[2.6] The Baron Spirits

"
Just wanted to run a couple questions by you.
1.) Anyway to incorporate spectres into this?
2.) What should I look for in jewels?
3.) Do i go Mon'tregul's over Doons if i reach 1k strength easily? Which is better for overall dps/clear speed?

1.) For spectres, I have come to realize that the golem is not a key part of the build. I have plenty life regen from the tree to consistently refill the energy shield safely so I have been toying around with Animate Guardian and you could easily throw in the spectres instead.
2.) For jewels, I currently have 4 slots reserved for Strength (2 Brawn and 2 Efficient Training) so I don't have a lot of freedom to look for a lot of extra jewels as I have 6 sockets. That said, it has been mentioned several times: this build really needs resistances. I am currently looking for dual resists or all resists, % life, cast speed and/or minion damage.
3.) Mon'tregul's is fun and all but the main damage dealers of the build are the Raging Spirits so the cast speed from Doon is always welcome. Besides, ieatpillowtags just posted above that he is using Doon with spell based spectres, which I reckon is pretty clever.
Last edited by Ramonacus on Mar 17, 2017, 5:52:55 AM
I linked Raise Spectre, GMP and Spell Echo on the Doon for Flame Sentinel... they melt stuff

With Flesh Offering, Zombies (10) (2 violent dead), Spectres and SRS I'm with a great clear speed, doing maps fast on HC.

For resists I use Purity of Ice, Fire and Lightning for 80% max res.

Other options for main hand are Advancing Fortress for extra block and mobility, Aurumvorax for resists, Montreguls for Big Zombies.

For 2nd hand I'm using a Chaos Res shield, but other options are Saffell for more resists (can cap 85 max res with Legacy Saffell), Rathpith for HP and Spell Block, Lioneye's Remorse for extra Armor and Life or a 2nd Doon to boost dps.

2H options are 6L +2+1 Staff or Crude Bow for SRS dmg or Queen's Escape for fast runs.
Last edited by BobZaninetti on Mar 17, 2017, 3:27:19 PM
"
Ramonacus wrote:
"
I don't use this for self cast, I use it for my spectres. Currently I'm dual wielding Doon and Monty's with Doon being a pseudo 4-link for any spell based spectre, SRS in the baron for the +2 gems, and Zombies in my chest (currently 4-link because i'm poor). It has the added benefit of a large chunk of strength to help getting to some extra zombie breakpoints, or even the elusive 1000 str!

Now that's clever! As I already mentioned, I am headed towards a +2 +1 staff but those Iron Will spectres do look good. I guess you would link them with minion damage and minion speed for the extra DPS?

I would not link Specters with minion speed because their movement is capped. I'm going all in on Phys damage scaling, so Slashed Miscreations with Minion Damage and Poison (or Concentrated Effect if you can get a Severed in Sleep).

I'm running Hatred and Purity of Elements (and a lvl 1 Clarity for the extra Ascendancy aura bonus). Hatred is great for all of my summons, and Purity of Elements caps their resists. Usually I cap minion resist on Jewels, but thats just too expensive to do and also look for strength, minion damage, resists for myself to make up for all the uniques, etc. This is the most expensive summoner build I've tried to put together by far!

My character is Pillowmancer if you are interested in seeing my current setup. After swapping out a bunch of jewels for strength ones, I was able to hit 1000 strength and keep my bones of ullr. Here's my current skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAHcA-4EBwSzBkkHHgj0DeIRlhQgFScVUBg8GFYaOBzcHb4fxyL0Jy8nqSj6KpgtizLRM4c1kjpYOtg8LUGHRUdHfkiOSVFMs025UEdUrlXGWpFfP2ZUaPJqQ2qsa9tsC20Zbzt343gNeWh8u30YfdJ_xoIegseDX4PMg9uE2YUyhWCFe4hAiEKMsY8aj0aQM5BVkyeVLpuKm6GhL6IApqynCKh9qW6qxKyYr2y18rc-uJO9J702vk--isAawFTAZsEEwcXFisy80B_T-9i92wvfiuRR6-7sOO8O7-vwH_DV99f56PqA_go=
Last edited by ieatpillowtags on Mar 19, 2017, 8:31:35 PM
Edit: Nevermind.
Last edited by Spazturtle on Mar 31, 2017, 5:42:01 PM
What's your plan for damage mitigation and what is your Life/ES?
I suspect you won't last past 12 tier maps.
I'm very interested on this build guide. Is this guide updated with the current suggestions posted? Can anyone post their final build on this? Thanks. To be honest 1st time that I'll try a summoner build and this looks great :D
you messed up the lvl 90 tree
well you can look at my lvl 90 talents and my links i have done xoph domain, ubarlab and easy atziri. up to tier 13 maps easy
Thx for build. But can you make step-by-step builds?
I've also done a similar build in Legacy. I found that the three rat amulet (if rolled higher than certain values) yields more strength than the astramentis. I have 1k+ strength and the only thing I'm lacking is a +3 staff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info