[2.6/3.0] [HC, Videos in Comments] Fidelitas's Trickster Cyclone--Uber Iz down

"
Orion72 wrote:

Re: Told ya so

Didn't look like you read the rest of the message about -how- I died. That said, of course hardcore players know that that 99.99% the char will die at some point. I find the heightened experience of knowing that you get only one chance with a given character rewarding. Every decision matters more. Every victory is sweeter. Yes ultimate defeat can be crushing, but we pick ourselves back up and re-roll again. It's a different mindset. ymmv

Or easier. In SC you can't lose. Where is fun from game if you can't lose?

Nice build. You got some ES. What do you think about getting ghost reaver and going hybrid life/ES.
Not sure I would drop that much armor/evasion for more damage on an ES build. You will have to run some sort of stun immunity as well.
Ran the Es/Hybrid ghost reaver experiment: Turned out to be -much- less tanky without appreciably greater dps. The high evasion+IR in the original build actually has a tremendous impact (said from the perspective of just ending my experiment with the hybrid ES version) Feel original tree/concept significantly outperformed my attempt at an ES/hybrid version with ghost reaver. Again, ymmv
What with reflect?
re: Dead to Reflect?

Nope, Ordinary fight with merc Iz, which was a breeze with the first build. Maybe there's some other way to go about it than I tried, but honestly this variation felt more fragile the whole time after merc began. As always, ymmv.

Re: Mechanics Question today:

Was very happy to hear from a few people trying the build out today while I was online. One issue was common enough it seemed to warrant a post, and it's about the mechanics of playing cyclone:

When fighting -do not- click long sweeping paths through the enemies. This makes it difficult to change course and will also occasionally result in getting stuck on an unseen piece of terrain, followed by untimely death because you stopped leeching. Cyclone (imo) is best used by rapidly clicking near your feet through the whole fight in the direction you wish to go. This provides much greater control and a much faster restart to the fight if you catch on a piece of terrain = more survivability. For the longer movements getting in and out, use whirling blades instead.

Good luck!
Thanks for taking your time to write down this build. I'm on level 60 now and while I think I will write more later, there is one thing that occurred to me:

Having played several cycloners in previous leagues, I've found out that one thing that makes cyclone more enjoyable to play is high movement speed. I've used +30 boots + Devoto's. Here, the boots only have +15% speed. While the mobility outside combat is great due to whirling blades + high attack speed, mobility in combat is not as good, it feels a bit sluggish and clearing packs is slightly slower.

Then I thought of this, how about I swap added lightning with innervate outside boss fights? It's obviously a major drop in DPS, but since innervate gives 6 secs of onslaught for every kill of a shocked enemy, it means onslaught is up all but constantly with this build, giving back some of the lost fps AND +20 movement speed. With that swap, it might even be worth it to use 3 points to get graceful assault.
Re: innervate

Really that one is about what makes you comfortable. If you have no problem with the hot swap for boss fights, innervate will probably improve your overall flow and clearspeed outside of them, though rares will be a little slower.

If it were me, I'd probably do the non-boss swap of innervate for pen instead of added lightning, since we have some amount of debuff from conductivity and the tree.

Do let us know how it goes. GL!
did you try Hyaon's Fury or is it too slow to work with the build?
Just started playing again after a few years and I am currently trying to model a character off of all the information here. You said while levelling to DW fid's, what gems should I be using in the offhand one ?
Re Hyaon's: I did try equipping it and I believe the overall DPS was either marginally better or not as good. Combined with the 2 big drawbacks (slow attack speed makes whirling blades less fun, extra damage taken is slow suicide in HC) I kept the fid spike. I can envision a weapon that would be better, but I haven't yet seen it this league: A perfect attack speed jewelled or fancy foil with a solid added lightning roll might surpass the spike. Downsides to that hypothetical weapon are a 212 Dex req and the cost of the weapon itself. But if I had the extra Dex from gear and money to burn, that's what I would look for in an upgrade.

Re gems for offhand use the same ones you would in a shield. For me it was HOT-Blind-Item rarity (last one doesn't have a lot of impact, but there was an extra gem slot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info