Developer Questions and Answers

Why is there a maximum amount of paid member size upgrades for guilds, and would it be possible to allow people to keep buying more?

Also, why do skull mtxes take up the primary head mtx slot? there are so many helmet+skull combinations I want to use, and they never seem to fit with the items that take head accessory slot
PoE Major achievements: 8/28/2016 - I chanced a Headhunter in a 144 leather belt chancing session
Last edited by ClockworkRampage on Mar 24, 2017, 1:38:15 AM
Any chance you'll give us the ability to configure chat colours ? Maybe this is already in game but I coudlnt find it anywhere. The guild chat is really easy to miss with everything else going on in the chat window.

Also a reply button for whispers would be really nice.

Thank you!
Hello, GGG! Russian HC related players question.

First of all let me explain my question and after that i will try to combine all explanation into one question (will mark it with bold text).
I'm playing and streaming PoE each league since it starts in 2013. And i'm playing only HC leagues with my viwers.
The main problem of HC leagues that people leaving them after 1 or 2 deaths. Of cours a lot of players keep playing and after 10 deaths. But usually at the end of second week it becomes almost impossible to find realy ggg grear at market on HC league. In that case we thinking that it would be nice to make an oportunity for HC players to do something more with items (to make stats closer to perfect) than at the other leagues. Because when you got all your perfect gear and after that you dying you understand that if you gonna play next time you can't get so insane items. (F.e. now at LHC i'm for 2 weeks almost every hour cheking poetrade for a good crit elemental bow. And all bows that i'm looking for got 1 or 2 stats that are preety bad t4 or t5 tier). And that happens with all kind of items. What if it would be possible to make roll of tier 5 become roll of tier 2 or 1? Of cours it should be very expensive and probably have a random chance of changing tier, what makes it much more expensive. That option allow people who make a lot of currency and then die - play more and more HC and improve their builds.

What about an idea of adding for HC players some features to make items closer to perfect? F.e. expensive ability to make t5 roll become t1 roll. Or something else in that way? That helps a lot of people stay more at HC after death. And also don't force you to play only HC. Now HC don't give anything for players who choosing it and takes everytihing invested in your gear after you die... We think that HC PoE need something unusual to attract people play HC leagues.

Thanks for you attention.
Last edited by JCDenis on Mar 24, 2017, 4:13:20 AM
Hello, GGG!

1) Will we see the Captain Fairgraves in The Fall of Oriath?

2) The Diablo 2 has a character Deckard Cain, who can identify all items in your inventory by one click. Please tell us, do you plan to add a similar mechanics in Path of Exile? Not necessarily a NPC. For example, we can add new currency "Scruffy book" - "Identify all unidentified items in your inventory" (Diablo 2 have Tomes). And we could get it only by a vendor recipe system, paying 10 Scrolls of Wisdom or more (Portal Scrolls?). Or another example, unique ring which has only one line - "All drop-down items identified". We have the portal gem, but have not a "gem" for the wisdoms. It's not fair)).

Thank you very much for reading this, good luck and have fun!
Why there is no way to use mana to deal damage in any way? (With additional damage per current mana, or using it, as RF does)
How did the idea of the game world emerge? Who is responsible for the lore/characters/plot etc? How long does it take to create new content in the sense of story-telling, new NPCs, etc?

Who is responsible for music and sound design in the game? (I'm really fond of the Act 2 sountrack).

Many THX!
SSF 0NLY! --- Trading turnes uniques into trinkets and warriors into hagglers! ---
How does GGG feel about the design of Caustic Arrow and Explosive Arrow? They're pretty unintuitive skills, differing greatly from other bow skills. Blast Rain's explosions are based on attack damage, but Explosive Arrow's are not. A newer two-part bow skill, Shrapnel Shot, has both parts scaling with attack damage. If GGG was designing Caustic Arrow and Explosive Arrow today, would they turn out the same as they are now?
Has any thought gone into improving the look of the overlay map? I have a friend who plays Grim Dawn, which has an excellent looking map, but is otherwise inferior, in my opinion. Anyway, i got him to play some PoE, and i think he was really turned off by the map. It is difficult to see sometimes, depending on the tile set and the transparency level.

Thanks!
Hello!

One more HC related question.
After solving many perfomance and network-specific problems this game now have playable HC mode, thanks for that! But i think the game develops with focus on SC players only and some mechanics just broken in HC. Do you have plans how to make HC better, any features for HC players or something?
Will we ever see new types of weapons in Path of exile, like Spears, Javelins, Crossbows or even chain weapons like flails?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info