Anyone made crazy / interesting builds with new (buffed) items from 2.6?

Ok so here's my plan for my next character probably...

This shield with two -1 endurance charge jewels making your max endurance charges 0.
You go raider for the 100% increased effect of onslaught and get perma phasing.
You would also have perma immunity to status ailments.

Only problem is I have no clue what skill to use while doing this -_-
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Mar 14, 2017, 6:58:33 PM
Seems like a lot of effort to just get perma onslaught... why not just use Perseverance Belt... perma onslaught while you have fortify

Definitely a Build Enabling Unique.
I made a super-HC-safe 78/78 block gladiator that goes poison (and a bit of bleed) with
and
(both buffed).
Safest thing I've ever created so far - 78/78 block (
), crit damage reduction with some doubledipping Intimidate
5 EC plus 10% flat phys reduction from O&O ascendancy node; and actually has a surprising amount of DPS! Doubledipping ahoy!
As the build uses 4 buffed uniques I feel I kinda maxed out the good stuff this patch :)
Right now I'm looking to minmax it with a legacy Bringer of Rain (and in the far future, a Red Nightmare) as both of those give 15% blockchance which enables me to drop block nodes - and go further into crazy effective Varunastra weapon nodes.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

[build]

Ichimonji as a weapon? :o Why Rotgut? From where another 10% Dodge (30% from Armour, 10% from Raider, 10% from Boots) From where 30% block?

What content you do with it?

Yup. Ichimonji got buffed quite a bit. Not a mirror tier DPS, but it goes around ~260 DPS. Not too shabby. The decision process went something like this:
- I'm going to be elemental build/one-handed build, need a fast hitting weapon
- Fastest (unique) weapon with decent DPS - Ichimonji
- Considering using a shield (more base Evasion for armor covnersion) -> Not very feasible because of moderate DPS of Ichimonji, need dual wielding more bonuses to keep DPS decent
- Considering off-hand weapon. Cannot do that, since Wild Strike uses any weapon. Second Ichimonji gives double benefit of less mana reservation, buff effects and dual wielding. Seems about right

Rotgut is used to gain Onslaught. I need Onslaught to activate bonus from boots (and minor one from free). It provides me with quite a bit of armor (I'm sitting at around 18k atm, at level 71, Onslaught grants me ~6k).
Onslaught on kill is useless. I needed a method do gain it on bosses. So, because Rotgut consumes Frenzy charges, I needed a good method of gaining them on bosses. Raider choice is born. Because Rotgut consumes a lot of charges (only one use) and gains them on crit, I need crit.
Sword idea is born, because Ranger has good sword crit nodes. That is BEFORE I consider elemental/one-hand build.
Additional 10% comes from a flask. :P Phasing flask grants 10% dodge and spell dodge.
Block comes from dual wielding and dual wielding nodes. I've taken quite a bit of those. :P

Atm I'm lvl 71, not really doing anything worth talking about. :P But it is worth noting that clear is... absurd. :P I imagine it will get a little more realistic when I hit end-game (since Abyssus is a giant DPS boost), but after tweeking my tree/gear even more, I should be able to get around ~300-450k DPS, with decent AoE clear (on a 6L, GRRRBB, which is going to be a bitch to color :C).

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
From where 30% block?

DW by default provides 15% chance to block, so the other 15% will come from the passive tree.

Do people even take this nodes this days?

Well, yes. They are pretty damn efficient. :P Most of them boost both DPS and defense by adding block. That and pathing also somewhat forces you into them. Ranger goes for either bow, shield or dual wield. Or skip all of those and pick something else, but also waste points on traveling.
Duelist is similar deal - two-hand, shield, dual wield or projectiles. When pathing in that area, I'd much rather take these nodes (which are quite good) over pathing around them. :P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 15, 2017, 2:53:56 AM

I'm using these bad boys. I've always liked the axes but felt they were never build enabling. Can safely say, they are now.
Made a generic cleave slayer and didn't like it then did something I personally have never done before. Cleave witch (elementalist). It's insane.
She has only done normal and cruel lab, runs a 4L and only has 3.7k life (all my gear is shit) but is tearing through low maps with no sign of slowing. The cleave jewels are amazing, perma fortify and can cleave most of the screen when surrounded by mobs.
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
Ok so here's my plan for my next character probably...

This shield with two -1 endurance charge jewels making your max endurance charges 0.
You go raider for the 100% increased effect of onslaught and get perma phasing.
You would also have perma immunity to status ailments.

Only problem is I have no clue what skill to use while doing this -_-

I am not sure where it's going either :P

"
eemmbbeerr wrote:
I made a super-HC-safe 78/78 block gladiator that goes poison (and a bit of bleed) with
and
(both buffed).
Safest thing I've ever created so far - 78/78 block (
), crit damage reduction with some doubledipping Intimidate
5 EC plus 10% flat phys reduction from O&O ascendancy node; and actually has a surprising amount of DPS! Doubledipping ahoy!
As the build uses 4 buffed uniques I feel I kinda maxed out the good stuff this patch :)
Right now I'm looking to minmax it with a legacy Bringer of Rain (and in the far future, a Red Nightmare) as both of those give 15% blockchance which enables me to drop block nodes - and go further into crazy effective Varunastra weapon nodes.

