[2.6/3.0] [HC, Videos in Comments] Fidelitas's Trickster Cyclone--Uber Iz down

Thanks for the build man - level 64 HC legacy and loving it so far. I can really feel it's potential. It's nice to play a character that requires some skill and thinking during fights.

My biggest problem is intelligence. I know I'm a low level at the moment but I've been doing some maths and have no idea how to get int up to 150 ish.

I've just looked at your gear and you have a total of 60 added int. The shadow starts with 23 so that makes a total of 83 int. You have none on your tree.

How on earth do you get up to 150?! I'm sure I must be missing something.

I was thinking "oh you probably gain a few int points every level and I just didn't realise" but then I googled it and apparently you get none each level. Now I am baffled.

*Scratches head*

Please someone let me know as I'll be getting into maps tonight and want to spend my currency wisely!

Thanks!
Re: intelligence

There actually is a fair bit of intelligence in the pathing on the upper part of the tree, as you head north toward arcing blows and the hybrid life/es nodes. A lapis amulet with an int roll should help quite a bit until you begin building out that part of the tree if you find yourself short. You can also temporarily craft intelligence onto rings or amulet via Elreon or onto any armor bits of gear using Catarina instead of Haku. Finally, you can temporarily spec into the +30 int node in the south part of the tree until you have the int you need elsewhere.

Very glad you are enjoying the build! Hope that helps.
Last edited by Orion72 on Mar 30, 2017, 1:08:13 PM
Ah I'm such a noob I didn't realise there was all that int up there! Thanks for your quick response dude!
Thanks for the build,Orion!Diggin it so far im level 60 i just realized the felitas werent for lvl 68 lol in you gear seaction it showed they required 68 :O.
Im doing it sc cause i cant bother with hc atm im having way more fun with it than the ice crash duelist so i ditched it for this one and poe became little bit more fun.
Lightning Coil + Purity of Lightning (Essence of Insanity on ring to -10% reflect) more tank and maybe reflect viable?
Re: lightning coil+purity/reduced reflect

No doubt you get extra tankiness with that setup, question is at which cost? To run POL, we would have to give up either conductivity or the Herald. I'm not sure it would be worth the DPs loss in this build. Whether you could make it viable for reflect maps with the ring is not something I have tested or am clear about. I'd be interested in the results of such an experiment.
Hey there, nice guide :)

Im quite new to the game, died a few times, but got already to level 54. Just asking, why dont you go up and spend a few points to get to heart of thunder? isn't it better compared to Primeval Force?

Thanks in advance!
Glad you are enjoying the build.
Re:heart of thunder vs. primeval force
It's an efficiency issue.

From the main part of our tree, heart of thunder is 11 steps away by the shortest route. In exchange, we receive 60 int, 71% lightning damage and 3% pen. Return per step: a little under 6.5% damage, .27% pen, 5.45 int.

From the main part of our tree Primeval Force is 6 steps. In exchange we get 20 Dex, 5 flat lightning damage (for dex step in static jewel radius), 52% ele damage, another 20% ele damage with flask up, 5% pen, 10% shock chance, and 10% reduced reflected damage. Return per step is nearly 9% ele damage base (12% counting flask use), .83% pen, 3.3 Dex, 1.6% shock chance, and 1.6% reduced reflect. The return per step here is actually dramatically better than heart of thunder. IMO, it is overall efficiency that makes a good build. Hope that helps.
Last edited by Orion72 on Apr 2, 2017, 4:58:30 AM
Mark II:

So, I decided to level a new iteration of the build to try out some alternate ideas for it. These have been working very well so far, so I thought I would post them for others to try:

1. Leveling rings: 2x

These are spectacular for leveling. Another two slots worth of flat lightning damage makes early leveling past 20 go even faster. With the rings equipped, using a shield (like perandus buckler) the entire time becomes very easy and comfortable. I have kept one of these into the endgame for the combination of flat lightning damage and the additional 1% life leech of damage against shocked enemies, which is almost every enemy with this build. ( I had to trade in the other berek's to cap rezzes). More on the implications of wearing a berek's grip into the endgame below.

2. Leveling with tabula: I used a tabula for leveling from when I ascended and took walk the aether through to Merc dried lake. I did feel I needed to upgrade my shield significantly and take IR by level 50 or so, but having the 6L the whole time (once cyclone is free) was nice.

3. Berek's Grip as an endgame ring with Vaal Pact: If you keep one Berek's grip and take Vaal Pact (suggested by an earlier comenter) LGOH becomes only a leveling gem. Around level 67-69, when you equip thunderfist, are looking to upgrade the tabula to a real 6L, and have taken the leech nodes in the bottom cluster, you can drop LGOH for innervate (suggested by another earlier poster). Leech with VP appears to be more than sufficient to almost instantly regain full health against groups, and to very quickly regain full health against bosses. Innervate gives us almost permanent Onslaught, and makes both DL and mapping even more fun. Better still, I have confirmed that this configuration was able to run a 13% ele reflect map relatively smoothly, though you'll want life flasks handy for such a run. (experiment performed on a T3 Coves) Lab is doable with vaal pact on, but must be done with great care and caution--lab damage over time traps are probably the easiest way to rip with the vaal pact version of this build at any level. That said, fighting Izaro with Vaal Pact is downright fun.

4. Vaal cyclone: Tried this instead of vaal dual strike (or vaal lightning trap) and am loving it. While leveling, ran VC>added lightning>WED>LGOH. Past level 67, using VC in the thunderfist gloves linked to WED>Faster attacks>Lightning pen. VC is much fun for clearing breaches, large groups, and any boss with a tankable slam. I do always pop all defensive flasks for VC's 5 second duration, just to be on the safe side.

5. Gull: Fun as Gull was, something had to give to keep rezzes up in this variation, so Gull got traded in for a straight EV helm with decent life and rez. No reason not to keep Gull if you can work it out--personal choice.

6. Weapon: Found an example of the type of weapon that would be an upgrade from Fid spike. This is particularly true once you slot in innervate, as its extra shock chance makes up for what we lose by trading the spike out. The upgraded weapon is not necessary for the build, even at high lvl, but definitely something to look out for. (posted with gear below)

Current gear at lvl 71 of the new variation, except jewels, which I am not taking out to post this time, sry :>

Hope the new testing is of assistance to anyone playing the build or considering trying it out.
Last edited by Orion72 on Apr 3, 2017, 8:41:47 AM
With thanks to leminlime, my very first POE video--A short romp through Dried lake, demonstrating the new variation of the build at lvl 72.

https://youtu.be/9NZLOlMH8XA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info