Add ability to skip lab and buy points

"
RannXeroxx wrote:
"
What are you comparing lab to when you say it takes too long? It's a full expansion, comparable to an act. It is definitely short compared to any of them and it's 100% optional. You should not get that for free just for leveling. That's ridiculous.

Please show me a build in all the build lists that has ascendancy as optional. Anyone who says this is full of it regardless of your feelings if it should be mandatory for points or not.
Pretty much any build prior to Ascendary's existence. Remember that the passive tree as it is now was first designed to take you to endgame content with each of the characters getting a much needed class revamp around the time Scion was coming out to help further define their roles, and the Ascendaries were later thrown on top of that.

Which leads me to what I consider one of the Ascension class concept's biggest failings: poor presentation and communication on who it's for. On the surface, it looks like a key part of everyone's builds that pretty much everyone plans around these days and an easy way for newer players to find direction for their character, but based on playing it feels much more like it was intended only for good builds to become better and it only frustrates anyone else that assumed that choosing an Ascendancy was a good start to planning a build.
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
"
RannXeroxx wrote:
"
What are you comparing lab to when you say it takes too long? It's a full expansion, comparable to an act. It is definitely short compared to any of them and it's 100% optional. You should not get that for free just for leveling. That's ridiculous.

Please show me a build in all the build lists that has ascendancy as optional. Anyone who says this is full of it regardless of your feelings if it should be mandatory for points or not.
Pretty much any build prior to Ascendary's existence. Remember that the passive tree as it is now was first designed to take you to endgame content with each of the characters getting a much needed class revamp around the time Scion was coming out to help further define their roles, and the Ascendaries were later thrown on top of that.

Which leads me to what I consider one of the Ascension class concept's biggest failings: poor presentation and communication on who it's for. On the surface, it looks like a key part of everyone's builds that pretty much everyone plans around these days and an easy way for newer players to find direction for their character, but based on playing it feels much more like it was intended only for good builds to become better and it only frustrates anyone else that assumed that choosing an Ascendancy was a good start to planning a build.

Actually, Ascendancies are helping differentiate those end game viable builds, and they have the merit of making those non-meta builds feel worthwhile, shortening the gap between the worst and the best. Everyone sees them only as power creep, but they actually made a lot more builds viable to reach at least yellow tier maps, so that the funkiness and the unoptiomal choice feel feasible a lot more than before...

More people than ever should be able to experience the higher end content, and get more invested while playing against the environment, as PvP still feel lacking due to imbalancing....
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
The only real problem i see is that if u die/dc u need to start over.

Most players arent speedrunners, have jobs etc. Just let us finish the lab, and if someone really wants, spam it.

Seriously, we dont play non hardcore leagues for a reason.
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

Actually, Ascendancies are helping differentiate those end game viable builds, and they have the merit of making those non-meta builds feel worthwhile, shortening the gap between the worst and the best. Everyone sees them only as power creep, but they actually made a lot more builds viable to reach at least yellow tier maps, so that the funkiness and the unoptiomal choice feel feasible a lot more than before...

More people than ever should be able to experience the higher end content, and get more invested while playing against the environment, as PvP still feel lacking due to imbalancing....
The ascendancy system helps endgame builds (because obviously they're the builds that are most easily able to get the points even if your build is suboptimal) but it is presented in a way that makes players assume they're supposed to get it anytime before then (like being scattered through the Act progression and being so heavily tied to lore). It feels like a massive conflict of what the developers intend and what players assume and can expect to do.
"
fryderyknicze wrote:

Most players arent speedrunners, have jobs etc. Just let us finish the lab, and if someone really wants, spam it.

Fryderyknicze, thank you for voicing your opinion on the boring and unfun Labyrinth even more flawed by not having portals. I've added you to the list at number 741. Over 290 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 740 posters in support As the list gets longer our voices grow stronger.

Here's a summary of fryderyknicze's profile.

Guild:
Izba Wytrzezwien

Last Visited:
Mar 21, 2017

Total Forum Posts:
64 (0.05 posts per day)

Fryderyknicze joined well before the horrible labyrinth, and has posted about a third of his posts prior to the labyrinth release. I will assert that fryderyknicze is not an alt account at the risk of enraging some people that wish to believe in silly conspiracy theories involving alt accounts being the vast majority of people on the list.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 22, 2017, 6:20:35 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
fryderyknicze wrote:

Fryderyknicze, thank you for voicing your opinion on the boring and unfun Labyrinth flawed by not having portals. I've added you to the list at number 741. Over 290 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 740 posters in support As the list gets longer our voices grow stronger.

Here's a summary of fryderyknicze's profile.

Guild:
Izba Wytrzezwien

Last Visited:
Mar 21, 2017

Total Forum Posts:
64 (0.05 posts per day)

Fryderyknicze joined well before the horrible labyrinth, and has posted about a third of his posts prior to the labyrinth release. I will assert that fryderyknicze is not an alt account at the risk of enraging some people that wish to believe in silly conspiracy theories involving alt accounts being the vast majority of people on the list.

This blatantly shows why your thread is pointless in gaining traction, because you take someone that says anything negative or constructive about the lab and put them on your list. Your list should only include people that want the lab to be 100% optional or AC points available outside the lab, because that is what you are fighting for.

The content was designed and is possible to do without death, so while he might dislike the inability to pickup where he left off, like the rest of the game, the content was designed with the rewards to only be given on full completion of the lab in one try.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Not having portals in the horrible labyrinth makes the labyrinth even more frustrating and horrible. Trades? phone rings? dog has to go outside? time for dinner? desynch killed you again? need to urinate?
If one is in the Labyrinth then these are very frustrating occurrences. GGG please fix this problem.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
Not having portals in the horrible labyrinth makes the labyrinth even more frustrating and horrible. Trades? phone rings? dog has to go outside? time for dinner? desynch killed you again? need to urinate?
If one is in the Labyrinth then these are very frustrating occurrences. GGG please fix this problem.

Fix the problem yourself. :)
  • Have your dinner
  • Take your piss
  • Take your dog out
  • Do anything else necessary to free up 30 mins of time
  • set "/autoreply running laby, if you're willing to wait I'll let you know when I'm done"
  • Let calls go to voicemail or get to a safe spot and answer
  • profit
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

• Have your dinner
  • Take your piss
  • Take your dog out
  • set "/autoreply running laby, if you're willing to wait I'll let you know when I'm done"
  • profit

That's just a dumb troll reply.

You cannot foresee a lot of RL events that can occur at any time. Not to mention the frequent " Client unexpectedly disconnected" errors, client crashes, network issues etc etc.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
Marinxar wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

• Have your dinner
  • Take your piss
  • Take your dog out
  • profit

That's just a dumb troll reply.

You cannot foresee a lot of RL events that can occur at any time. Not to mention the frequent " Client unexpectedly disconnected" errors, client crashes, network issues etc etc.

Is it really? Do you guys truly expect the devs to re-write everything because you don't know how to manage your own time?

Don't have 30 mins to dedicate to laby? Don't play the laby until you do.

Can't dedicate 30 mins to a game? You probably shouldn't be playing videogames then.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info