[2.6] Khorne Necromancer (Life/MOM/FlameGolem/Tanky/Perma-onslaught/Perma-rampage)

WORK IN PROGRESS
*Build is best for Mapping

BACKGROUND
Spoiler

I built this character on the fly in legacy softcore fully intending to respec to low life auramancer flame golem in endgame. I was buying cheap life based uniques that I thought would help me. After playing more I realized it was really really strong as life based as opposed to our lowlife summoner meta of stacking lots of auras for minions. I've tried the lowlife version fully decked out before. This helped me decide to see how far I could go with a life based build. I'd just like to share the build and if there's enough interest I will flesh out the guide more. I am still experimenting with different setups with the build. This is my first guide.

My internet/computer is also not great so I prefer builds with higher margin of error. It needs to survive when I freeze or lag. I liked balanced offense and defense. I'm not a pro theorycrafter, but I've been playing since beta and have tried most of the meta builds since then, and I'm decent with the mechanics of the game. This is why the build is not oriented completely to damage.

PROGRESS
Spoiler

Level 90 in LSC. Uber Izaro down (easy), t11 maps so far (easy too), PoorJoys (easy), Vinktar Square (easy), Atziri (it went down but not the best build for it)
To do: Guardians, Shaper, Uber Atziri, Hall of Grandmasters

PROS AND CONS
Spoiler

PROS:
Permanent Onslaught.
Permanent Rampage.
Tanky/HC Viable.
No mana issues.
High mobility: Can shield charge around the map/no need for quicksilver.
Has fortify.
Can play lazy and just walk around.
Most of the required uniques are cheap. You don't need 6L shavs.
Can do all Map Mods.
Very fun/lazy elreon quests
Mapping alone is less boring because so much crap is going on.
If you die at bosses golems can oftentimes kill the boss while you are dead.

CONS:
Golem jewels are expensive.
There so much crap going on screen sometimes that framerate can drop.
You don't see enemy models that well because your minions are killing them.
Very bad at vorici quests. You can't target specific mobs with golems.
You have no leech. So in long fights you have to run or save your flasks.

GEAR
Spoiler

Jewels: 1x Anima 1x Primordial Might 2x Fragility Jewels 5x Primordial Harmony

PASSIVES AT 90
Spoiler

BANDITS
Spoiler

Normal: help Oak (+hp)
Cruel: kill all (skillpoint)
Merc: kill all (skillpoint)

ASCENDANCY
Spoiler

Necromancer

Beacon of Corruption
-Great for levelling with srs. They leave clouds of degen across the map. In maps and endgame you can resummon flame golem for high damage clouds, and as your other autominions die they also leave degen clouds.

Commander of Darkness
-You don't stack a lot of auras but the 20% res you get from it is really helpful. It also gives a little damage. If you ever party up with an aurabot, your damage goes through the roof.

Spirit Eater
-Helps with increasing bone offering/flesh offering uptime and gives you minion damage

Mistress of Sacrifice
-Used with Bone Offering+ Shield it gets you up to 68% block. This is really useful as you don't have a lot of armor and armor stacking and big hit physical damage is your biggest weakness.

MINIONS
Spoiler

4x Flame Golem (all your dps)
1-2 Spectres (body blocker)
5 Zombies (body blocker)
1 Animated Guardian (body blocker)

LINKS/GEM LEVELS
Spoiler

Helm: CWDT(lvl 10)-Bone Offering(lvl14)-Desecrate(lvl13)-Increased Duration(max)
Chest: Flame Golem-Spell Echo-Minion Damage-GMP-Controlled Destruction-Elemental Focus/Empower (max all)
Gloves: CWDT-Raise Zombie-Raise Spectre-Animate Guardian (max all)
Weapon: Shield Charge-Faster Attacks-Fortify (max all)
Shield: CWDT-MoltenShell- Curse (max all)
Ring- Clarity (max)
Ring- Convocation (max)

*CURSE-> I switch around between Enfeeble if the map/boss is hard or Flammability

ENCHANTS
Spoiler

Helmet- Flame Golem Damage enchant
Gloves- of the Grave (for clearspeed) of Reflection (for more defense)
Boots- Regen or attackspeed or dodge or spell dodge. every other enchant is useless.
*you don't need any of the enchants to get the build going

HOW TO LEVEL/WHAT GEAR TO GET FIRST?
Spoiler

You can level up using Summon Raging Spirits. Just grab most of the life nodes and go all the way down to the big life wheel. Don't fill up the wheel. You then go all the way to get the right most jewel node. This is so you have enough dex and strength for gear requirements/gem levels. Then you fill up the rest of the tree as you like.

