Anyone made crazy / interesting builds with new (buffed) items from 2.6?

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
There is the new build based around animate weapons and the two handed mace. That is literally a new tier 1 build.

Never heard of it. What build are you talking about?

Jorrhast's Blacksteel got updated in 2.6.

25% chance to cast L20 animate weapon on kill.

Through various mechanics abuses, you can get credit for the kills ostensibly made by the animated weapons. So you summon things that kill things that summon things that kill things that...

Video that made the rounds on reddit.
Last edited by pneuma on Mar 10, 2017, 7:01:48 PM
"
pneuma wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
There is the new build based around animate weapons and the two handed mace. That is literally a new tier 1 build.

Never heard of it. What build are you talking about?

Jorrhast's Blacksteel got updated in 2.6.

25% chance to cast L20 animate weapon on kill.

Through various mechanics abuses, you can get credit for the kills ostensibly made by the animated weapons. So you summon things that kill things that summon things that kill things that...

Video that made the rounds on reddit.

I seen this video. This build is not how guy above desribed it.

Also AFAIK this weapon was not buffed in 2.6 or was it? Or Jewel was buffed?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 10, 2017, 7:57:16 PM
Like I said, that affix (chance to cast Animate Weapon on Kill) was added in 2.6.

The way that the player gets credit for the kill is having the summons kill things via degen damage. It's a bug in the game that has existed for a really long time and unknown if GGG will ever fix it.

---

In the build linked in the video, he has 2 sets of support gems for AW:
- "melee" AW in the weapon, linked with melee supports
- "ranged" AW in the body armor, linked with GMP, added chaos

Both are linked to Poison.

The AW that gets autocast whenever any animated weapon kills via poison (credited to the player) will be with "melee" AW supports, but AW itself could have targeted a ranged weapon on the ground.

In total, you start with a few ranged AW with ranged supports. Those kill things and summon melee or ranged AW with melee supports. Those kill things and summon melee or ranged AW with melee supports. You have to manually summon some ranged AW with ranged supports from time to time as needed.
"

What's the math behind it? Which passives and items you gonna use? 75% is 18750 Accuracy?

5k base, I plan on running additional accuracy gem, for another 1k base, most builds get around 100-140% acc without even straying from dex/int nodes. You need 15,000 acc for 75% attack speed, 140% would land you at 16,000 accuracy. You can invest harder into accuracy if you wanted, I don't because I still think INT is the way to go for a howa build.

My build also has 8 Jewel slots, so I could potentially get 8 jewels with +20% accuracy on them, for another 160% (which I just might do)
Last edited by Graiseperiod on Mar 10, 2017, 8:53:28 PM
@sun; he actually had immortal call and a bunch (8?) endurance charges, as well as 4% leech and thief's torment for a metric ton of leech/lgoh, but it just wasn't enough to keep him alive somehow. I watched him use it and his life spiked way up and down constantly. Between eva and dodge I have 75% attack avoidance and 50% spell but somehow with only 5k life, no fort, and no charges, I was way tankier than him. He couldn't get it past ~84. I think melee just doesn't work a lot of the time. He rerolled to an auramancer lol.

Probably didn't help that he was a berserker but there was still some weird shenanigans going on.
"
MeWhenum wrote:
"

If animate weapon was not cancerous to play then I'd be intrigued by this post.

Also, the sprinkler build (molten strike) had a ton of damage (like ~30k per orb and 25 projectiles per attack or something nuts) so it could kill voll, but with pretty much only flat life and no mitigation he would occasionally just get gibbed by a charge or something while farming. So my crappy 100k ice shot with 5k life was actually a better build, by most standards...lol.

Remain interested, the reason it's a tier 1 build is because it auto summons weapons. So you don't need to worry about how cancerous it is to play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5BtuKGYU_g&t=9s
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
"
"
MeWhenum wrote:
"

Also, the sprinkler build (molten strike) had a ton of damage (like ~30k per orb and 25 projectiles per attack or something nuts) so it could kill voll, but with pretty much only flat life and no mitigation he would occasionally just get gibbed by a charge or something while farming. So my crappy 100k ice shot with 5k life was actually a better build, by most standards...lol.

Remain interested, the reason it's a tier 1 build is because it auto summons weapons. So you don't need to worry about how cancerous it is to play.

Looks...tasty. Interest acquired.
"
Graiseperiod wrote:
"

What's the math behind it? Which passives and items you gonna use? 75% is 18750 Accuracy?

5k base, I plan on running additional accuracy gem, for another 1k base, most builds get around 100-140% acc without even straying from dex/int nodes. You need 15,000 acc for 75% attack speed, 140% would land you at 16,000 accuracy. You can invest harder into accuracy if you wanted, I don't because I still think INT is the way to go for a howa build.

My build also has 8 Jewel slots, so I could potentially get 8 jewels with +20% accuracy on them, for another 160% (which I just might do)

5k Base Accuracy? How? Jugg + Gem = 2k Which nodes on the Tree exactly you will take?

"
MeWhenum wrote:
@sun; he actually had immortal call and a bunch (8?) endurance charges, as well as 4% leech and thief's torment for a metric ton of leech/lgoh, but it just wasn't enough to keep him alive somehow. I watched him use it and his life spiked way up and down constantly. Between eva and dodge I have 75% attack avoidance and 50% spell but somehow with only 5k life, no fort, and no charges, I was way tankier than him. He couldn't get it past ~84. I think melee just doesn't work a lot of the time. He rerolled to an auramancer lol.

Probably didn't help that he was a berserker but there was still some weird shenanigans going on.

It's just dumb. You probably should just forget about it and move on.

"
"
MeWhenum wrote:
"

People just use Spell Totem or CWC - you don't have to click any weapon, just place totem or target mob with Wither. This build also couldn't even instagib Strand boss. It also takes away shield slot. You still need to bring some weapons with you. It still can animate 6-Link. You can have 7Link AW without actual Links though.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 11, 2017, 4:37:02 AM
"
Trylobyte wrote:
"
Kaw wrote:

Trying a SSF zombie build. So far I managed to play 1-3 tier maps at best.
Zombies are pretty stupid.

Clears T8 in my sleep. I'd love if higher maps would drop, I'd love to put it against some of the better ones out there. A big part of running a zombie build is learning how to compensate for their AI, which is admittedly pretty terrible, but once you get that down it's hilarious how fast they explode things. A bit harder to pull off in SSF surely, though.

Also, SRS is a great support skill. With very little investment you can cast the full 20 of them without Spell Echo, which helps against tough things and acts as a way to steer the zombies. With Charity and Necro Aegis, it also ensures your zombies will always be at maximum Frenzy charges.

Im using SRS too. Mainly because that's the way to level up until you get your montegruls. For SSF you can get the
which is a nice way to grind your way into the build. The right jewel or shield however is much harder. I'm going to try a few things with totems and a second montegruls just for the fun.
Also I don't think playing SSF maps isn't that bad at all. The last time I played SSF before this league I got stuck at the beginning of merciless act 3.
The only SSF build that would be easier is the pizza stick build I guess.
"
5k Base Accuracy? How? Jugg + Gem = 2k Which nodes on the Tree exactly you will take?

1k from Jugg
1k from Additional Accuracy Support
300+ base INT just from leveling
Shaper's Gloves gives 2 Acc per 1 INT, I intend to have roughly 1300 INT, so 2600 more Acc

that's 5k, and a 20q Additional Acc Support would be another 20% for 6k

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info