Add ability to skip lab and buy points

They will probably remove normal and cruel labs with 3.0 (thank god). Because normal and cruel will also be gone.
"
MajmuneGru wrote:

I'm not really sure if you understand what you're saying. You're blaming lab design due to the lack of time you have available in your life. Why don't you play WoW or something similar in time-consuming domain? Too much time consuming? Drop down to PoE? Still too much? Time to find another game, maybe Hearthstone fits more appropriately.

Considering the supporter tags, or lack thereof, next to your name and the tags next to mine, don't tell me to go play wow. Without people like me, you wouldn't be playing this or wow.

"
MajmuneGru wrote:

You are justifying your claims about bad lab design behind some abstract, subjective view your life requiring more time than you would like. The lab is fine, and you need to find time to finish the Trials and Ascend accordingly; either do it yourself, or pay someone to do it for you. If you're in such a clutch for time, I think you should not even be able to complain about lab in the first place, because you apparently cannot farm it (time constraint), which actually does require time; and thus that means you just need your points to make the game easier.

Apparently reading comprehension is not your strong suit. No one said anything about farming lab or bad design. We're talking about it being tedious, and repetitious.

Nothing in what I said would prevent you from doing that and farming it makes it worth the time investment. We don't have to do the trials over again. Do you have a problem with that too?

This is my downtime, my entertainment. It's not my job or my profession. Progression should not be artificially gated behind a time sink.

You like doing lab, then do it. Nothing in what I have said will stop you or impede you in any way.

"
MajmuneGru wrote:

I don't see it as a time sink but a general test of your character. If you're not able to bypass the traps, which are actually harder than uber Izaro himself, why would you have the right to Ascend? I see no problem, literally none,

The traps are not harder, they just require patience and taking your time. Something that is frustrating when you don't see them as a challenge but as a timesink and just want to get past them.

"
MajmuneGru wrote:
"the traps, which are actually harder than uber Izaro himself" ... all I see is people complaining how game is hard in some aspects and/or time consuming, and all they want is another power-creep.

The only one complaining about it being hard is you. I said it was a time sink, and it is. Doing it once is fun and fine. Doing it every time is a pain in ass.

As for power creep, seriously, who gives a shit on second and third characters. Remember, that's what we're talking about.

Enjoy your game, don't worry about how I enjoy mine.
Yes please. As someone with 200ms latency, I need the lab to go away. Or GGG can add a server in SA.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
Zloberik wrote:
They will probably remove normal and cruel labs with 3.0 (thank god). Because normal and cruel will also be gone.

Or they won't because they want people to be able to get the points at similar levels to where they can now.

IIRC they were making normal a bit shorter and uber a bit longer, but you still would run the lab 4 times, with trials spread out accordingly to the new act system.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
ewolow wrote:

I just wanted to congratulate you for the way you responded to Majmun. I don't have anything specific to add to the discussion other than that i completely identify myself with your original post. You kept a cool head & your mentality was impeccable.

I just felt an urge to say this because i also don't really appreciate being judged unfairly whenever i point a finger at a specific part of the Lab.

And because there is little point referring to this subject with "specifics", i will only say that i still cannot fathom there are people that actually believe the Lab doesn't need reworking (whatever that maybe).
Last edited by TauNeosorium on Mar 17, 2017, 9:03:51 AM
Remove damage traps and add actual puzzles.
The complaint is that lab is a time sink? The whole game is a time sink. There's no way that can be your actual problem with it, and it's like 10-15 minutes if you're moderately efficient about it. If 15 minutes is too much for you, then you're probably playing the wrong game. If it's taking longer than 15 minutes and you're unhappy about it, get better.
"
The complaint is that lab is a time sink? The whole game is a time sink. There's no way that can be your actual problem with it, and it's like 10-15 minutes if you're moderately efficient about it. If 15 minutes is too much for you, then you're probably playing the wrong game. If it's taking longer than 15 minutes and you're unhappy about it, get better.

Well, if you picked everything up and identified it, it will take longer than 15 minutes, heck I just ascendend another character and I fully cleared everything, as I played each version up to Merciless at a proper level, and it was as boring as you could have a content named "Labyrinth" - Izaro fights are worthwhile, but the gauntlets of traps that span for screens are there to just slow you down...

Oh, and I always use common sense instead of just jumping on Google and have the layout drawn before me, so by taking my time and playing Labyrinth for up to an hour at time seems far better than just being rushed by a carry that doesn't give a damn if you actually pass the trap gauntlets (especially during Uber)...

If more monsters were using traps as means to put you in difficult possitions, or if you could at least use more of the time traps to your advantage, and kill more difficult enemies, "Labyrinth" would be a whole lot better.

The game is a time sink, but by feeling that you have to waste your time either by navigating trap gauntlets or by fighting monsters, they over simplified a content that should felt like the pinacle of tactical approaches, instead of the plain "speed clearing meta"...

Having a ladder for the players that RUSH through the "Labyrinth" without fully clearing it is so sad and they wasted so much potential it's not even funny - heck at least they should have added fully buffed Izaro as a requirement too.

And not making "Labyrinth" a mandatory solo experience is at least "fixed" for those that play SSF, but I would prefer to have it "fixed" for all of us instead...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Mar 17, 2017, 2:18:50 PM
+1 --> we need an alternative way to skip lab pls
Thank you to the following three long time PoE players for voicing your opinion on the boring and not fun labyrinth. I've added your three account names to the list at Over 290 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 730 posters in support. As the list gets longer our voices grow stronger. There are now 735 account names in the list.

"
greenyadzer wrote:
Please add ability to skip labyrinth in some way.

My suggestions are next:

"
ewolow wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
The lab is not very time consuming, unless you simply refuse to use the resources available to you and back track constantly.

Compared to what? If you add the time it takes to complete all the trials and the lab in each difficulty, it's very time consuming, even if you skip silver keys and looking for Argus. Compared to the amount of maps you could clear in the same amount of time.

Lab is a nice challenge, but if you build alts, it just becomes a pain in the ass necessity to flesh out your builds.

I usually need to set aside time to do lab. I have a wife/kids/job and limited amounts of time. Lab requires a start to finish time commitment.

Not everyone that plays this game has that kind of time, and yes, that is using the maps in the lab.

I support the idea that once you have completed the labs a first time, maybe you can have portals past all the bullshit that slows you down, like have a portal to the first aspirant trial, then past Izaro, have another portal to the next aspirant trial, until you get to the end.

That way you still have to pass the fights but get to bypass the time sink.

"
Marinxar wrote:
Yes please. As someone with 200ms latency, I need the lab to go away. Or GGG can add a server in SA.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info