Tier 8+ maps?

Thx for all the responses, but i still have a question, which maps can drop for example from a tier 5 map? tier 1-2-3-4-5-6 and 7 from boss? Or only tier 4-6?

It's all very confusing for me, some guides say do only a certain variety of maps, to get more of those maps, while others say complete all tier 1-10 maps.
from T5 map, you can get 1, 2,3, 4,5, 6, 7 maps.
seriously, map sustainability now with Atlas is so much easier than before for anything lower than T13.
just make sure your atlas bonus is 100+, that is the most critical factor of your map running.
like I said before in the reply post, you shouldn't have any issue with yellow maps at all, it is literally unlimited supply.
T11-13 is almost so.
T14+ then depends on the build, you do need to roll the map mode for pack size and add some sextant mode to sustain.

"
Grimstarz wrote:
Thx for all the responses, but i still have a question, which maps can drop for example from a tier 5 map? tier 1-2-3-4-5-6 and 7 from boss? Or only tier 4-6?

It's all very confusing for me, some guides say do only a certain variety of maps, to get more of those maps, while others say complete all tier 1-10 maps.
"
Grimstarz wrote:

Tier 5 maps would be able to drop maps from tier 1 to tier 7. Tier 6 can only be dropped by magic, rares and bosses and tier 7 can only be dropped by bosses. Basically, the drop range is tier 1 to the current tier + 2, with tier 16, Shaper being the highest possible. This is assuming the atlas isn't limiting the drops.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
btw people t11 maps are not real red maps . i feel we should make that clear. they are yellow maps ggg for some silly reason bumped up to red tier .. but they are not difficult to sustain at all

"btw people t6 maps are not real yellow maps . i feel we should make that clear. they are white maps ggg for some silly reason bumped up to yellow tier .. but they are not difficult to sustain at all"

Do not forget about this too, Salty. ;)

Though, before Atlas came, I found it really hard to get t11 maps (when map was nerfed in 2.0) and to some extent t10 maps too, so I was mostly stuck on t7-t9 maps. I only had like two t12 maps drop on me ever before Atlas came by, after that I lost count how many times it has dropped. It is now easy to sustain t10-t12 maps while occassionally running some t13-t14 maps. My map experience has been fun since Atlas has been implemented.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"

Dear god how many people still don't understand how the atlas bonus works in 2017 lol. It's not a 100% (guaranteed) chance of getting a +1 map. It's a 2x (double) the chance from a map drop, which may or may not happen as map drops themselves are rather low.

What's a 100% increase of 5%? It's definitely not 100%... cheese and rice.

Well apparently YOU dont understand how the Atlas Bonus works...

With 125% Completion Bonus this means ALL maps that drop will be GUARANTEED +1 of that drop meaning once you have over 100%+ completion it is impossible to ever see a Tier:1 map ever again because if one does drop it rolls Tier:2 Instead. (Except in Zana Missions) With 125% there's a 25% Chance of it being +2.

So if a tier:1 was to drop it has a 25% Chance to roll Tier:3. If you are in a Tier:6 map then if a Tier:5 drops it will automatically be Tier:6 instead with 25% chance to be Tier:7. And so on.

+2 Map Drops of course still follow normal Drop restrictions meaning it can +2 up to +1 on a magic/rare and +2 on the boss of the tier you're running. Essentially would mean an additional 25% for the boss to drop +2 on top of the already 20% chance for all boss's to drop +2 maps which is why Atlas completion to 100% is so important to getting into Red Maps and why anything you can get above and beyond 100% Completion is key to Sustaining Red Tier Maps. Provided of course you ALWAYS kill the Boss.

The biggest key ive found in my exp with Atlas the past two leagues (Both of which ive respectively completed 123% in Essence and 124% in Breach) Is to first complete ALL White Tier maps as you go. This can easily be achieved between 3:1 vendor Recipe, Buying maps from Zana, And if need be trading with friends/guild mates for maps you are missing with maps they are missing. The last is pretty much key to ALL maps especially once you get into Reds. You'll want to trade around maps your missing with others who are missing the maps you have. Global 820 is a great place if you are limited on Friends/Guild Mates.

