[2.6] The Baron Spirits

It's a very good staple aswell... this build lacks All Res. I'm going a new way with 3 different nodes.

Got Sovereignty (with top node) so I can use Purity of Ice, Fire and Lightining Auras, for 80% max res. And level 1 Clarity with bloodmagic to proc Commander of Darkness for extra buff.

www.poeurl.com/bbaf

Pretty solid so far.
Last edited by BobZaninetti on Mar 15, 2017, 2:44:56 PM
"
Ramonacus wrote:
Update on this:
I hadn't seen the buffs on The Carnage Heart amulet and now I really want one with good rolls. It's basically a mini-Astramentis with resistances and leech buffs. I am definitely going to get one and probably will be able to go for a 5-L staff!

Levelling this build just to have a brake from my main toon. Need to have some fun with dummies :).

Have you ever considered using this

Huge damage boost. Or a Mon'tregul's Grasp. Deciding yet...
"
opethsland wrote:
"
Ramonacus wrote:
Update on this:
I hadn't seen the buffs on The Carnage Heart amulet and now I really want one with good rolls. It's basically a mini-Astramentis with resistances and leech buffs. I am definitely going to get one and probably will be able to go for a 5-L staff!

Levelling this build just to have a brake from my main toon. Need to have some fun with dummies :).

Have you ever considered using this

I'm using both! The damage is insane due to the added strength on all 3 summons (SRS, Spectre, Zombies). My build is a little different from this one (focused on life and regen, no EB/ZO, although i'm strongly considering switching as I have a lot of trouble sustaining mana for MoM).

"
I'm using both! The damage is insane due to the added strength on all 3 summons (SRS, Spectre, Zombies). My build is a little different from this one (focused on life and regen, no EB/ZO, although i'm strongly considering switching as I have a lot of trouble sustaining mana for MoM).

Nice! Gonna try it as soon as I reach the lvl requirement.
since your using a shield
why not sub out the wand and use shield charge + faster attacks + fortify(optional)
if you want resists out the wazoo grab and aurumvorax (60 all res) instead of a doon
you also get the choice of whirling blades if you go for aurumvuorax

the baron + srs is also insane with a 6 socket jorrhasts blacksteel,
since your auto summoning melee weapons that also scale with str
you end up amassing giant armies that can rip entire maps lol, but you miss out on mobility of shield charge and free frenzy charges from victarios + necro aegis
Last edited by Doyzord on Mar 15, 2017, 10:58:11 PM
"
opethsland wrote:
Update on this:Have you ever considered using this

I have tried using this and I must agree that your self cast spell skyrockets damage-wise. It's fun and all but I chose to opt-out of that option for these reasons:
* To truly shine, needs to swap Curse on Hit + El. weakness for damage focused supports e.g.: controlled destruction + spell echo. Elemental Equilibrium falls out of the equation too.
* This causes an indirect fall in DPS of your minions.
* You need to be static more time.

So, while it does work I'd rather go for a Mon'tre'gul + Shield. Huge zombies are fun to watch.

I must say that my final goal is to have enough resists and stats so that I can run a 6L staff with +2 to fire gems.
Last edited by Ramonacus on Mar 16, 2017, 5:32:00 AM
"
Doyzord wrote:
since your using a shield
why not sub out the wand and use shield charge + faster attacks + fortify(optional)
if you want resists out the wazoo grab and aurumvorax (60 all res) instead of a doon
you also get the choice of whirling blades if you go for aurumvuorax

Uh, that's really a good alternative... I never think of that skill. It's actually a very solid choice and I will definitely try it out.

"
Doyzord wrote:
the baron + srs is also insane with a 6 socket jorrhasts blacksteel,
since your auto summoning melee weapons that also scale with str
you end up amassing giant armies that can rip entire maps lol, but you miss out on mobility of shield charge and free frenzy charges from victarios + necro aegis

That actually looks like a fun idea to support the build. A lot of possiblities indeed. Thanks for contributing!
"
Ramonacus wrote:
"
opethsland wrote:
Update on this:Have you ever considered using this

I have tried using this and I must agree that your self cast spell skyrockets damage-wise. It's fun and all but I chose to opt-out of that option for these reasons:
* To truly shine, needs to swap Curse on Hit + El. weakness for damage focused supports e.g.: controlled destruction + spell echo. Elemental Equilibrium falls out of the equation too.
* This causes an indirect fall in DPS of your minions.
* You need to be static more time.

So, while it does work I'd rather go for a Mon'tre'gul + Shield. Huge zombies are fun to watch.

I must say that my final goal is to have enough resists and stats so that I can run a 6L staff with +2 to fire gems.

I don't use this for self cast, I use it for my spectres. Currently I'm dual wielding Doon and Monty's with Doon being a pseudo 4-link for any spell based spectre, SRS in the baron for the +2 gems, and Zombies in my chest (currently 4-link because i'm poor). It has the added benefit of a large chunk of strength to help getting to some extra zombie breakpoints, or even the elusive 1000 str!
Last edited by ieatpillowtags on Mar 16, 2017, 4:41:04 PM
Just wanted to run a couple questions by you.
1.) Anyway to incorporate spectres into this?
2.) What should I look for in jewels?
3.) Do i go Mon'tregul's over Doons if i reach 1k strength easily? Which is better for overall dps/clear speed?
"
I don't use this for self cast, I use it for my spectres. Currently I'm dual wielding Doon and Monty's with Doon being a pseudo 4-link for any spell based spectre, SRS in the baron for the +2 gems, and Zombies in my chest (currently 4-link because i'm poor). It has the added benefit of a large chunk of strength to help getting to some extra zombie breakpoints, or even the elusive 1000 str!

Now that's clever! As I already mentioned, I am headed towards a +2 +1 staff but those Iron Will spectres do look good. I guess you would link them with minion damage and minion speed for the extra DPS?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info