Anyone made crazy / interesting builds with new (buffed) items from 2.6?

Sprinkler is a little bit stronger than HoWA when it comes to single target, imho. These jewels alone almost double Molten's damage... :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
zodiac3892 wrote:

Yes you get both element types by dual wielding. Your main hand does only the fire and your off only cold. Cleave does both at the same time.
Based only off the tree and ascendencies this build has/will have:
98% inc WED
141% inc elemental damage
26% inc AOE + 6% inc AOE per enemy near
+2 wep range
24% IAS
Perma Fortify
50% reduced ele reflect
8% reducmost of this is obtainable by any builded ele dmg taken per element hit by recently
6 out of every 14 seconds garaunteed shock
40% inc fire/cold dmg by summoning 2 golems (1fire/1 cold)
100% increase buff to fire golems dmg buff to me
every 10 seconds I'll get 100% inc dmg and 25% inc aoe

While most of this is obtainable by any generic cleave build I feel Elementalist shines with these axes because of her ascendencies.
50% to 58% reduced ele reflect
6 seconds of shock out of every 14 seconds
and something awesome I noticed about her chilling conflux and the offhand axes perma chill, you can shatter huge packs of mobs with tasty HoI explosions so very good clear speed is insane clear speed 6 out of 14 seconds

Elementalist is a bae :3 So it feels good for mapping thanks to Herald of Ice? Seems like you do ele crit Cleave.

"
Perq wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

[Woopie-a-doopie-a-dooo]

Aren't you gonna be at none Frenzy charges most of the time, because of this Flask though? Are you sure EV bonus from boots really worth it or you didn't took any Evasion node from the Tree? :P

I still can't believe someone made build with Ichimonji. :o It's crit, right?

Nope. There are two scenarios in which I have to worry about getting charges - clearing trash and bosses. When clearing trash, gaining charges is provided by on kill raider Ascendancy. There is wayyyy too many charges generated. I can quite easily (now) maintain Onslaught and maximum Frenzy charges. They quite often tick instantly to max when clearing a pack or two. It also provides me with shitton of flask charges.
The other scenario is bosses. At this scenario, I gain frenzy charges from on hitting bosses Asncendacy. Because I'm hitting 7 times a second, you can imagine I'm getting quite a bit of those. :P
When hitting a boss, I can quite easily sustain both Onslaught and frenzy charges.
Given that Rotgut gains charges on crit (which I do, cuz I'm crit based), I can sustain, in theory, all of these things up when I'm hitting a boss or rare.

Removing the boots from the build removes around 6k armor and 10% spell dodge... :P While other boots might have better base Evasion and whatnot, these have additional advantage - they are dirt cheap. I can buy however many I want and Vaal them till the end of time, meaning I can get +1 frenzy quite easily.
Other options might be Darkray Vectors for dodge, but these have no life roll (and my build struggles with life rolls on gear).
Atziri's Step is comparable to Three-Steps (arguably a little better), but getting well rolled ones might be costly for Vaaling. :V Max life roll ones cost around 10c, which way too much for Vaal fun.

I see. Frenzy charges are indeed not a problem when it comes to Raider. I might switch to this boots just for extra spell dodge + cheaper +1 Frenzy. How tanky it feels now?

zSavage,
That sounds like a good plan (I would hate to use this boots, jewels and helmet though). I seen similar Sprinkler Milten Strike build in action against Atziri - everything just got melted. Single problem was AOE clear wasn't really impressive.

Perq, zSavaga, yeah Molten Strike is crazy. It's probably indeed will be stronger than HoWA for single target. Afaik Molten Strike was never impressive for trash clear or with new jewels and AOE it's great for mapping too? Which skills awould be great for trash clearing and for bosses with Sprinkler? You can still use such good skills like Spectral Throw or Frost Blades. You can even go EQ btw :3
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 17, 2017, 5:40:27 AM
Making an Ice Crasher Juggernaut with Tidebreaker. The aim is to instantly have 10-11 endurance charges, get frenzy charges with The Red Trail. Only started a few days ago, missed start of the league being sick :(
Just got in maps, need a lot of gear, hoping it will be decent in red maps.
"
innervation wrote:
Good to see that the collective first page of this thread has set their threshold for qualifying worthiness at 'OP/meta/turbo clear gg can't die 30 second gorges or gtfo' level. I'm sure that will get a lot of build discussion going.

