[2.6] Pathfinder/Deadeye Crit Ice Shot/Barrage Amazing Clear!

Introduction:
Hello guys, I am Hyrchurn here. This is my first time making a guide, and there are bound to be mistakes, so please do point out where I did wrong on this guide, thank you in advance!

Why Ice Shot?
I love to freeze and shatter whole packs, and it sounds very satisfying. Your main offensive skill is your main defensive skill, too! With the new jewel, Omen of the Winds, Deadeye AOE Buff on Endless Munitions, the recent increased Iceshot Phys to Cold Conversion from 40% to 60%, coupled with the Cold Conversion on the passive tree, you can do 100% Phys to Cold Conversion, which means you can chill/freeze more often than before! (and more DPS, too)

Pros
+Amazing Clear
+Huge AoE
+Defensive
+Endgame Map Clear Viable
+Guardians viable (haven't tried Shaper)
+Atziri Viable
+Decent Damage

Cons
-Cannot do Reflect
-Evasion based, pray that the one hit that gets past doesn't kill you
-Vaal Pact, screw Lab traps
-Need quite some investment if you want it really strong
-Cannot do No Leech, you have to sacrifice some damage for a Leech gem if you want to do a No Leech map mod.

Passive Skill Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeBS0FtQYjCC4NjQ-rES8UdRa_F5YZihmOIXYi6iPTI_YkiyT9JpUqCyo4KwouUzB8MfoyATY9N0w31DnUQzFHfkp9TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1uvXfJh4mKsZU1noGyMbydwUnTtdct293j5eu97FH11ft1_K3-AgayExYbOh3aJ04rwjDaNfY1-jbmNv49glwaaapuNm7Wdqp63nsSgn6Gko4qkwqa-p9SpebCrshm0xbe2u-O9Nr6nwTPC7MM6xILEosedyMzPetNv037UI9rB32_h2-Of5GrnVOlG6ZjqYutj7T_tg-4O74_xbfzF_W7-uv7I_xD_3g==?accountName=Hyrchurn&characterName=Hyrchurn
This would yield you to about 5.3k Life or more, and allow for 100% Cold conversion on Ice Shot.

Ascendancies
You can go either Deadeye, or Pathfinder, although I prefer Pathfinder, as it is much stronger.
Deadeye
Take Fast and Deadly, Rupture, Farshot and Endless Munitions.

Pathfinder
Take Master Alchemist, Veteran Bowyer, Nature's Adrenaline and Nature's Boon.

I have not tried with Raider yet, but if you do want to go Raider, you can take Way of the Poacher, Quartz Infusion, Avatar of the Veil and Avatar of the Slaughter.

For the Bandits, Oak in Normal (+40 life), kill all in Cruel (skill point), and Alira in Merciless (+1 max Power charges)

My Current Gear
These are my current gear, I'm going to include cheaper alternatives to them.

HH is just for fun, I swap it out for a rare Leather belt for bosses.

For Jewels, I use 2 Omen on the Winds, and 1 Volley Fire. Volley Fire can be replaced with any good rare jewel that has life and Crit on it, preferably.

Gear Explanation, and Alternatives!
I use Rat's Nest for the Increased Global Crit Chance, and the Rarity and Movespeed is a nice bonus too. An alternative to Rat's Nest can be a nice Rare Helmet with Life, Evasion and Resistances.

I use Kintsugi for my Chestpiece, which has a special mod where you gain extra Evasion upon being hit, and also mitigating the first hit, if you have not been hit. An alternative to it can be QoTF, or a good rare with Life, Evasion and Resistances.

For my bow, I use +4 arrows Reach, which I got long ago before it was nerfed. It adds arrows which mean you do not require GMP/LMP, and is a nice bonus to Barrage's DPS too. If you cannot afford a +4 Reach, A Death Opus with LMP works great too, or a great Rare Harbinger with Crit and high Phys.

I use a Rare Quiver with Life, Resistances, Ele Dmg and Crit. You can try using Drillneck, with a +1 arrow implict, as with two of Omen on the Winds, Iceshot has 100% Pierce, so the 10% Pierce is not needed. I have not tried with Rigwald's Quills, but you can experiment, and hopefully tell me if it works :D

For my Jewellery, I get Life, Resistances, and Crit/Damage if possible. Tul's amulet gives a great boost to damage, get it if you can!

For Gloves, I am currently using Shadows And Dusts, which has a nice Rampage and Unholy Might bonus, coupled with Crit Chance and Multiplier. Before I could afford it, I was using Maligaro's Virtuosity, and it works well too. A good Rare with Life, Resistances, Crit and Eva will fit too.

For Boots, I once used Atziri's Step, which has Life, Evasion and a nice Spell Dodge bonus. However, I wanted to cap my resistances so I switched to a good Rare with 30% Movespeed, Life, Evasion and Resistances.

For Belt, I once used a good Rare with Life, Ele Damage and Resistances, but I am now using a Headhunter as I had chanced one. HH allows for really fast and fun map clears too :D

Flasks

I run 1 Instant Life flask, preferably with Bleed removal.

