Counter Clockwise Flushing PvP Melee - Scorching in through the outdoor Ray

"
Márkusz wrote:
I simply expressed how the basis of your statement looks like, and felt unnecessary to bring arguments to my answers about it, because both of us know the amounts of attention PvP gets from the developers. They don't insist on this balance level, they didn't even state any opinion about it, they don't care about any balance in PvP as a whole atm, not just this one particular case, it's delusional to act like they purposely intended it to be at this power level.

Agreed and point well made.

I doubt GGG has any foresight whatsoever when it comes to skills. I think perhaps they rely on the player base to quality-control things via complaints/forum posts.
Scorch doesn't need a T value. Anyone sating that hasn't tried it. It is probably the worst skill in the game for hitting a moving target. If it did any less damage it would never be able to kill anything. If you simply run away/around and try to avoid the ray you will never be hit. NEVER unless you're an idiot lol. Also it takes some pretty solid gear to have good damage and be tanky.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
trav_dawg wrote:
Scorch doesn't need a T value. Anyone sating that hasn't tried it. It is probably the worst skill in the game for hitting a moving target. If it did any less damage it would never be able to kill anything. If you simply run away/around and try to avoid the ray you will never be hit. NEVER unless you're an idiot lol. Also it takes some pretty solid gear to have good damage and be tanky.

WTF

Most of those cucks using it have full block+es regen yet kill you in 1 sec. even if you run away just one tiny touch is enough for you to degen the next 5 sec.

with warp and flame dash this thing is a pain for close combat melee .It does not count as a "hit" , bypass block and dodge.

If you decide to attack them, their es regen/block/20kshield make it a pain to even be able draw them in death.

The gear argument don t stick to me. This is HLD everyone serious should have good gear anyway so most serious scorched do have good gear.

I don t even mention CWchan. scorched+cwchan+ shit like descerate (yes desecrate!) can hurt anyone without 75% chaos res.

Yes when 3.0 hit, maybe they ll all suck because of the ES nerf...IF GGG don t pussy up and introduce some items helping the nerfed es players.

only good shit with scorched:
-no hit= no glove trigger and any elemental melee can swap it and use it VS enchant guys and deal 10k degen with 2 doryani.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 19, 2017, 1:56:19 AM
"
trav_dawg wrote:

Really? With a high lvl Scorch Ray, even as a proc for CWC, I bet I could melt many of yer builds... not as an insult or a slight, but just a reality of how the mechanic works... it's a multiplicative fire pen/dmg as it hits you. It's like a sick joke GGG created to appease a lawsuit - or rather to masochistically encourage one?

Which is why I don't use it.

That and some stills are just more fnu.
Trav....you're high right?
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Also if you are an arpg god you never get hit by anything, ppl only have to get gud, and pvp is balanced.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
Also if you are an arpg god you never get hit by anything, ppl only have to get gud, and pvp is balanced.

I know you weren't serious Markus. Still though if we didn't have cwdt flame dash, glove enchants that instant killed you on contact. You could out play scorching ray given enough space to do so with range even as a good melee player. I do it constantly even while getting pegged from every other angle by sarn scrubs. Doesn't remove the fact it has no proper PvP scaling like the other 50% of the skills GGG left us with now.

GGG, kings/queens of half assing. 50% of the skills have dated penalties based on sucky LLD performance and the other 50% were implemented and ignored, brilliant.

Also this is an issue compounded atop other issues with PvP. If you couldn't pair 15k+ es trollness, winter enchant, cws, cwdt and scorching ray together all at once....no one would even use the skill. You can count the amount of people using PvP penalized skills that require aim, movement and a brain on 1 hand.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Mar 19, 2017, 10:58:16 AM
"
trav_dawg wrote:

All of my no.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Haha I'm not high, it can be tanked fairly easy if you spec for it at all.

Some of my scorch gear as CI:

Obv not everyone has conv amulet but I don't even use it all the time... It's not a 20k es build (I have in the ballpark of 13k) and I can withstand most scorches longer than they can withstand mine.

I combine things like CI+Incandescent heart for effectively 25% reduced ele dmg taken, another 6% reduced dmg taken from Champion's "Conqueror" node, perma fortify (20% reduced), 20% reduced DoT on shield, high level AA, molten shell, enfeeble, chaos golem buff, purities for higher max res, and ofc resist flasks.

As crazy as I may sound, I think max fire res are being under-utilized. People forget that SR cannot penetrate. Shin used 100% fire res against me, as well as some other mechanics of course, so as long as his flasks were up it took me quite a few seconds before my damage even overpowered his modest regen. Players built like that can stand still and tank the dmg easily, now imagine if they actually move and try to evade the beam (which is easy).
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Last edited by trav_dawg on Mar 19, 2017, 11:00:14 PM
No.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type