Anyone made crazy / interesting builds with new (buffed) items from 2.6?

"
Demonoz wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Brutus Sprinkler? Shaper's Touch + Geofri's Sanctuary? Anything?

Yes tried this exactly actually with all 3 items you mentioned. Geofri's was my first 6L this league and was already playing a Chieftain Brutus build and with 1200+ Str and those two items i put another nearly 3K ES on my build with already 6.4K life with zero other investment into ES. It works fairly well for general content clearing for the most part but begins to fell off in hard hitting Red maps because the regen goes to ES and not having VP leech actually hurts your defenses in the end.

It ends up being better to keep your regen on life and use that regen+normal Leech and even LGOH i harder rolled maps to keep way better sustain.. Without VP ofcourse. This build is also a Chieftain which in the end gives me nice damage and defenses through Regen and end charges. Most people are running Zerker with VP for instant never ending leech but it has its drawbacks as well such as Trials being a real pain in the ass and since i farm every single trial i see because its free chaos thats doesnt work well for me. The build is also a boss destroyer with Molten Strike and the new Jewels just slow as smoke for clearing so you need to swap in Sunder for general map clearing. But it works made it endgame with it and i think its more than capable of pushing guardians and shaper if i continued on with it but i got bored and started something else.

Planning another build with the chest and gloves soon but it will be a caster i think which i think will work out MUCH better than a melee build like the Brutus Maces. I think it will turn out alot better. Maybe even a bow build. Been toying around with the idea of an Iron Will+Iron Grip ED decay Bow build using the Soul Strike quiver which might give me nice damage with the same massive str stacking as well as better use of the huge ES gained from just str scaling alone. Str will contribute Damage from two fronts kinda sorta double dipping in a way. Not to mention i could work in some good ES nodes as well to get even more EHP. I could easily see 5K ES+5K Life on such a setup possible while still getting adequate damage for endgame possibly even guardians and shaper. We'll see.

Can you tell more about how general mapping with this build looks like. I am really curious about it. Is this char pretty convinient mapper or only boss killer?

You can use another char for Trials or ignore them like most people do. Having 6K Life + Huge ES buffer is really inconvinient - you can't leech both / can't regen both - can't protect both at the same time. You could just use another ES pieces and become CI honestly. You would easily have like 9+ k Es - it would be much better. Or even some sort of Low Life character with Chayula's Presence and few %Life nodes here and there - boost from this amulet and this Life you get without any effort would be insane. But you would need to get as much chaos res as possible or use Corruscating Elixir or something. I believe that would probably be most tanky char you can get with this setup.

Btw, Iron Grip won't increase ED damage.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 14, 2017, 12:44:59 AM
"
Demonoz wrote:
Planning another build with the chest and gloves soon but it will be a caster i think which i think will work out MUCH better than a melee build like the Brutus Maces

What you could do, is a "low life" RF guardian with following items:

This way, every 5 points of strength will give you:
0,625% damage
2,5 mana -> 15% reserved goes to ES
2,5 life -> 20% goes to ES
1% ES
2 ES

Except for presence of chayula, most of those items are fairly cheap. I'd definitely run it through path of building though to see if you could even get enough regeneration without ROTP. Alternatively, since you'll have a bit of health to spare, you can (and probably should) run MoM instead of the shield and use ROTP regardless.

No idea whatsoever what the build would look like too. You could probably easily get some 2k+ strength with 5 brawn jewels.
"
Been toying around with the idea of an Iron Will+Iron Grip ED decay

Iron grip sadly only gives you physical projectile attack damage, so it wont apply to ED whatsoever.
Last edited by Cataca on Apr 14, 2017, 1:13:21 AM
I made a LL Crit PF EK Nova this league.
I did not play Breach, so the gem was new to me.

Best character i ever had.
Done shaper, uber atziri, 70+ guardians, twinned vaal temple with it.
It is pretty crazy, even if it's not so original.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Can you tell more about how general mapping with this build looks like. I am really curious about it. Is this char pretty convinient mapper or only boss killer?