By merciless you can equip 2 clayshapers (1alch-1chaos each) and farm dried lake until you have enough chaos for a tabula rasa(15-20chaos when i bought it). You'll have 3 golems on a 6L with this setup. You buy kaom's roots next and can probably get up to t10 maps with just that (seriously). Next balance out your resists with rare helmet, rings, and belt. Try to make it so you have maximum resistances from just these four slots. When you succeeded, buy the anima jewel first (2 extra golems is op) so you can switch to the shield and have your defenses/speed up. Buy primordial eminences first to fill up requirements of the anima jewel because they are cheaper, and slowly replace it with primordial harmonies. Your last purchase is primordial might.

Without primordial might, your golems are not aggressive and have less aggro range. This is completely fine though because you just shield charge things and summon your golems closer. Primordial might is actually not needed at all, but it does help you afk and speed clear better.

PLAYSTYLE
Spoiler

You can walk slowly and let your flame golems kill everything...Or you can shield charge around. When fighting tough bosses you shield charge the boss once then run away while your minions kill everything. You will notice that one of my rings has lightning damage. This means if you hit the boss he will have lowered resistance to fire/cold damage because of the elemental equilibrium node. I will also proc the fortify buff which means I take reduced damage. IMPORTANT: Make sure that you only have lightning or cold attack damage on your gear. If you have fire damage, you will buff the enemies resistance to flame golem.

Your flame golems do the most damage when they are shooting balls of fire, so you want to reposition/summon them about 2-3 characters away from minions you want dead. If you summon them at close range they will use their cleave/firespray spell which doesn't do that much damage. Don't worry about the mana cost, you are MOM and can summon them forever over and over.

For proximity shield minions you can always use convocation to summon everything within the defensive shield.

Lots of little hits are useless against you (because of block) and big hits are mitigated by Mind over Matter so you can survive almost anything. This is buffed by the fact that you don't have to attack or cast in place like other builds. This makes your survivability super high and encourages you to actually learn game mechanics (avoid stuff instead of facetank leeching). And if you fail at avoiding something like Izaros attacks, your defenses are good enough that you'll most likely survive, and flasks/life regen will bring you up to full as you run around more, while your minions are body blocking or killing the enemy.

This build is super fun because the screen gets really crazy as you kill stuff. The crazier the map, the more your minions are resummoned around you (except for flame golem. You have to summon that yourself).

DEFENSIVE MECHANICS
Spoiler

Shield Charge+Fortify means you take 44% reduced damage.

Ahn's Heritage Shield combo'd with 2x fragility jewels means you are always at maximum endurance charges. This gives you +3% max all res which is big mitigation versus any fire/lightning/cold damage. It also gives you onslaught (20%increased movespeed/castspeed/attackspeed) which means you move/shield charge faster to avoid incoming damage.

Kaom's Roots gives you stun/freeze/chill/knockback immunity. It also gives 2 item slots worth of life which is really good.

Bleed and Curse Immunity you get from flasks. I favor granite flasks because you don't have a lot of physical mitigation from the gear/tree outside of block.

Using the shield and anvil gives you 39% base block.. when bone offering procs you get your maximum of 68% block + 31% spell block which is pretty damn good even though it isn't an aegis build.
Anvil also gives a little life and mana on block which helps in situations where you take a lot of hits over a short period like in breaches.

Mind over Matter means you can recast flame golem over and over easily. It is also your mitigation from big hits as 30% will be taken from mana before life. I've survived Uber Izaro Smash and the Vinktar boss' lightning explosion at 25% health because of this. For 4 points it's really amazing now. Combo this with your high level CWDT-Molten shell(more than 1k damage buffer) and there's a lot of hp to chew through.

You also get a couple of life regen nodes on the tree which help you sustain a lot during hard fights so you don't have to use up all your life flasks asap.

CWDT+Minions make it so you don't have to resummon minions. They act as body blockers for defense. If it's dangerous or you take a big hit, just shield charge behind your minions and all the way away to be safe. Just be wary that minions will teleport to you if you are too far away. So many times, I play defensively by shield charging all around the dangerous area,with my minions close enough that they will keep attacking the enemy.

OFFENSIVE MECHANICS
Spoiler

Flame Golem is 90% of your dps. You have 1 base, you get 1 more from clayshaper and 2 more from anima jewel. You stack primordial harmonies because the biggest damage comes from the flame golems artillery attack, and this is gated behind cooldown. Less cooldown means they can spit it out way more. Also harmonies give golem damage, as opposed to eminences which only give cast speed that you don't need.

With Wyrmsign gloves you have Rampage all the time. Rampage gives you minion speed and minion damage the higher your rampage stacks. You also get lots of animated weapons flying around which as far as I know benefit from your minion damage. You also get aoe stuns and aoe explosions that do a lot of damage.

ANIMATE GUARDIAN+CWDT
Spoiler

I placed this because I wanted another body blocker and realized how fun the damn mechanic is. I've named this minion "Fabulous" now because he changes clothes/weapons after hard maps. It's really nice seeing what potential style combos you can have with normal items.

Animate Guardian will only incorporate identified weapons into itself so you don't have to worry that your uniques and rares will disappear. Also it grabs items even if you can't see it on your loot filter so don't worry.

