Spin to Win - Uber Lab Farming Build for Hardcore Leagues

Typical run taken today with video commentary

Does this guide really work?
Spoiler

Dear all
Spoiler
I will be sharing a build I have been playing that can comfortably farm Uber lab. I've been having a lot of fun with the play style of cyclone because it's a true in your face melee skill. The end game grind screenshot above is from the hardcore legacy league.

Level 80 Passive Tree

Ascendency Choices
Spoiler
Endless Hunger, Brutal Fervor, Bane of Legends, Headsman
Spoiler

Traps
Spoiler
I think traps are the most dangerous part of the lab without proper defense. The single best way to mitigate trap damage is using endurance charges. This build makes use of 9 endurance charges. Other effective ways of mitigating trap damage include: a basalt flask, life regen %, a Leo crafted shield with reduced damage taken overtime, and using writhing jar flask to kill worms and leech.

Swirling Dicks - Dangerous. These are the most dangerous traps in the lab and can kill us if we stand in them for 4 second straight. I recommend keeping up full endurance charges when an instance contains these. I prepot a basalt flask when I run through them.

Blade Sentries - Safe. These traps are easy for us. We can stand in them and regen through the damage

Spiked Floor - Safe. This trap is annoying because it blocks the use of all movement skills. Use a bleed flask when you get punctured and you'll easily regen through the damage.

Poison Darts on ESPN - Safe. These cause us no problem at all since we regen through the damage faster than the traps can fire.

Fire - Easy. I recommend not standing in them too long ala Darren Brown the vampire, trials of fire.

Strategy against Izaro:
Spoiler
As Izaro rises from his room, cast ancestral watching totem, and activate blood rage. Then hit your basalt flask just before he starts moving. You'll learn the timing and rhythm. . The basalt will help mitigate his first attack on you, giving you time to start your leech.

Easy buffs-
Leutenents - Izaro summons three king sized skeletons who rise from the ground and attack you. Their damage is pathetic. However, you have to be aware not to kill them because that will prevent you Izaro from dropping another key. Lion's Roar flask is a help her because while active, your ancestral war chief totem will knock the melee skeletons back and prevent them from getting in the way while you burst down Izaro with cyclone.
Portals - Great for our damage because the Slayer gains onslaught for 20 seconds when he kills a unique skeleton.
Fonts - Easy because endurance charges let us cap resists with elemental weakness. I bring a warding basalt flask though to
Speed up the fight since temporal chains lowers our damage.
Idols - Just ignore these since we out leech their explosion dps. Make sure that you let each idol activate once so that Izaro drops an extra key. And enjoy that extra key bitch.

Medium buffs:
gargoyles- slows down our clear speed by imbuing Izaro with iron skin and giving him more damage. Not dangerous on their own though; only when combined with other medium buffs. Make sure not to kill any of the gargoyles. Use the same strategy as with Lieutenants with your totem and lion's roar flask.
Super Charges - make sure you have your own endurance charges up and dps Izaro, ignore the disruptors. Izaro needs to gain 10 charges to merit an extra key drop.
Conduits and essences - I am putting these together because they do the same thing. I am very careful when running these mods because they grant Izaro a shitload of elemental damage. I don't run any elemental flasks so these really hurt.

Buffs can ONLY kill you if you combine two or more medium buffs together. You should farm the shit out of double easy buff days, one easy and one hard and days. Skip days where he has two medium buffs as he will one shot you.

Gems and Links:
Spoiler
This build makes efficient use of links.

Primary damage:
Cyclone + Fortify + Added Fire + Concentrated Effect in our Bringer of Rain

Utility:
Cast When Damage Taken + Summon Skeletons + Vulnerability

For endurance and frenzy charges:
Enduring Cry + Blood Rage + Blood Magic + Increased Duration

For Movement:
Fortify + Leapslam + Faster Attacks

For Auras:
Hatred + Herald of Ash + Arctic Armor. Ancestral Warchief is also slotted in here.