You can use another char for Trials or ignore them like most people do. Having 6K Life + Huge ES buffer is really inconvinient - you can't leech both / can't regen both - can't protect both at the same time. You could just use another ES pieces and become CI honestly. You would easily have like 9+ k Es - it would be much better. Or even some sort of Low Life character with Chayula's Presence and few %Life nodes here and there - boost from this amulet and this Life you get without any effort would be insane. But you would need to get as much chaos res as possible or use Corruscating Elixir or something. I believe that would probably be most tanky char you can get with this setup.

Yeah i actually went and started throwing together a tree for the ED thing right after making that post and forgot totally about the whole "Physical Projectile Scaling" Shit on Iron Grip so yeap you're right.. No go. Exact reason i inevitably Dropped it from my Brutus setup because even with 1200+ str it does little to nothing. We are scaling flat Fire and WED pretty much and while you are converting 50% of phys to fire with MS its such a small amount of phys to start with it's not that noticeable. I still take it while lvling when im in between getting some big next lvl such as a jewel socket or something since its right there anyway but i drop it once i have another lvl to invest elsewhere. But i am however looking at other spells to make work and ED can still work. Ive did ED on an RF build before and it was pretty fucking powerful and this was pre-essence so i didnt even have Decay at my disposal at the time. IW does work and quite well i might add and since Decay does exist now thats still a good option maybe. IG was an idea that popped in my head while making the post and simply forgot like i did when i planned it in my Brutus build about its Phys counterpart.

Im looking at guardian as well since the Shaper Gloves i noticed has another unforeseen benefit in giving me a SHIT TON of mana. Considering i go from like 400-450 mana to like 1100 or some shit. So yeah Guardian would be a good option for this. RF not so much i think RF is better suited for Shavs IMO. However since it is a going to be a caster build of Some sort on Guardian i will most likely run an RF setup just for boss nuking. The chest indeed opens up alot of options on str based builds. And with Shaper gloves especially. Almost a perfect combo for the Guardian Class IMO. Im running a Doomfletch build now ive ben wanting to play for about 2 or 3 leagues now and just never got around to it but once its around 90 or so i plan to start the guardian. Will be like most of my builds... It will start with those two items and the Class and go from there. LOL

But yeah as far as mapping goes its just slow with Molten Strike but MS is your massive boss destroying damage anyway and the links dont really need to change between it and Sunder so you swap to Sunder while clearing and then mapping isn't too bad with it.

(Faster Attacks+Multistrike+WED+EleFocus/Conc+Fire Pen) (NOTE: Ele Focus we still get to ignite and take advantage of our 30% increased damage while ignited from Chieftain since we run HOA and still ignite with that IF we are running HOA. Thought that was interesting. Ive still been testing between the two to figure out what i like better. Still not made my mind up totally yet either. I run Focus when running HOA+Flammability+AA and Conc when running Anger+Flammability)

But its no clear speed king even then i can tell you that much. Relying on Leap Slam slows us a bit especially since we run MS in our links it makes LS feel clunky at times so i just run a 30% QS to help out getting around faster. Main strength of the build is its boss killing capabilities and tankiness even without VP. Thats what i like about it. If i can avoid VP i do.. Much like Poison. These are broken mechanics that just dont see being around in their current states forever so i dont want to be getting used to what they offer so much. Whats interesting i found is how you can run Conc full time on this build in both setups. Sunder or MS. And especially MS. Conc pretty much does NOTHING to my area and only boosts damage. And sunder it does affect the area a little bit but not enough to be worth running the AOE gem over conc thats for sure. ive found running Conc now fulltime over inc AOE has done better for me. And its one less gem to swap on the boss. But ive thrown some pretty insane content at this build so far in Red Maps and so far its held up with careful gameplay. Especially for a melee build not using VP.