MAGIC FIND
Spoiler

You can do this at maybe level 70 up. You need a good loot filter with drop sounds. You replace your anvil amulet with bisco's collar
. Then you shield charge along the edges of Dried Lake and don't stop. Make sure your rampage counter goes up and up. Your flame golems will kill stuff as you move and you watch your rampage counter go up like crazy. The dead white monsters drop more loots/currency with the collar after all and that's all you care about. For bonus MF replace belt with bisco's leash belt
. The belt is kind of not worth it tho. Dried lake runs get 400-600rampage stacks max. And rarity isn't even that good, I like quantity better. You can replace boots with goldwyrm for more quantity. You can also replace gloves with aurseize for more rarity but you'll have no more rampage.

You can also use the bisco's collar in maps. Just play less yolo if u do.

WHY NOT SPECTRE'S OR ZOMBIES?
Spoiler

I like flame golems clear speed a lot. I also don't like spectres because if my net dies I have to hunt for good ones again. But you can totally do both with this skilltree/build. If spectres, I'd go with united in dream/severed in sleep as weapon and make sure 2 of your jewels are unending hunger instead. If zombies, change main hand to mon'tregul's grasp and get 2 violent dead jewels. The rest of the jewel slots you can fill up with life% and minion damage jewels.

After testing Mon'tregul's Grasp with and respeccing a few points on my tree, I've concluded this is not a good tree for zombie build at all even if you have 2 violent dead jewels. Tried it even with a 5L vis mortis (for unholy might buff) and flame golem is still way faster clearspeed. There are other build guides that specialize in zombies that are better.

I WANT ALL MY MINIONS SUMMONED BEFORE I GO MAPPING
Spoiler

Sure you just remove CWDT gem from your gloves. Go to dried lake and kill one pack of minions and summon everything. Done.

WHY IS IT CALLED KHORNE NECRO?
Spoiler

Khorne is a chaos god in Warhammer 40k. I am a fan of the lore there. Khorne loves bloodlust, violence, and unending battle. I just thought it fit the build because we are life based, we have fire artillery, we get stronger the longer we are in battle, we get more minions and lots of blood and explosions.. Plus permanent rampage and onslaught of course.

NOT TANKY ENOUGH?
Spoiler

Change shield for
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lioneye%27s_Remorse
or
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Surrender

Tankiest shield for me is The Surrender.

NOTE: at 6k health 2k mana i still need to run away sometimes or heal with flasks. Remember even 20k lowlife RF build or 10k super leech builds can still die. So you are tanky but you are not immortal.

NOTE2: A tankier version of the build exists. You can go CI regen. The tree is a little different and it's more expensive.. but the scaling of defenses with gear is much better.
Last edited by Madroxmultiply on May 29, 2017, 7:26:35 AM
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2017, 10:22:13 PM
Reserved
Cool build! Haha I like the fabulous animate guardian
Nice and in depth build, saw it in action, it is indeed a fast map cleaner, but most important, it is safe, can also farm uber lab easily.
Read through most of it. I think it's very detailed, the kind of build I really enjoy the efforts of the author in describing it's virtues and methodology. Really adds to the community. Thanks for that.

I have two suggestions: Use of the [ spoiler ] tag system for some of the categories in order to help people that are following your guide to quickly access the parts of it they need.

use of the [ url ] tag for the passive tree so that it can be clicked on, rather than requiring people to copy it personally.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
Kwitch wrote:
Read through most of it. I think it's very detailed, the kind of build I really enjoy the efforts of the author in describing it's virtues and methodology. Really adds to the community. Thanks for that.

I have two suggestions: Use of the [ spoiler ] tag system for some of the categories in order to help people that are following your guide to quickly access the parts of it they need.

use of the [ url ] tag for the passive tree so that it can be clicked on, rather than requiring people to copy it personally.

Cheers

Thanks for the suggestion. I took your advice and cleaned it up a little.:)
cool build im gonna try this out :D

i have some concerns though..
how long did it take to get the 1st primordial might for an anima stone?
they are expensive as hell (3.2 - 3.5ex) and primordial harmonies are no slouch either at 10-13c per piece
im a casual scrub and cant play very much, so im worried about the time it will take to get the build going

Last edited by Doyzord on Mar 15, 2017, 4:52:36 PM
legacy anvil LUL

op how high are you
#31 of Rampage League after 7 days played.
What item would you save currency for after you get all the jewels?
"
Doyzord wrote:
cool build im gonna try this out :D

i have some concerns though..
how long did it take to get the 1st primordial might for an anima stone?
they are expensive as hell (3.2 - 3.5ex) and primordial harmonies are no slouch either at 10-13c per piece
im a casual scrub and cant play very much, so im worried about the time it will take to get the build going

You can use rare minion dmg jewels while dw Clayshaper as a low, budget version

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info