Counter Clockwise Flushing PvP Melee - Scorching in through the outdoor Ray

"
Actalo wrote:
"
trav_dawg wrote:

Haha the funny part is I use trash blue gloves. No winter enchant. They're so bad it's embarrassing (not even worth 1c) but the build still functions.

And yes I need new Inc heart but within a week of me acquiring the +1 corrupt they introduced the buff :( so it will be a while before I replace it.

And yet the build does not function. I've yet to see Scorching Ray torch anything respectable except melee.

And since the current PoE zeitgeist favors ranged skills - Scorching Ray, although basically AIDS for melee, is completely susceptible to better mid and off-screen ranged skills.

The point of this thread was meant to show how Scorching Ray was relegating (most) melee to the recycle bin; however, again, against most other build types, Scorching Ray is "meh" at best.

You do realize having range in this game has been superior to melee/close quarters since the beta. Everything from Molten Shell, Bear Traps, Righteous Fire, shot gunning, Tempest Shield (worked anywhere at the time but still). To release 1.0, which added Cwdt,Cws. To present day which removed some of these aspects, just replaced with worse or equally shitty anti melee options. You don't want to be near people in this game because you're battling the utmost in broken shit layered repeatedly. That's why there will always be a shortage of melee players, especially 2handed ones. Only reason they resurfaced was Lacerate and it's scrub-ness, look at a lot of these melee players...they're fucking retarded. Their trees suck, their gear sucks, their movement sucks, they suck, but Multistrike + Faster attacks + Culling + Lacerate bro!

EQ and BF brought a lot back too...a lot as in like a handful. Same formula applies, skills left untouched for PvP, secondary damages/overlapping yada yada. Carrying suck melee in 2016-? Just like all the ranged skills carry the rest of the population.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Mar 25, 2017, 10:40:42 AM
"
MullaXul wrote:

You do realize having range in this game has been superior to melee/close quarters since the beta. Everything from Molten Shell, Bear Traps, Righteous Fire, shot gunning, Tempest Shield (worked anywhere at the time but still). To release 1.0, which added Cwdt,Cws. To present day which removed some of these aspects, just replaced with worse or equally shitty anti melee options. You don't want to be near people in this game because you're battling the utmost in broken shit layered repeatedly. That's why there will always be a shortage of melee players, especially 2handed ones. Only reason they resurfaced was Lacerate and it's scrub-ness, look at a lot of these melee players...they're fucking retarded. Their trees suck, their gear sucks, their movement sucks, they suck, but Multistrike + Faster attacks + Culling + Lacerate bro!

EQ and BF brought a lot back too...a lot as in like a handful. Same formula applies, skills left untouched for PvP, secondary damages/overlapping yada yada. Carrying suck melee in 2016-? Just like all the ranged skills carry the rest of the population.

It's still an early work in progress, but I'm trying to bring back Heavy Strike with a Slayer. Biggest obstacle right now (for me) is mobility... closing distance with mid-ranged and off-screeners. Leap Slam and Flame Dash are difficult to master as movement skills.
Last edited by Actalo on Mar 26, 2017, 2:30:14 PM
"
Actalo wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:

It's still an early work in progress, but I'm trying to bring back Heavy Strike with a Slayer. Biggest obstacle right now (for me) is mobility... closing distance with mid-ranged and off-screeners. Leap Slam and Flame Dash are difficult to master as movement skills.

google: namelocking. i can show you how to do too. if you didn't know before, a new chapter will open in your poe life.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 26, 2017, 2:36:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info