Oh, Varunastra. BF main skill? How crazy is DPS? You should record a video or something.

Do you feel like Belt of Deceiver wort it? 10% incr. damage taken is awesome, but you can get a whole lot of Life and Resists from Belt.

"
Perq wrote:
Aren't you gonna be at none Frenzy charges most of the time, because of this Flask though? Are you sure EV bonus from boots really worth it or you didn't took any Evasion node from the Tree? :P

I still can't believe someone made build with Ichimonji. :o It's crit, right?

"
zodiac3892 wrote:

I'm using these bad boys. I've always liked the axes but felt they were never build enabling. Can safely say, they are now.
Made a generic cleave slayer and didn't like it then did something I personally have never done before. Cleave witch (elementalist). It's insane.
She has only done normal and cruel lab, runs a 4L and only has 3.7k life (all my gear is shit) but is tearing through low maps with no sign of slowing. The cleave jewels are amazing, perma fortify and can cleave most of the screen when surrounded by mobs.

Aren't Cleave pretty small now?

Do you get both fire and cold damage with attacks while DW Dyadus? What damage you scale on the tree and jewels? Aren't crit Inq. just OP with them? You can path to Ranger for minor Pen. nodes, use Ele Weak, trigger Mastermind of Discord, equalize your resistances for new Flask and get insane Pen though.

"
zodiac3892 wrote:

Aren't Cleave pretty small now?

Do you get both fire and cold damage with attacks while DW Dyadus? What damage you scale on the tree and jewels? Aren't crit Inq. just OP with them? You can path to Ranger for minor Pen. nodes, use Ele Weak, trigger Mastermind of Discord, equalize your resistances for new Flask and get insane Pen though. [/quote]

Yes you get both element types by dual wielding. Your main hand does only the fire and your off only cold. Cleave does both at the same time.
Based only off the tree and ascendencies this build has/will have:
98% inc WED
141% inc elemental damage
26% inc AOE + 6% inc AOE per enemy near
+2 wep range
24% IAS
Perma Fortify
50% reduced ele reflect
8% reducmost of this is obtainable by any builded ele dmg taken per element hit by recently
6 out of every 14 seconds garaunteed shock
40% inc fire/cold dmg by summoning 2 golems (1fire/1 cold)
100% increase buff to fire golems dmg buff to me
every 10 seconds I'll get 100% inc dmg and 25% inc aoe

While most of this is obtainable by any generic cleave build I feel Elementalist shines with these axes because of her ascendencies.
50% to 58% reduced ele reflect
6 seconds of shock out of every 14 seconds
and something awesome I noticed about her chilling conflux and the offhand axes perma chill, you can shatter huge packs of mobs with tasty HoI explosions so very good clear speed is insane clear speed 6 out of 14 seconds

"
SunL4D2 wrote:

[Woopie-a-doopie-a-dooo]

Aren't you gonna be at none Frenzy charges most of the time, because of this Flask though? Are you sure EV bonus from boots really worth it or you didn't took any Evasion node from the Tree? :P

I still can't believe someone made build with Ichimonji. :o It's crit, right?

Nope. There are two scenarios in which I have to worry about getting charges - clearing trash and bosses. When clearing trash, gaining charges is provided by on kill raider Ascendancy. There is wayyyy too many charges generated. I can quite easily (now) maintain Onslaught and maximum Frenzy charges. They quite often tick instantly to max when clearing a pack or two. It also provides me with shitton of flask charges.
The other scenario is bosses. At this scenario, I gain frenzy charges from on hitting bosses Asncendacy. Because I'm hitting 7 times a second, you can imagine I'm getting quite a bit of those. :P
When hitting a boss, I can quite easily sustain both Onslaught and frenzy charges.
Given that Rotgut gains charges on crit (which I do, cuz I'm crit based), I can sustain, in theory, all of these things up when I'm hitting a boss or rare.

Removing the boots from the build removes around 6k armor and 10% spell dodge... :P While other boots might have better base Evasion and whatnot, these have additional advantage - they are dirt cheap. I can buy however many I want and Vaal them till the end of time, meaning I can get +1 frenzy quite easily.
Other options might be Darkray Vectors for dodge, but these have no life roll (and my build struggles with life rolls on gear).
Atziri's Step is comparable to Three-Steps (arguably a little better), but getting well rolled ones might be costly for Vaaling. :V Max life roll ones cost around 10c, which way too much for Vaal fun.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
MeWhenum wrote:
My roommate made a weird build with sprinkler with absurd damage but it couldn't even kill Voll without dying even at 6k life...so yeah not really lol.

Absurd Damage yet can't kill Voll withotu dying with 6L Life? Wut.

"
zSavage wrote:

Sprinkler build coming soon. Just need xoph ammy or astramantis, and to get my first character to 90 first. Expect OP ;)

Oooooooooh the weery traveler draws close to the Emeperor above...

And you want to play it with one of the most OP sleeping Melee skill :3

I would like to see your progress, but there is no feature to keep up with other people's threads :( So could you post major updates / milestones here?

I made a thread explaining my plan in the marauder section; you can check it out here.

Things have changed a little in plan since I got the item (now planning on berserker instead of chieftain). I still intend to start once I hit 90 on my first character (lvl 89 atm).

I'll post updates here for yall to read too :)

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info