Let's talk about gear. Cornerstones of the build:
Spoiler

Kaom's Way rings. Equipping two of these provide +2 endurance charges and 0.8% life regen per second per endurance charge. I used one of these and one resist ring for a while. Two is more comfortable though.

Leo Crafted evasion shield: gives us a good chance to evade against blinded enemies, block chance, and up to 20% less damage taken from traps. Prioritize life, resist and one open suffix for the craft.

Bringer of Rain - provides 20-30 added physical damage, and gives us block and blind.

Gear Continued:
Spoiler

Use a 225+ dps one hander, like a rare weapon or the unique axe soul taker.

Gloves should have life and resists. Bonus if they have attack speed (can be crafted as a suffix from Haku for 4 chaos), or added physical damage.

Boots should be rare with resists and life and 25%+ movement speed.

Belt should be a rare rustic, heavy, or leather belt with resists, life, weapon elemental, or flask gained or duration.

Amulet should be a rare with physical damage, life and resists.

2 instant life flasks: seething or bubbling of " " secondary mods are up to you.

I consider Lion's Roar an important part of the setup as it provides a more % melee physical modifier.
Basalt flask for going through traps and for the Izaro fight

Atziri's Promise for leech and damage.

My current gear at level 87:
This gear is pretty min maxed to take advantage of the curse enchant.
Spoiler

Stretch items:
Spoiler

Voidheart iron ring will speed up your runs. It's not necesary. I did 100 runs without using it. I bought one for 15 chaos in hardcore legacy.
Taste of Hate - an extra 30% of physical damage as cold and 20% of physical taken as cold make this a sweet choice. I don't use one personally.
Legacy Bringer of Rain - a pure upgrade over the current version. Will allow us to drop block nodes from the tree and take more hp or damage.

Loots:
Spoiler

Credits to Mannistab for the idea
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Mar 17, 2017, 4:26:45 PM
Last bumped on Jun 15, 2017, 7:15:14 PM
Solid guide Daresso, congrats with the work. Lots of information here without dragging on in length.
My HC Race & PVP Rewards collection at /3140751. Please help me locate the few missing ones!
"
Broccolini wrote:
Solid guide Daresso, congrats with the work. Lots of information here without dragging on in length.

Thanks, Broccolini. Coming from a player like yourself, that complement means a lot.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Bandits?
Oak, Kraytin, Oak?
.-. .. -.- ..- -.- .-.. .- -.-- - --- -.
"
Special4ce wrote:
Bandits?
Oak, Kraytin, Oak?

Certainly Oak for first and last. Attack Speed, Physical Damage, and Passive are all pretty equal.
Why do u pick Slayer as Ascendancy when playing with 1h+shield?
I'm just curious and inexperienced ;-)
"
Why do u pick Slayer as Ascendancy when playing with 1h+shield?
I'm just curious and inexperienced ;-)

I think it is for the insane leech, immune to stun, damage you get from the tree.

I'm really considering switching from Nagamahu build to this one as it will be safer in the traps. But I'm concerned about the damage, Lagacy Soul Taker should be fine, but it's currently 800c in LHC...

Very nice guide!

Do you think a similiar build but with Cleave (for auto Fortify) could work?
Okay so I am almost level 82, and I am already doing UBER lab runs.
Very nice guide, quick and to the point.
Just finished my 7th run as well.
Thanks for the ingame tips! Let Chris Willson shower us in currency!

For anyone interested in my gear, or want to compare:
Spoiler

ty 4 scam <3

Edit: Refreshed my gear
.-. .. -.- ..- -.- .-.. .- -.-- - --- -.
Last edited by Special4ce on Mar 23, 2017, 10:22:22 PM
Well, nice build, enjoying it so far (though I haven't reached uber Lab yet). How well does it clear common shaped maps (strand, shore)? Is it possible to use another skill? Thanks in advance xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info