurt your single target but it might be worth on the mapping setup to make the clear so much better.
Last edited by ChadCWizzyWarden on Apr 5, 2017, 10:55:01 PM
"
Gamersheim wrote:

I almost got the currency for skyforth, you think it is worth it? Then i can grab a new ring instead of valyrium. Or should i buy a 377pDPS claw? I tested a 330pDPS claw and it only gave me about 5k unbuffed dps. A better ring could give me more i think

Yup I think a Skyforth would aid your character and gameplay QOL much more. Skyforths also generally do not reduce much in price whereas weapons will once better weapons appear on the market, not that there are many great claws on the market atm. Probably not that many people crafting claws.

"
A few things.

1: What do you think of using Vinktar's with phys conversion to get a ton of leech? I know this would be lower sheet DPS, I'm not sure how much less though. But since you have no source of shock I'm sure it would actually be more total DPS with the 50% more multiplier.

1.5: Why do you have no source of shock such as Vaal Lightning Trap? This wouldn't help with your shaper run but any guardian or chayula would be a huge DPS boost for one socket.

2: What do you think about running Pierce instead of Hypothermia and picking up 3 points worth of pierce chance on the tree to get 100% pierce chance? It would hurt your single target but it might be worth on the mapping setup to make the clear so much better.

1. If I were to get Vinktar's, I would use the variant that adds base lightning damage to attacks rather than the conversion variant. it would fulfil the same purpose (shocking) while increasing your dps instead of reducing it. Yup it would result in increased total DPS with the shock modifier. I just feel like the benefit offered by Vinktar's isn't worth the price of it especially when shock immunity exists. I just like flasks that can be applied to all situations, but that's just me. Feel free to use it if you wish!

1.5. I already have 2 skills I tend to use prior to fighting a boss: Ancestral Warchief and Frost Bomb. I'm not very keen on the idea of adding another skill to it, especially once that requires careful aiming to trigger the effect (Frost Bomb has a nice AoE so I tend to just place it in the general direction of the boss rather than aim properly, I'm kinda lazy in that aspect). You can definitely use Lightning Trap if you wish! For me its just a playstyle preference.

2. Frost blades has really great clear speed with Herald of Ash as long as you have enough modifiers/multipliers to make the overkill damage significant. In that regard, Hypothermia is better because being a 'more' multiplier, it improves your overkill damage and thus HoA ignite and subsequently clear speed significantly more. Pierce takes up a gem slot which gimps your single target DPS, which really is the limiting factor of Frost Blades.

- If you have a 300-350 pDPS claw and you wish to use Pierce, you're really better off just using a 280+ pDPS Touch of Anguish with a good 6L set-up and benefit from the Chain effect of ToA. You'll have better clear speed and single target damage.

- If you have a >350 pDPS claw, you don't even need to use Pierce. You're already clearing mobs quickly enough for it to have negligible impact.

If you're interested in the AoE clearing aspect of Frost Blades, have a look at my chayula run: https://youtu.be/9ZWYc6uztus

The timer was at 1:09. Afaik there hasn't yet been another build which can boast a time of >1 min, much less 1:09 (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that count). 1:09 is already close to the fastest that one can get in a chayula breachstone run seeing as we can still see the outer limit of the expanding breach at the end. Even with my setup that was meant for single target DPS, you can see that the rares still take longer to die than the trash mobs. If I were to use Pierce in that setup, it wouldn't have improved my aoe clear speed by much. Instead, my single target DPS would have suffered significantly and I don't think I'd have been able to reach 1:09.
Build of the Week 14
This is a bit funny, troll idea. But do you think using voidheart (foil) could somehow benefit us - especially single target?
Hello world.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info