summoner witch questions

hello, im building my witch based off the "it's yoji" build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZQIGlqafQM and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyRe3Bf4fx4 but i had a few questions and cant seem to get an reply so i thought id ask on the forums for help

i happened to find an "intuitive leap" jewel and was wondering if theres anyway to incorporate it into the build to save on passive skill points and get more powerful effects

and i wanted to know if this build could be changed at all with the newly released items since the video was put up.

what do you guys think?
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2017, 4:25:15 PM
I have yet to see anyone really use intuitive leap to save points. Only use I've seen for it is taking up an extra jewel slot.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Mar 12, 2017, 12:01:09 PM
i see, thank you. guess that jewel will remain in the dustbin

and what about updates since the build was created? are there any new items this build HAS to have?

are there any items already in the build that were nerfed and might want to be traded out?

i believe itsyoji said this build has a hard time with atziri is there a way to improve that?
"
Aquiteus wrote:
i see, thank you. guess that jewel will remain in the dustbin

and what about updates since the build was created? are there any new items this build HAS to have?

are there any items already in the build that were nerfed and might want to be traded out?

i believe itsyoji said this build has a hard time with atziri is there a way to improve that?

This all depends on the type of summoner you want to pull off, some builds will be amazing in some situations, and not so in others. The reason a summoner like you can see in Yoji's videos has a hard time is that the reflect from Atziri's split phase against the Flame Sentinels (your main damage source in this type of setup) will be absolutely wrecked without being a low life, purity aura stacker and bone offering up constantly during those phases.

But with the release of The Baron, a strength based zombie build is possible as the main damage with or without Mon'tregul's grasp (probably better with honestly). So is a multi summoner with numerous different uniques. You have Animate Weapon builds being viable/favored again due to united in dream and so on.

If you want to do something Yoji-esque, my personal preference is to aim for Femurs of the Saints, Vis Mortis, and Bones of Ullr as staples to go with many zombie meatshields, heavy hitting Flame Sentinels or Knitted Horrors (which are a bit slower but a bit more thematic and avoid a lot of reflect when emphasizing chaos damage conversion) and Summon Raging Spirits in the staff as a second damage hitter. Also has an animate guardian with dying breath and Leer Mask equipped for the obligatory damage boost.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
@pleiad
vis mortis i will keep in mind.
Femurs of the Saints cant be used because the build is reliant on the shield for damage so i need the weapon slot for defense
Bones of Ullr is already in the build as are animate guardian with leer mask

but thank you for the helmet suggestion i will definitely keep it in mind thank you :)
"
Aquiteus wrote:
@pleiad
vis mortis i will keep in mind.
Femurs of the Saints cant be used because the build is reliant on the shield for damage so i need the weapon slot for defense
Bones of Ullr is already in the build as are animate guardian with leer mask

but thank you for the helmet suggestion i will definitely keep it in mind thank you :)

Again, it all depends on what you hope to achieve. If you are firm on Vis Mortis, I couldn't really recommend The Baron as a helm since it asks for massive strength stacking which doesn't compliment a pure ES chest that much. You would probably be better off with a rare +2 minion gem helm, particularly a good rolled bone helmet if you can afford it. The baron would be a zombie centric summoner most likely complimented with Mon'tregul's Grasp weapon and a shield.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
lol ive returned finally realizing what you said, i thought that vis mortis was a helmet this whole time XD now that i finally realized that its a chestpiece i will probably be keeping the + minion helm idea but now that i know its a chestpiece im a bit iffy about the lack of hp and resistances it gives so im not sure if ill use it in the end
Last edited by Aquiteus on Mar 22, 2017, 5:36:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info