Even without trials considered the chest isn't worth running on this setup because again all my massive regen gets swapped to my ES and that regen is simply more useful while on my life with normal Leech and even LGOH for super hard content. When running the chest the regen does cover the ES quite well until you get into maps where you're going to be getting trucked for alot of damage pretty quickly and need to recover as quickly. And since you've essentially split your sustain between two pools its in the end in these scenarios becomes less effective. Thats why i want to do something caster with it instead of melee.

As far as going full CI or something to that effect you stack so much strength that it would be a bit of a waste to go CI. Considering you can actually get a really nice amount of life on this build without things like Belly or Kaom's heart. Im still in relatively trash gear in alot of my slots no where near being where i want to be and pushing 6.5K life almost Thats not even using all my Str scaling uniques yet and still have life nodes left to take as well a jewel slots for more life if i so choose. 7K would be very realistic in the right rare while pushing close to 1500+ Str with uniques. Now LL with the newely buffed Corisqating flask is a possibility maybe but again thats ALOT of life you will be wasting to reserve on as well. Not with all the str and life i already work into the build which doesn't leave me close to much by way of ES to scale without redoing most of the tree. And i would probably end up losing too much str so at that point i would probably end up doing such a thing utilizing that chest on something besides those brutus maces. Now if we are talking dropping those maces then yes there's many possibilities for some builds that could work well i think. But you also need to consider all that str stacking leaves us with little Int and Int is crucial to good ES scaling as well. Its why ES/CI is so broken now you can too easily get 200-250%+ES and then another 70-100% ES from int alone on top. But again im also talking from the perspective of one class i just tossed it on which was Chieftain nowhere near optimal. Guardian will most likely give me better results and options.

About the only other thing i could do to make the build do anything better is take VP which i dont like because it IS the character i have to do easy trails and since they sell for about 7C a pop this league im not skipping.. I never do because if im not selling them im running them as well. Helm chants can be a good currency maker no matter the point in the league and seeing as how i dont think ill ever actually see a chant for anything in running in a league at the time at least i can sell off ones to others that they need to fund other endeavors. But again VP was tested earlier on while progressing the build and while it does work just fine on Chieftain i also feel like im wasting all the regen im getting as well. If i go VP i might as well swap from Chieftain to Zerker at that point as well. Which i wanted to make Chieftain work because of easier Str and fire scaling and it worked so far and i didnt want to rely on VP from the start either which i dont so im happy with that choice. Everyone else took the Zerker route while i tried something else and it worked out.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Apr 14, 2017, 6:35:52 AM
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Yeah i actually went and started throwing together a tree for the ED thing right after making that post and forgot totally about the whole "Physical Projectile Scaling" Shit on Iron Grip so yeap you're right.. No go. Exact reason i inevitably Dropped it from my Brutus setup because even with 1200+ str it does little to nothing. We are scaling flat Fire and WED pretty much and while you are converting 50% of phys to fire with MS its such a small amount of phys to start with it's not that noticeable. I still take it while lvling when im in between getting some big next lvl such as a jewel socket or something since its right there anyway but i drop it once i have another lvl to invest elsewhere. But i am however looking at other spells to make work and ED can still work. Ive did ED on an RF build before and it was pretty fucking powerful and this was pre-essence so i didnt even have Decay at my disposal at the time. IW does work and quite well i might add and since Decay does exist now thats still a good option maybe. IG was an idea that popped in my head while making the post and simply forgot like i did when i planned it in my Brutus build about its Phys counterpart.