From there same thing goes for Yellow Tier Maps. You'll want to fully complete ALL of those as well especially before seriously trying to break into Red Tiers. NO CHISELS up to this points are nessisary.
Once in Red maps this is where you will want to start Chiseling maps as well as Vaal maps in order to get completion. BUT keep in mind you do not have to Vaal Red Tier Maps to simply unlock them to drop. So at this point you could work together with people and join on boss kills of maps you do not have unlocked to at least unlock them to drop no matter what you are running on the atlas which can be helpful but certainly not nessisary.

Something else that is helpful is to try to always have at least one map +2 of the map you are running unlocked somewhere on the atlas.. Anywhere on the atlas. So say you are running mostly T9 maps you want to atleast have a T11 unlocked. Otherwise you will not see +2 drops from boss's. So always run the highest map you've seen drop as soon as you see it for this reason. That way when you drop back down it can start dropping no matter where you are on the atlas which helps ALOT. This is where grabbing a boss kill from a friend can be helpful if you have not seen a T11 yet but have tons of T9s ready to run.

Personally ive found i dont really need to start trading around too much for missing maps till im in Red Tier Maps Thanks to Zana and 3:1 recipe and just mapping normally. Especially the higher i go. Normally around T13+ is where i have to start breaking down and buying missing maps or trading around with others just so i can keep my map pool strong and to of course speed up the process of completion. Doing this in the end is worth it IMO because once the maps are completed and you have 110%-115%+ You should have zero issues sustaining your Red Tier mapping if you are rolling and running maps correctly and again ALWAYS killing the Boss. I normally chain T13s and 14s while saving up 15s and Guardians till i hit a lvl (SC) at which point then i will run my 15s and guardian maps and even Shaper. But again the key to Sustaining map drops is Completing ALL maps that you can while working your way up this includes Unique maps which half of those are cheap to buy and worth your time to buy and complete for the bonus.

Hope this helps some people out. Mapping is indeed worlds easier to sustain in AOW by a very VERY large margin. Its all about completing maps simple as that. Shaped Atlas is another topic but long story short even those who do Shaped Atlas's still complete EVERYTHING they can with the exception of the maps they leave off to force their maps they only want to drop. They ONLY leave off the maps they have to ad because some maps will not be giving bonus Unique maps being completed are even more important in those setups as well as being even more picky about map rolls to some extent. Fully completed atlas's make it so you dont need to spend all this currency to get insane quant and pack size you just roll the map to make it comfortable and runnable for your build. typically Alc and GO.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Mar 17, 2017, 6:00:13 PM
Atlas is your saviour dude.
Just complele all t1 to 11 maps on the atlas. By then you have no trouble sustaining red maps ever.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
"
habeo wrote:
Just complele all t1 to 11 maps on the atlas. By then you have no trouble sustaining red maps ever.

Guess i'll have to do this. I'm lv 89 running tier 10-13 maps, and almost never getting such a tier or higher in return, getting tier 1-9 mostly.

I serieusly hope this changes once i start completing my atlas, cause having to buy my maps from players, and seeing my high tier map pool running out is becoming frutrating.
I have a friend that I compare drops with quite often, and his luck past t8 is pretty terrible as well. I have 64map completion bonus on my atlas and find that using chisels/alchemy orbs on any map under t11 is a waste of resources. I can run more lower tiered maps faster by transmuting them and giving them the mods I prefer via alterations if needed. I also run every UNID map I can. I find myself getting at least 1 higher tier map drop a run, sometimes 2. At times I even find 3-5.

I recommend doing maps for the completion bonus by raring/corrupting but then only run magic and rare/magic unid.
Side note, don't run rare unid if you fear a certain mod.

This is my personal opinion.
Closed Beta Since 0.9.8
"Show me a game where it looks good please : P not real life. Alot of things don't transfer well from real life to games. Mainly spell effects seeing as they dont exist in real life." - Russell
While I see many ppl on forum say "its not hard to sustain maps", it's still very much RNG based from my experience.
In Breach I had no problems sustaining T11+ maps and didn't even hit lvl 90 on any of the chars plus my Atlas was like 60+ complete, while here in Legacy I have 93 Atlas completion and I ran around 150+ T8-T0 maps all together and I cant even sustain T10 map pool to such extend that I bought some T10 maps today for the first time in like a year... I only have around 15 T11/12 maps from all this time and I'm afraid to run them since I am sure I'm not getting the returns...
RNG is a harsh mistress... :(
Tears make streams. Fish live in streams. I like fish.
/MonstaMunch
Last edited by Powderoff on Mar 23, 2017, 4:55:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info