agreed

personally i play builds for fun. If they get to red maps i'm usually surprised

So far this league I've played lead Sprinkler/molten strike Champion. Has huge potential but to push him further I would need to spend a lot of money on GG strength/life gear, not sure I want to make that time/currency investment, using the updated meganords vise in this build

A magma orb totem hierophant with the new threshold jewel. 4 totems spitting 5 magma orbs (using faster proj) makes a mess of the screen and breaks the game audio, but single target damage is lacking. in order to push further than mid tier maps i'd need to invest in a ton of ES gear (got to tier 5 using a 4 link though)

Various bow rangers, but got incredibly bored of levelling with the shrapnel shot and ice shot jewels. Bow levelling seems way worse than anything at present so shelved that idea and made a freezing pulse raider, currently having a ton of fun levelling, using the updated brinerot whalers and the rotgut flask (which seems made for raider with the onslaught/frenzy shenanigans)

Also levelled a Cleave Marauder using the updated Edge of Madness which is an extremely effective levelling weapon.

lots of the updated stuff won't really effect the endgame meta but give huge QoL to levelling which is nice, and create the possibility of a few more niche builds, which is probably the intention.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

zSavage,
That sounds like a good plan (I would hate to use this boots, jewels and helmet though). I seen similar Sprinkler Milten Strike build in action against Atziri - everything just got melted. Single problem was AOE clear wasn't really impressive.

Perq, zSavaga, yeah Molten Strike is crazy. It's probably indeed will be stronger than HoWA for single target. Afaik Molten Strike was never impressive for trash clear or with new jewels and AOE it's great for mapping too? Which skills awould be great for trash clearing and for bosses with Sprinkler? You can still use such good skills like Spectral Throw or Frost Blades. You can even go EQ btw :3

A 4L Frostblades + Multistrike + WED + Fire Pen is honestly not a bad idea for clearing purposes. Will test for sure.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Sup boys.
"
markww wrote:
using the updated meganords vise in this build
Meganord you say?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Sup boys.

Hi there. Good of you to check in.

I ended up solving the molten strike aoe issue by using melee splash as a swap for pack clearing. It works very very well.

I can post another update on my build after work if you guys are still interested (currently lvl 92.6).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Sup boys.

Hi there. Good of you to check in.

I ended up solving the molten strike aoe issue by using melee splash as a swap for pack clearing. It works very very well.

I can post another update on my build after work if you guys are still interested (currently lvl 92.6).

You should post some videos / share more experience. I imagine at least open map clearing is still a bitch.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Brutus Sprinkler? Shaper's Touch + Geofri's Sanctuary? Anything?

Yes tried this exactly actually with all 3 items you mentioned. Geofri's was my first 6L this league and was already playing a Chieftain Brutus build and with 1200+ Str and those two items i put another nearly 3K ES on my build with already 6.4K life with zero other investment into ES. It works fairly well for general content clearing for the most part but begins to fell off in hard hitting Red maps because the regen goes to ES and not having VP leech actually hurts your defenses in the end.

It ends up being better to keep your regen on life and use that regen+normal Leech and even LGOH i harder rolled maps to keep way better sustain.. Without VP ofcourse. This build is also a Chieftain which in the end gives me nice damage and defenses through Regen and end charges. Most people are running Zerker with VP for instant never ending leech but it has its drawbacks as well such as Trials being a real pain in the ass and since i farm every single trial i see because its free chaos thats doesnt work well for me. The build is also a boss destroyer with Molten Strike and the new Jewels just slow as smoke for clearing so you need to swap in Sunder for general map clearing. But it works made it endgame with it and i think its more than capable of pushing guardians and shaper if i continued on with it but i got bored and started something else.

Planning another build with the chest and gloves soon but it will be a caster i think which i think will work out MUCH better than a melee build like the Brutus Maces. I think it will turn out alot better. Maybe even a bow build. Been toying around with the idea of an Iron Will+Iron Grip ED decay Bow build using the Soul Strike quiver which might give me nice damage with the same massive str stacking as well as better use of the huge ES gained from just str scaling alone. Str will contribute Damage from two fronts kinda sorta double dipping in a way. Not to mention i could work in some good ES nodes as well to get even more EHP. I could easily see 5K ES+5K Life on such a setup possible while still getting adequate damage for endgame possibly even guardians and shaper. We'll see.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Apr 14, 2017, 12:30:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info