Im looking at guardian as well since the Shaper Gloves i noticed has another unforeseen benefit in giving me a SHIT TON of mana. Considering i go from like 400-450 mana to like 1100 or some shit. So yeah Guardian would be a good option for this. RF not so much i think RF is better suited for Shavs IMO. However since it is a going to be a caster build of Some sort on Guardian i will most likely run an RF setup just for boss nuking. The chest indeed opens up alot of options on str based builds. And with Shaper gloves especially. Almost a perfect combo for the Guardian Class IMO. Im running a Doomfletch build now ive ben wanting to play for about 2 or 3 leagues now and just never got around to it but once its around 90 or so i plan to start the guardian. Will be like most of my builds... It will start with those two items and the Class and go from there. LOL

But yeah as far as mapping goes its just slow with Molten Strike but MS is your massive boss destroying damage anyway and the links dont really need to change between it and Sunder so you swap to Sunder while clearing and then mapping isn't too bad with it.

(Faster Attacks+Multistrike+WED+EleFocus/Conc+Fire Pen) (NOTE: Ele Focus we still get to ignite and take advantage of our 30% increased damage while ignited from Chieftain since we run HOA and still ignite with that IF we are running HOA. Thought that was interesting. Ive still been testing between the two to figure out what i like better. Still not made my mind up totally yet either. I run Focus when running HOA+Flammability+AA and Conc when running Anger+Flammability)

But its no clear speed king even then i can tell you that much. Relying on Leap Slam slows us a bit especially since we run MS in our links it makes LS feel clunky at times so i just run a 30% QS to help out getting around faster. Main strength of the build is its boss killing capabilities and tankiness even without VP. Thats what i like about it. If i can avoid VP i do.. Much like Poison. These are broken mechanics that just dont see being around in their current states forever so i dont want to be getting used to what they offer so much. Whats interesting i found is how you can run Conc full time on this build in both setups. Sunder or MS. And especially MS. Conc pretty much does NOTHING to my area and only boosts damage. And sunder it does affect the area a little bit but not enough to be worth running the AOE gem over conc thats for sure. ive found running Conc now fulltime over inc AOE has done better for me. And its one less gem to swap on the boss. But ive thrown some pretty insane content at this build so far in Red Maps and so far its held up with careful gameplay. Especially for a melee build not using VP.

Even without trials considered the chest isn't worth running on this setup because again all my massive regen gets swapped to my ES and that regen is simply more useful while on my life with normal Leech and even LGOH for super hard content. When running the chest the regen does cover the ES quite well until you get into maps where you're going to be getting trucked for alot of damage pretty quickly and need to recover as quickly. And since you've essentially split your sustain between two pools its in the end in these scenarios becomes less effective. Thats why i want to do something caster with it instead of melee.

As far as going full CI or something to that effect you stack so much strength that it would be a bit of a waste to go CI. Considering you can actually get a really nice amount of life on this build without things like Belly or Kaom's heart. Im still in relatively trash gear in alot of my slots no where near being where i want to be and pushing 6.5K life almost Thats not even using all my Str scaling uniques yet and still have life nodes left to take as well a jewel slots for more life if i so choose. 7K would be very realistic in the right rare while pushing close to 1500+ Str with uniques. Now LL with the newely buffed Corisqating flask is a possibility maybe but again thats ALOT of life you will be wasting to reserve on as well. Not with all the str and life i already work into the build which doesn't leave me close to much by way of ES to scale without redoing most of the tree. And i would probably end up losing too much str so at that point i would probably end up doing such a thing utilizing that chest on something besides those brutus maces. Now if we are talking dropping those maces then yes there's many possibilities for some builds that could work well i think. But you also need to consider all that str stacking leaves us with little Int and Int is crucial to good ES scaling as well. Its why ES/CI is so broken now you can too easily get 200-250%+ES and then another 70-100% ES from int alone on top. But again im also talking from the perspective of one class i just tossed it on which was Chieftain nowhere near optimal. Guardian will most likely give me better results and options.