I use a Dying Sun for increased AoE and +2 projectiles. Use a Diamond Flask for lucky crit if you can't afford a Dying Sun.

Basalt Flask for Phys Damage Mitigation,, rolling of Warding mod to remove Curses, or the Poison removal mod too.
Basalt can be replaced by Vinktar if you want damage and leech, but Basalt is more defensive.

Taste of Hate is a really great flask, as it is both great for reducing Physical damage taken by converting it to Cold, and also a nice boost to your DPS. I recommend ToH a lot, as it is just a really great flask.

A Quicksilver with the Alchemist and Adrenaline mod is perfect, you can run really fast with it! Extra movespeed is always great.

If you cannot afford a Dying Sun and ToH, Atziri's Promise works well, with a Jade/Diamond flask.

Enchantments
For the enchants, I got a 12% increased AoE on Ice Shot. A Commandment of War is preferably the best for Glove enchant, as it spawns bows that fight alongside you. For Boots enchant, a Crit enchant is most preferred. Additional Movespeed while you are not being hit is also great.
Another great enchant for Boots is Increased Atk/Cast Spd when you have killed recently.

Gem Links are all shown in the Gear section. For the 4l setup on the Gloves, I manual cast Temp Chains for safety. If you do not like to use it, you can put in a GMP gem for the golem.

Tell me about how it goes if you want to try Ice Shot! I would very gladly love to hear your opinions on this guide! Stay sane, Exile!
Last edited by Hyrchurn on May 22, 2017, 11:57:53 AM
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2017, 7:05:30 AM
Reserved.
perfect build.!
My Question is, why do you take Ricochet if your Ice Shot pierces 100% of the time? Is it for Barrage or what?
Last edited by Blackiiee on Mar 13, 2017, 7:26:40 PM
"
Blackiiee wrote:
My Question is, why do you take Ricochet if your Ice Shot pierces 100% of the time? Is it for Barrage or what?

Hello there, I apologise for that mistake. The guide was made and I actually did not take the jewel in heed, I've changed it now. Thank you for pointing it out!
"
Hyrchurn wrote:
"
Blackiiee wrote:

Hello there, I apologise for that mistake. The guide was made and I actually did not take the jewel in heed, I've changed it now. Thank you for pointing it out!

You're welcome! :)
It just looked quite wierd so I though, why not ask if it's wrong. :D
http://poeurl.com/bbI6

I saved a point (or two, you'll see why) on your pathing by connecting under the Finesse node instead of going down to Acrobatics from the Shadow section of the tree.
I also went ahead and dropped one of the 8% damage nodes from beside Will of Blades. (It's just ~1% more dps. To compare, grabbing the 16% proj damage node at the start of Ranger is ~4%)

What change I made was that I put in Fangs of Frost. This is a pretty little cluster of three points that will add a nice 20% dps to Ice Shot, as well as penetrate 8% cold resist.
Since your Barrage is 50% cold, I think it'll be a nice addition for that as well. :)

I may have worded this fairly badly, as I'm not much of a build creator myself. I hope I was helpful, though. ^^

Edit: Just noticed, but I'd recommend you drop the +1 chain on Deadeye and pick up the no extra damage taken from bleed. Soooo nice when you don't instagib yourself from it, as well as some nice extra damage.

Edit 2: Also, drop Physical Projectile Attack Damage for Ice Shot and pick up Added Cold Damage. You'll see a VERY big increase in your damage. :)
Last edited by Tevsu on Mar 17, 2017, 5:55:06 PM
The Omen on the winds jewels dont have 40 dex in radius so u dont gain the effect in the current tree, or am i missing something?
"
Jackis wrote:
The Omen on the winds jewels dont have 40 dex in radius so u dont gain the effect in the current tree, or am i missing something?

The 40 dex does not need to be allocated. It just has to be nearby, which it is for all three jewel slots.
"
http://poeurl.com/bbI6

I saved a point (or two, you'll see why) on your pathing by connecting under the Finesse node instead of going down to Acrobatics from the Shadow section of the tree.
I also went ahead and dropped one of the 8% damage nodes from beside Will of Blades. (It's just ~1% more dps. To compare, grabbing the 16% proj damage node at the start of Ranger is ~4%)

What change I made was that I put in Fangs of Frost. This is a pretty little cluster of three points that will add a nice 20% dps to Ice Shot, as well as penetrate 8% cold resist.
Since your Barrage is 50% cold, I think it'll be a nice addition for that as well. :)

I may have worded this fairly badly, as I'm not much of a build creator myself. I hope I was helpful, though. ^^

Edit: Just noticed, but I'd recommend you drop the +1 chain on Deadeye and pick up the no extra damage taken from bleed. Soooo nice when you don't instagib yourself from it, as well as some nice extra damage.

Edit 2: Also, drop Physical Projectile Attack Damage for Ice Shot and pick up Added Cold Damage. You'll see a VERY big increase in your damage. :)

Hello there, thanks for the comment! I saw the tree, and that is a better tree than mine haha. Thanks for the tips!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info