[2.6/3.0] [HC, Videos in Comments] Fidelitas's Trickster Cyclone--Uber Iz down

Hi, i was planning to do an oro flicker for coming 2 week turmoil race (i will play SC) and came acress this build which i probably will use ultill i can use oro, or if i like it, maybe i will just stick to it.

I got 2 questions:
1) Have you ever tried replacing cylcone with flickerstrike? At least for mapping, im not so much intrested in killing bosses
2) what do you think about the tree i was thinking of, bevor checking yours out.
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAO8AByYAAHRFfJeX-_W0OOUZjDZUR6a-nsRd8lVLYeImlRa_D6ski8M6IuoyAbIZz3ro1gW1jb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCnapsjGKstMXC7CsKES-bJt1GY6cRgZu1X7DKSm-e8bNLV8DjUUysR31bKk0_J0rIbqq18jWS2L3-Crc-g8w8LcauxPZyqfcyfNkMXxynU6ULYa9saPLwH6IABLPAZjwF73yCm5_fmjvsODrYJy-QVeoYdqzPfq4-Z5vkUVBH7w4UIF8_9kjEWEGH-eh8DqdVW6AOSLcw6FomiP6PTeOmVzrh8kUaOJFHgLMJIKOjAAAAAAA=

The main difference from what i see:
- about same life pool
- way more hp regen for my tree (that is partly because i may transition to oro flicker, where i might kill stuff with ignites, which gives me another 60& HP Regen increase through Patient Reaper)
- i realy on evasion/doge rather than on armor, which again, especially with flicker should be ok, as you usually dont get hit flickering around
- my tree has RT (which should be huge i gues)
- your tree has more lifeleach, i hope to compensate that with 1-2 Bereks

What are your thoughs on it?
Re: Flicker strike and alternate tree

This is really a completely different build. I have never done a flicker striker, and so I don't really know that I have an informed opinion on its effectiveness.

I will note that if your build is also focusing on lightning elemental damage, you are missing arcing blows and primeval force, and did not take catalyze, which your alternate tree passes. These will significantly affect your dps.

The bereks and regen will help, but you may find that you miss the leech as melee.

I am not a fan of relying on EV and Dodge in hc, which is why the original build was IR. Since you will be playing sc, this may be fine. I don't play sc regularly so I don't have a clear sense of that.

All that said, I don't in any way want to knock your idea. Test it out and let us know how it works, and perhaps write it up independently. But it appears to be an essentially different build concept.

Best,

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jul 14, 2017, 1:21:21 PM
Thanks for your reply. WIll probably know more after this weekend ;)
I leveld from 22 to 64 with this build. For levling its extremly nice and cheap. I really loved the fast and free whirling blades.

At merciless act 4, the damage started feeling really bad though. I cant even kill any rares with regen affiix in dried lake anymore, which is something that has never happened to me bevor. I just skip any rare, as they take way too long.

The damage probably would get buffed with the suggested gloves in some lvls (not sure about lvl req). But as im gonna switch over to Oro with 67 i wont be able to test it properly.

Judging from my own experience and the died lake clear video you showed, the damage is not there for endgame.

For me these are nice levling weapons, but i would not suggest using them for endgame/final build.

cheers
Hellow, I really love your build, I was just looking for a cyclone and found your concept about 100% el lightning. I was sceptic in the begining but but when I picked up Cyclone i got mindblown, this is the build I have had most fun soince I tryd Icestorm in 2.4 and this might be better. I would galdy like you to ad more variants of this build, the thing about es,life, and vaalpact things in the comment.

Don't know if it helps but I lvld with blade Vortex and lighning tendril for singeltarget at the smae time, I blade vortex scaled really well so somthing you migh concider to ad, I don't know. Just want to suport you and I concider to play this more times and I would love to see an uppdate on the build in the future.

Thanks man, and the I did not know that you could cast lighning bold with herald of thunder. I even bought the cyclone mtx and the build just looks stuning visually to.

keep up the good work. :)
Much appreciation for the positive feedback. That sort of thing keeps me working on these. :)

I suspect I will try new variations when 3.0 releases.

-O
Hope i didn't miss it asked earlier, but did you try this build with Bronn's Lithe ? Buffs on it seem to offset the lack of life and resists. Especially if also using VP.
Re: Bronn's little

I considered but did not actually try this piece of gear. My feeling is that giving up life on the chest piece wasn't worth the bonuses in HC. For SC it might be a fine choice. If you test with it and find it doesn't negatively impact survivability, I'd be interested in those results.

-O
I'm thinking of making this my starter for the next league, so i'll comment on it later on.
Wishing you luck with it. I have concerns that if they keep the changes to shock that they just introduced in the beta, it will negatively affect this build. Do please let us know how it's working out.

-O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info