About the only other thing i could do to make the build do anything better is take VP which i dont like because it IS the character i have to do easy trails and since they sell for about 7C a pop this league im not skipping.. I never do because if im not selling them im running them as well. Helm chants can be a good currency maker no matter the point in the league and seeing as how i dont think ill ever actually see a chant for anything in running in a league at the time at least i can sell off ones to others that they need to fund other endeavors. But again VP was tested earlier on while progressing the build and while it does work just fine on Chieftain i also feel like im wasting all the regen im getting as well. If i go VP i might as well swap from Chieftain to Zerker at that point as well. Which i wanted to make Chieftain work because of easier Str and fire scaling and it worked so far and i didnt want to rely on VP from the start either which i dont so im happy with that choice. Everyone else took the Zerker route while i tried something else and it worked out.

Holy shit! I needed text reading program for this wall of text. O_o

Now I am not sure whether Shaper's Gloves + Geofri's Sanctuary was even good idea.

Also why don't use 5L Sunder (or something) in Horror Helmet for clearing and 6L (Belly probably) chest all the time? OR even maybe vice versa?

Also nothing stops us from going easy way and use Spectral Throw. xD Hell, you can even use Earthquake or other really good melee skill with it? HoWabout that? :o
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Now I am not sure whether Shaper's Gloves + Geofri's Sanctuary was even good idea.

Also why don't use 5L Sunder (or something) in Horror Helmet for clearing and 6L (Belly probably) chest all the time? OR even maybe vice versa?

Also nothing stops us from going easy way and use Spectral Throw. xD Hell, you can even use Earthquake or other really good melee skill with it? HoWabout that? :o

Actually i have a tree ready for those maces for Raider which would use ST to great effect i do belive. I lvled and ran ST for quite a while till i got to mid tier maps and it just started to fall off. ST is one of those skills that REALLY needs good APS. And with Chieftain thats just not one of its strong points. However Raider can get the APS you need to make ST feel really nice with those maces. Crit with those maces is also a very possible option with just some investment into DW crit nodes, melee nodes between temp/mara, some crit at ranger gets us around 60% with crit gem and only 3 charges. So its an option as well. All these are with Astramentis in mind as well so keep that in mind if you were to work it out of the build and use something else and keep your stats where you need them that opens even more options. But yeah i tested quite a few options with this build and thats one thing it has is lots of options.

As i said before the 6L for MS or Sunder ive been using is the same so its only one gem to swap between clear and boss room so its not to big of a deal. Im sure you could also run MS in a sudo-5L essence crafted 30% MORE ele helm (I think it is) and forgo the swapping as well and still melt the shit out of boss's.

The gloves and chest are very nice together they just didn't pan out on a melee build and especially one that wasn't meant specifically for those items. The Guardian tree ive been playing around with since this morning looks promising. Chayula ammy will be needed to really push it where you want it to be if you really want the ES to be crazy but i think astramentis will be still be fine to get it going. But i think it could make a strong ranged hybrid type build. Not one where your always in the middle of the shit taking crazy amounts of damage all the time you do your work. Honestly i recommend you try those two items out on any build you play that stacks anything over 800-1K+Str just to see how it feels.

And sorry for the wall of text i just wanted to try and cover everything thoroughly. If you cant already tell even though most of these tests have been done on only a single character i did test quite a alot of things on this character. As i do most of my builds since they normally start out with an idea or item or class or combination of the 3 i go from there. And let it take me wherever i end up with it. And when im playing with new things like the Brutus maces you can be sure that ill go through quite a few Regret orbs trying alot of different things out. Path Of Building has saved me alot recently using it but some things you still have to go by feel over just raw numbers.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Apr 14, 2017, 4:34:44 PM
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Actually i have a tree ready for those maces for Raider which would use ST to great effect i do belive. I lvled and ran ST for quite a while till i got to mid tier maps and it just started to fall off. ST is one of those skills that REALLY needs good APS. And with Chieftain thats just not one of its strong points. However Raider can get the APS you need to make ST feel really nice with those maces. Crit with those maces is also a very possible option with just some investment into DW crit nodes, melee nodes between temp/mara, some crit at ranger gets us around 60% with crit gem and only 3 charges. So its an option as well. All these are with Astramentis in mind as well so keep that in mind if you were to work it out of the build and use something else and keep your stats where you need them that opens even more options. But yeah i tested quite a few options with this build and thats one thing it has is lots of options.

