Tier 8+ maps?

Hi, after a break of around 2years, i started playing again in legacy league. I'm level 86, and i'm constantly doing tier 6-7 maps, which is starting to get frustrating. Is this the end-game poe has to offer?
Running the same tier maps --> getting a tier 8 map --> doing that tier 8 map and hoping for a tier 9-10-11 map --> not getting anything --> repeat?

I dont have enough chisels to be able to afford making every white map 20%, and i alchemy every map i do lately. Today i did 4 rare tier 7 maps, and i didnt get a single tier 8+ map from it, i really like this game and the build i have atm, but i really dont know how to solve this. Do i have to buy tier 9+ maps from poe.trade?
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2017, 5:08:55 PM
buy higher tier map and make your atlas bonus 100+, after that, you will never need to buy yellow maps, and almost sustainable T11-13, and many T14+maps.

don't depend on RNG, use science.
Last edited by MALDIms on Mar 16, 2017, 5:07:24 PM
"
Grimstarz wrote:
Hi, after a break of around 2years, i started playing again in legacy league. I'm level 86, and i'm constantly doing tier 6-7 maps, which is starting to get frustrating. Is this the end-game poe has to offer?
Running the same tier maps --> getting a tier 8 map --> doing that tier 8 map and hoping for a tier 9-10-11 map --> not getting anything --> repeat?

I dont have enough chisels to be able to afford making every white map 20%, and i alchemy every map i do lately. Today i did 4 rare tier 7 maps, and i didnt get a single tier 8+ map from it, i really like this game and the build i have atm, but i really dont know how to solve this. Do i have to buy tier 9+ maps from poe.trade?

Level zana,learn to read the atlas so you know adjacent maps.Trading is not required at all,that's why you see ssf progressing nicely.I am at t11 ATM,so no,trading is not necessary

Also trade 3 lower tiers to higher,this will also help
Bye bye desync!
Last edited by elwindakos on Mar 16, 2017, 5:22:42 PM
1)Use chisels ONLY on red maps t12+ otherwise it isnt worth it...

2)buy all the lower tier maps that you are missing and as many cheap Unique maps run them all for the atlas bonus

3)buy/find red maps that you dont have again for the atlas and run them

4)buy t16 maps they cost around 20c now,run them and sell the fragments they cost 11-14c.So the cost of t16 maps is like 6c-9c considering all the drops you get there it is nothing,how are you people still can't sustain maps is beyond me...

*If someone dont want to trade for maps that is HIS choice game cant/shouldnt be balance around that...
Last edited by darkegor on Mar 16, 2017, 6:21:30 PM
"
MALDIms wrote:
buy higher tier map and make your atlas bonus 100+, after that, you will never need to buy yellow maps, and almost sustainable T11-13, and many T14+maps.

Dear god how many people still don't understand how the atlas bonus works in 2017 lol. It's not a 100% (guaranteed) chance of getting a +1 map. It's a 2x (double) the chance from a map drop, which may or may not happen as map drops themselves are rather low.

What's a 100% increase of 5%? It's definitely not 100%... cheese and rice.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Dear god how many people still don't understand

You for example. Atlas bonus has nothing to do with the chance of dropping a map. It gives a chance to upgrade a dropped map to a higher tier.

Example :
With 100% atlas bonus a mob that would drop a tier 5 map will instead drop a tier 6 map.
Last edited by Yesu on Mar 16, 2017, 11:07:54 PM
"
Yesu wrote:
"
Dear god how many people still don't understand

You for example. Atlas bonus has nothing to do with the chance of dropping a map. It gives a chance to upgrade a dropped map to a higher tier.

Example :
With 100% atlas bonus a mob that would drop a tier 5 map will instead drop a tier 6 map.
except you are already in t5, in which case it'll do exactly nothing (in case of white mobs ofc)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Grimstarz wrote:

I'm not finding it a issue like it used to be. I have a ton of 9's, 10's, 11's and 12's now. ( I'm pushing 12's but not in a hurry)
"
"
MALDIms wrote:

Dear god how many people still don't understand how the atlas bonus works in 2017 lol. It's not a 100% (guaranteed) chance of getting a +1 map. It's a 2x (double) the chance from a map drop, which may or may not happen as map drops themselves are rather low.

What's a 100% increase of 5%? It's definitely not 100%... cheese and rice.

It seems you have no clue how the atlas bonus works.

The atlas bonus represents a % chance for a given map that drops to drop a tier higher. Go over 100% and it can drop two tiers higher.

So if you dont know how to roll your maps and got no maps before a high atlas bonus, you wont get more maps with a high atlas bonus either. The bonus also cant jump ranks, so white mobs will still drop @ map level, magic mobs +1 and rares +2.

So next time before you rage at someone for beeing wrong, at least put in the 30 seconds needed to check your facts.
Atlas bonus definitely has improved the quality of map drops for me. I never had issues having maps drop on me, it was mostly the quality was very mediocre before Atlas patch.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info