As i said before the 6L for MS or Sunder ive been using is the same so its only one gem to swap between clear and boss room so its not to big of a deal. Im sure you could also run MS in a sudo-5L essence crafted 30% MORE ele helm (I think it is) and forgo the swapping as well and still melt the shit out of boss's.

The gloves and chest are very nice together they just didn't pan out on a melee build and especially one that wasn't meant specifically for those items. The Guardian tree ive been playing around with since this morning looks promising. Chayula ammy will be needed to really push it where you want it to be if you really want the ES to be crazy but i think astramentis will be still be fine to get it going. But i think it could make a strong ranged hybrid type build. Not one where your always in the middle of the shit taking crazy amounts of damage all the time you do your work. Honestly i recommend you try those two items out on any build you play that stacks anything over 800-1K+Str just to see how it feels.

And sorry for the wall of text i just wanted to try and cover everything thoroughly. If you cant already tell even though most of these tests have been done on only a single character i did test quite a alot of things on this character. As i do most of my builds since they normally start out with an idea or item or class or combination of the 3 i go from there. And let it take me wherever i end up with it. And when im playing with new things like the Brutus maces you can be sure that ill go through quite a few Regret orbs trying alot of different things out. Path Of Building has saved me alot recently using it but some things you still have to go by feel over just raw numbers.

What about EQ? Feelsbadman? I think crit is hardly option here - you will need to take care of Power charges, get crit everywhere, etc. etc. a lot of extra shenanigans. Also there is insane stuff like Elemental Focus and Elemental Overload or just Resolute Technque and you never care about Accuracy whatsoever. How your build handles accuracy btw?

You should try to express yourself in shorter ammounts of words. Most of it just not needed at all.

Yeah, nothing will tell you how the build feels if you won't played it. Specially coverage / aoe things.

Report here about your next endevours. :P
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 15, 2017, 3:07:29 AM
Why you people cant simply type into Path of Building your miserable builds and learn the fact that at least 90% of them will suck...

It takes like 15 min to know how build will behave in the very end.

I can assure you that people like me did many calculations right after league started and 99% of the uniques that were buffed are still shitty lvling uniques.
Sprinkling might be an exception it has BARELY enough dmg to do endgame content. But is still VERY inferior to HOWA.

It might be sad for some but on 3.0 launch people will most likely already know how much dps and survivability their build will have way before the leagues will even start.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

I've made Shaper's Touch work by using it for str-stacking Berserker with Iron Will and MoM. Massive mana boost allows easily use MoM without much investments.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Apr 16, 2017, 9:22:52 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

I've made Shaper's Touch work by using it for str-stacking Berserker with Iron Will and MoM. Massive mana boost allows easily use MoM without much investments.

What skill you used for this? How is it going?

MoM is double-edged sword. There is so many good stuff you can reserve mana for...

"
eragon1111 wrote:
Why you people cant simply type into Path of Building your miserable builds and learn the fact that at least 90% of them will suck...

It takes like 15 min to know how build will behave in the very end.

I can assure you that people like me did many calculations right after league started and 99% of the uniques that were buffed are still shitty lvling uniques.
Sprinkling might be an exception it has BARELY enough dmg to do endgame content. But is still VERY inferior to HOWA.

It might be sad for some but on 3.0 launch people will most likely already know how much dps and survivability their build will have way before the leagues will even start.

Wrong. Brutus Sprinkler casually does endgame. It has insnae single target DPS. It can very well have better single target than HoWa.

Also if item is not God-tier, it doesn't mean that build around it have no right to live. Did you ever heard of fun, diversity or trying out new things? Or perhaps only Vaal Fireball, Blade Vortex or whatever build is good for you?

Your post have pretty disgusting elitist flavour.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 18, 2017, 3:41:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info